ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa schools struggling to fill special education positions...

MitchLL

HB Legend
Dec 26, 2018
For the upcoming school year, there is a critical shortage of special education aides, teachers, and associates...all thanks to the Governor's office.

And yet...the Dim One thinks schools will be able to replace AEA services just by allowing schools to keep the State funding.

Stupid doesn't begin to explain Reynold's approach.

For the upcoming school year, there is a critical shortage of special education aides, teachers, and associates...all thanks to the Governor's office.

And yet...the Dim One thinks schools will be able to replace AEA services just by allowing schools to keep the State funding.

We were short 14 sped teachers in ONE BUILDING going into summer. I highly doubt it’s full. They pay more and people STILL don’t want the jobs. I taught BD at a middle school for 5 years and I don’t know what amount of money would make me go back to it.

Reactions: MitchLL and Moral

8yhgsx.jpg

The problem is college kids know how the Governor's office views education.

Another reason college grads are fleeing this State.
the bigger towns in Iowa are doing fine. There is no saving rural Iowa. Farms are huge and you don’t need 4 kids to help work it.

Unless a small town is near a big city and does the things needed to make it a bedroom commuter town they likely are doomed.

A few smaller towns do ok because of industry but theory are on plant closure from becoming shit.

the bigger towns in Iowa are doing fine. There is no saving rural Iowa. Farms are huge and you don’t need 4 kids to help work it.

Unless a small town is near a big city and does the things needed to make it a bedroom commuter town they likely are doomed.

A few smaller towns do ok because of industry but theory are on plant closure from becoming shit.
There is a story on the KCCI website explaining the problems Urbandale schools are experiencing filling positions.
The shortage in NOT unique to just rural schools.
It's a statewide problem and you can lay it at the feet of Kim Reynolds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT