ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/PSU probables

jrod65

HR All-American
Jan 21, 2019
Saw before someone mentioned that HR favorite(former) Crablegs posted that he heard Ayala was dinged up. Maybe some smoke there with Ybarra also listed? Also lists both Schriever and Desanto at 33.

Not at all excited about the possibility of Ybarra going unless some miraculous switch flipped that he figured out how to get after it. Not only would it eliminate one of our better chances to get the extra wins we need to win the dual it could easily lead to giving up bonus.

A lot of talk around Luke Gardner wrestling 157 for PSU as well. I don’t think it effects anything, and I see KY very close to bonus no matter who he faces from PSU. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Berge sits and Edsell goes at 165. I hope we get to see the best both team has to offer, but I doubt it. I’m afraid there will be a big let down somewhere in both lineups.

A lot of talk around Luke Gardner wrestling 157 for PSU as well. I don’t think it effects anything, and I see KY very close to bonus no matter who he faces from PSU. Also wouldn’t be surprised if Berge sits and Edsell goes at 165. I hope we get to see the best both team has to offer, but I doubt it. I’m afraid there will be a big let down somewhere in both lineups.
Young is 6-5 this season against D1 opponents. He has a career bonus percentage of 36%. He should be favored to win, but bonus points? I don’t see it.

Reactions: tiltman
Young is 6-5 this season against D1 opponents. He has a career bonus percentage of 30%. He should be favored to win, but bonus points? I don’t see it.

I don’t think he’ll bonus, I think he’ll be close. He’s a lot better than anything PSU has at 157 currently.

young beat hartman of army 4-1 and hartman majored barraclough. Also young isn’t out there losing to scrubs, they are all top 10 caliber guys
barraclough got turned in that match. he's very tough to score on in neutral and young hasn't been turning anybody this year. barraclough just took saldate to OT. i expect a young win, but no bonus.

barraclough got turned in that match. he's very tough to score on in neutral and young hasn't been turning anybody this year. barraclough just took saldate to OT. i expect a young win, but no bonus.
I actually picked Young to major in the KYPSUW contest.. whoever he faces. I think this is the match where we start to see him take the turn towards his final AA finish.

young beat hartman of army 4-1 and hartman majored barraclough. Also young isn’t out there losing to scrubs, they are all top 10 caliber guys
Negron lost to Humphreys 4-3. Young lost 11-2 to him. I’m not saying Iowa isn’t favored at 157; clearly they are. But Young doesn’t win by bonus often at all and Penn State’s only bonus loss at the weight was Barraclough’s first match of the season where he clearly looked off and lost the starting spot for a good while soon thereafter.

Saw before someone mentioned that HR favorite(former) Crablegs posted that he heard Ayala was dinged up. Maybe some smoke there with Ybarra also listed? Also lists both Schriever and Desanto at 33.

I think I heard somewhere that Ayala got a PS5, I'm sure crablegs is digging for receipts so he can raise a stink about how on earth a freshman college wrestler could afford something like that.

Reactions: FUMBLE-ROOSKY
ADVERTISEMENT