ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa receives zero votes in AP Top 25?

It's possible, but not likely, but by the end of the 2024 season, Ferentz could be the B1G’s all-time winningest coach, as he is 23 victories behind Woody Hayes. If he doesn't make that achievement in 2024, he still has that goal within reach if he only wins 3 or 4 games a year by 2029.

They played an FCS team at home and won by 4 points. It doesn't matter if it was higher scoring. That alone does not warrant votes or being ranked.

Right now we are closer or at the bottom 25 than the top 25
LOL, no.

If it's any consolation, the computers haven't given up on the Hawkeyes just yet. We're slotted currently between the 11-47 range depending on the service projecting, with an average of #27. Right about where Iowa State currently is at #28.

Let's see how things play out.

Reactions: szohn
It is funny that UNC got votes even with a defensive performance that was as offensive as our offense was.

Give up 60+ at home to App State and get votes? Ok….there does seem to be a double standard…

If I was a UNC fan I would be pretty disgusted with their defense….they won’t win many games with showings like that…

Would be interesting if we played them. Not sure our defense would hold them scoreless, but I bet that SDSU doesn’t have more than 4 guys who would start on that UNC defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT