ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Ranks #18 in College Football/Basketball Win Percentage Over Last 10 Seasons

2D_

HB All-American
Apr 3, 2023

Despite our overall lack of recruiting/talent, I think it's incredibly impressive to be as high as we are. Our development programs really are some of the best in the nation. I think if Basketball was even slightly more successful, we'd be at least 4-5 spots higher. Irritates the hell out of me to see those shit head Badgers in the top 10 though.

- We're the fifth highest B1G school (counting the incoming schools)
- Little debbie is not in the top 100 (LOL)
- Beating LSU, Penn State, USC
- Iowa State, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota don't crack the top 50

I'm really surprised that Alabama and OSU are #1 and 2. Football comes first - obviously - with both of those schools and BB is just a way to pass time (with both) until Spring football

I'm really surprised that Alabama and OSU are #1 and 2. Football comes first - obviously - with both of those schools and BB is just a way to pass time (with both) until Spring football
Alabama is really good at basketball right now. OSU has been, a little down recently. It is not surprising to me to see them at the top.

Better than 19th ... yawn.
We have seen substantial growth in the football program and the AD as a whole in the last 10 years. Be grateful and proud of what our program is.

There is nothing wrong with having the longest tenured football coach in the country, one of the greatest game day traditions in the country (the wave), and enjoy all of the press that our programs get which they have earned.

We will play games on CBS, NBC and FOX this year in front of the whole country. We should be proud of our programs and their national standing.

Now if we could only get a damn offense. Fingers crossed.

Did they simply add wins and losses to come up with the combined win percentage? If so, with the increased number of basketball games, that would give those good at basketball a distinct advantage. If they simply averaged the football and basketball winning percentages, that would normalize the data a bit better and more equally weight the two sports.

Last edited:
Little Debbie. Snack Cake U. Oh My Lord.
Another apparent scandal at Nebby with the defensive backs coach being jettisoned.

Of course with Nebby fan's logic, the replacement is a big upgrade.

Can't make this shit up.

Minnesota, the only 4-win team in history to make a bowl game.

That's ELITE!
They had 5 wins. 6 after the bowl game. That sounded too crazy to be true so I had to look it up. (Unless you're counting the ref job of Cooper as a loss, then I agree)

Did they simply add wins and losses to come up with the combined win percentage? If so, with the increased number of basketball games, that would give those good at basketball a distinct advantage. If they simply averaged the football and basketball winning percentages, that would normalize the data a bit better and more equally weight the two sports.

I believe they probably averaged the two win percentages. Otherwise, basketball results would be weighted about 3 times heavier than football.

Reactions: HawkPT
I'm curious about this too as the rankings don't appear to be weighted toward basketball like the first method.

Added wins and losses for a combined win% I came up with 0.636. Taking the two %s, adding them and dividing by two I got 0.652. The list shows 0.653 so looks like the latter.
I was at first glance, too. I knew Bama had a strong couple years in basketball but ten years? Turns out they have no losing seasons that stretch and two years with single digit losses. Their win% that stretch is 0.617... same as ours actually. Ohio State seems to dip pretty hard when they are bad, but they're consistently solid, coming out at 0.616 the last decade.

Please help me here. Did Nebraska change its insignia? For some reason, I can not find the mighty Huskers anywhere on this very long list!

Please help me here. Did Nebraska change its insignia? For some reason, I can not find the mighty Huskers anywhere on this very long list!
community-ken-jeong.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT