ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school board member gets ripped for saying public education is 'not to teach kids what parents want’

Did you even read the sentence after fact is? Or did you already have this clever canned reply all teed up and this is just the list you decided to sue it on? SMH.

For everyone else’s benefit, the sentence says
‘Fact is, there are a lot of ways to teach about certain eras in history” That is demonstrably true and your post just makes you look stupid and petty. But we all knew that.

Btw, what happened to your buddy on here? Haven’t seen him in awhile….
You're an idiot.

"Fact is, I’m told, in my wife’s school she’s the only Republican."

As usual, your last sentence makes no sense.

Yes I have actually when they were younger. My kids were all parochial up to high school so not a lot of need. Then one kid went to public high school during COVID so that was so f’ed up it was hard to know what was going on.
So a poor parental decision it sounds like.

Your mom knows I'm not a bot. And she loves it.
The kept man lapdog making sexist and demeaning comments about women. Just how much resentment do you have towards your wife to talk this way about women?

Kind of thought the hateful fascist was one if your alts. Thanks for confirming

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
The kept man lapdog making sexist and demeaning comments about women. Just how much resentment do you have towards your wife to talk this way about women?

speak_english_snl.gif

What is demeaning or sexist? It is one beautiful lovemaking session after another. It's not your mom's fault you turned out to be slow-witted.

But it's not the school's job to teach what parents want.

Some parents want their kids to learn how to skin a deer. Others want their kid to learn that vegan is the only healthy way to eat. Neither belongs in school.

It IS the school's job to teach math and reading without incorporating politics, LGBTQ and BLM talking points, etc. It is also the school's job to teach kids about the Presidents, not to teach them that Trump was evil and Obama was good, or vice versa.

I'm speaking of elementary/middle school. In high school I think debate is healthy, and it's ok for a teacher to share their political views. I had a fantastic government teacher in HS, and he wasn't afraid to tell us he was a Democrat and share his views, and while I didn't agree, I never felt like he gave me lower grades because I disagreed. As long as I had reasons for believing the way I did, or presenting an argument the way I did, it was fine. Lived that teacher.

Sorry. Long post
solid post and should be liked more.

in an email from my representative, who was the chair of rules and administration:
He said public and private schools have all the same requirements for receiving money. He said that knowing full well he was lying and FOS.

Based on this post, I'm not convinced you've ever even spent time inside a school.
What’s really interesting to me is that this idea of social engineering is something that, as it appears, only the ideological left is interested in doing or trying to do.

Never mind that religion is arguably a social engineering effort.

Capitalism socially engineers us.

Social media can be considered through a social engineering lens.

Whenever someone like that dude expresses fear or condemnation of “social engineering” I just shake my head and chuckle.

Zoning that redistributes resources and political power effects social engineering.

And so, too, does this bullshit school voucher crap.

What’s even crazier? Rs love to want to claim Abe Lincoln. Man, that dude was fully committed ideologically to public education. Not “free market” education, not mishmashing public and private (which is a wealth redistribution, mind you), but PUBLIC EDUCATION.

Muffućkers are duuuuumb.

Unions/members, family and friends dominating school board elections.
Which have no say in what Kim just did. Hell, because of laws, school board policies don't even get enforced. I don't blame either party for that. Actually I blame both, come to think of it. I blame Kim for our funding issues, her clear lack of caring about it, and then this voucher BS which doesn't help children in need.

Which have no say in what Kim just did. Hell, because of laws, school board policies don't even get enforced. I don't blame either party for that. Actually I blame both, come to think of it. I blame Kim for our funding issues, her clear lack of caring about it, and then this voucher BS which doesn't help children in need.

You said the union has "zero power". That's just not true. They donate to politicians and impact elections, both on the state and local level.

Reactions: hexumhawk
What has happened to the Republican Party in Iowa?
This state used to be proud of our public school system with an even stronger teacher’s Union. We all thought it was important to provide all kids in this state with a top education and the students/ parents were held accountable for their learning.

Since no child left behind this state’s education system has become a joke. Students don’t have to turn their homework in on time, just turn it in whenever possible. Don’t do well on a test? Well little Johnny and Suzy can retake it as many times as needed. God forbid your little angel be held accountable for not studying or actually learning the subjects. This is on parents and legislators taking away teaching from professional educators plain and simple.

Wait until these Republicans with kids with special needs/ disabilities are rejected from these private schools. Their kids will now be going to public schools with less resources.
Great job!

You said the union has "zero power". That's just not true. They donate to politicians and impact elections, both on the state and local level.
Which is not what we're talking about. It has zero power in affecting Kim Reynolds whatsoever. Teachers can't force change with the Republican leadership in Iowa. We can't strike, and the union has no power there. I hear what you're saying and you're right, but in this, and most discussions when the union gets brought up by you guys, it doesn't have power.

ADVERTISEMENT