ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa ranks in top 10 of 2017's happiest states

fredjr82

HR Legend
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
People determine their own happiness. But how content we are with life is not only and always a matter of perspective. And it’s certainly not about beauty, power or wealth — at least, not beyond an annual income of $75,000. Where we choose to live can also influence our level of happiness.

In this study, WalletHub’s analysts drew upon the findings of “happiness” research to determine which environmental factors are linked to a person’s overall well-being and satisfaction with life. Previous studies have found that good economic, emotional, physical and social health are all key to a well-balanced and fulfilled life.

To determine where Americans exhibit the best combination of these factors, WalletHub examined the 50 states across 28 key metrics, ranging from depression rate to sports participation rate to income growth. Click here for the full findings, additional insight from a panel of experts and a full description of the methodology.

Iowa ranked No. 8 out of 50 states, just after South Dakota and before Wisconsin.

Go Hawks!!!

Since we are tooting the horn of our state, I just noticed another favorable ranking. I know the ranking isn't for the whole state, but I think we can all agree the whole state should celebrate.

Since we are tooting the horn of our state, I just noticed another favorable ranking. I know the ranking isn't for the whole state, but I think we can all agree the whole state should celebrate.

This is an Hawkeye message board, we don't toot Lames here. Come on Cartoon, you are better than that.

I would love to go to St. Petersburg but this trip is the Dusseldorf. The Rhine River is very beautiful as well, so no complaints from me.
Stormfront is sending you to the fatherland. Make sure your jack boots are well shined.

Stormfront is sending you to the fatherland. Make sure your jack boots are well shined.

Like I said many times before, get outdoors and enjoy some nature. The fresh air will do you wonders. Why do you have to make every thread political?

This is an Hawkeye message board, we don't toot Lames here. Come on Cartoon, you are better than that.

I figured since it was about a town and not a university you guys would all think it is pretty cool. Having Ames in Iowa probably helps the state ranking mentioned in the OP. It probably makes others happy to share the state with such a treasure.

I would love to go to St. Petersburg but this trip is the Dusseldorf. The Rhine River is very beautiful as well, so no complaints from me.

9f27b23f68c417d09bea87c57ad8d2f4.480x320x14.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT