ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa ranks second in the nation for excessive drinking

You are all falling right into the trap of the teetotalers definitions of what is or isn't appropriate.

Eight beers in a weekend might be your max. That's fine, that's you. 8 beers in a night has zero effect on my lifestyle. Literally, no impact. Still hit the gym for 1.5 hours a day, walk 18 holes, work 40+ hours, raise a family, volunteer for my kid's stuff, etc, etc.

Oh, I know what the responses will be. Functioning alcoholic. See how fun it is to play the label game. Who are you to say that? Just because somebody sets the goal posts at a certain number that's the number? It's BS.
All I said was it's a bit much..

81a1c1ac-2526-4930-ab0c-ec94d18b5da8_text.gif

You are all falling right into the trap of the teetotalers definitions of what is or isn't appropriate.

Eight beers in a weekend might be your max. That's fine, that's you. 8 beers in a night has zero effect on my lifestyle. Literally, no impact. Still hit the gym for 1.5 hours a day, walk 18 holes, work 40+ hours, raise a family, volunteer for my kid's stuff, etc, etc.

Oh, I know what the responses will be. Functioning alcoholic. See how fun it is to play the label game. Who are you to say that? Just because somebody sets the goal posts at a certain number that's the number? It's BS.

You're are certainly a functioning alcoholic but I'd enjoy golfing with you. 👍

Reactions: torbee
Surely Kim will do something to curb Iowa's addiction to alcohol. She's super worried about that kind of thing.

Reading through the comments here...

A - It explains a lot about the OP

2 - Some of you really need to do a lot of looking in the mirror if you question what binge drinking is and isn't. And FTR, yes, when I was younger I was a full on binge drinker.

D - Anyone not from Iowa wondering why there's that much drinking here needs to come spend some time here. Like get into environment of small town Iowa. The excessive drinking will explain itself.

Really never thought of it that way. I can drink 15 beers no problem and not feel a thing the next day. I drink a fifth of liquor and I'll definitely feel that.

This whole article is BS because it's based on the BS teetotaler definition of what is heavy drinking and binge drinking. Who are they to say that 4 or more drinks in a sitting is binge drinking? So if I am out playing a round of golf in a scramble and I have two beers on the front 9 and two beers on the back 9 and one beer in the clubhouse post round I'm binge drinking? GTFO with that BS. 5 drinks over 5 hours is not binge drinking. Do that a couple times a week and I'm hitting that 15 number quite easily, so now I'm a heavy drinker. They can F off.

For the record, I do drink almost daily with no issues. After work, daily chores, hitting the gym, I sat down last night and watched a couple hockey games on TNT and probably drank about 8 beers over the course of two games. No big deal. TNF tonight I'll do the same thing.

15 beers and you can't feel a thing means you are an alcoholic. Deny all you want, that's alcoholism.

Reading through the comments here...

A - It explains a lot about the OP

2 - Some of you really need to do a lot of looking in the mirror if you question what binge drinking is and isn't. And FTR, yes, when I was younger I was a full on binge drinker.

D - Anyone not from Iowa wondering why there's that much drinking here needs to come spend some time here. Like get into environment of small town Iowa. The excessive drinking will explain itself.
Well, someone's been binge drinking tonight.
A
D
?
Pick letters or numbers you drunk!

Well, someone's been binge drinking tonight.
A
D
?
Pick letters or numbers you drunk!

I'll let you figure it out, but it's a movie reference. And yes, I use it all the time.

<my kids get it>

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT