ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Serial Killer?

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
SIAP

A sheriff in western Iowa says local, state and federal authorities are “actively investigating” in a rural area where a woman claimed her late father disposed of dozens of bodies of people he killed decades ago.

“We are actively investigating this, and who wouldn’t?” Fremont County Sheriff Kevin Aistrope told CNN Affiliate KETV.

“We have a scene, but we don’t know whether it’s a crime scene,” the sheriff told KETV. “We don’t have victims, bodies. Nothing.”

I’m going with the sister is nuts. 50 to 70 people? Story is just not believable at this point.

Reactions: cigaretteman
One daughter says yes, other daughter says sister is a whack nut. Cadaver dogs supposedly alerted but who knows why.
Original article in cigaretteman's post says the cadaver dogs independently barked/signaled for decomposing humans at the same spots the woman indicated. Could be some really terrible stuff that happened there...

One daughter says yes, other daughter says sister is a whack nut. Cadaver dogs supposedly alerted but who knows why.
Cadaver dog alerted on the buried Mercedes, too. Kind of makes a person wonder how accurate drug dogs are.

Not long after 9/11, a brown paper bag was found in a rest room in the New Orleans airport. Security watched it for awhile, then brought in an explosives detecting dog, and the dog alerted on it. So they brought in a robot, and the robot took the bag out on the tarmac away from the terminal. They blasted it with water. Turned out it was some gumbo that a passenger left by mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: kwik44
They have a site and location yet have found no bodies. I think tells you all you need to know in this case. If you have one sister disputing the other saying the accuser is just crazy, and there is nothing to back up her story . . . well I would say she is just crazy.
The crazy sister has said that the bodies are at the bottom of a 100 foot deep well that's been filled in. They are apparently going to do some coring there to see if any bones turn up before excavating in the area, which they have estimated might cost $300,000.

Died by pepsi

Not a Pepsi, imo. No reasonable person would rule this a Pepsi with an original thread title as ambiguous as that.

The crazy sister has said that the bodies are at the bottom of a 100 foot deep well that's been filled in. They are apparently going to do some coring there to see if any bones turn up before excavating in the area, which they have estimated might cost $300,000.
Maybe I should read the article first :) didn't realize dogs had indicated there were remains.

Cadaver dog alerted on the buried Mercedes, too. Kind of makes a person wonder how accurate drug dogs are.

Not long after 9/11, a brown paper bag was found in a rest room in the New Orleans airport. Security watched it for awhile, then brought in an explosives detecting dog, and the dog alerted on it. So they brought in a robot, and the robot took the bag out on the tarmac away from the terminal. They blasted it with water. Turned out it was some gumbo that a passenger left by mistake.

I don't think they're as well-trained as you would expect them to be. When I worked in a building that had its own police force with bomb-sniffing dogs working the perimeter, the dog always came up to me in the hallway because it knew i had a milkbone in my pocket for it. When it was on our floor, it came to my desk and focused on my drawer until the police would open it and I'd take the box of milkbones out. My rationale was that the dog would save me in the event the police force couldn't

I don't think they're as well-trained as you would expect them to be. When I worked in a building that had its own police force with bomb-sniffing dogs working the perimeter, the dog always came up to me in the hallway because it knew i had a milkbone in my pocket for it. When it was on our floor, it came to my desk and focused on my drawer until the police would open it and I'd take the box of milkbones out. My rationale was that the dog would save me in the event the police force couldn't
That's funny. Drug dealers should carry around milkbones.

Article said he targeted sex workers in the Omaha area, decades ago. I could see people in the flesh trade who were already off the grid not being noticed when they disappeared altogether.

Indeed. Preying on prostitutes and/or runaways is how Gary Ridgeway got away with dozens of murders over two decades. He may have killed as many as a hundred.

Article said he targeted sex workers in the Omaha area, decades ago. I could see people in the flesh trade who were already off the grid not being noticed when

Indeed. Preying on prostitutes and/or runaways is how Gary Ridgeway got away with dozens of murders over two decades. He may have killed as many as a hundred.
Were pimps not a thing back then?

I feel that something happened but not 50-70 ppl. Maybe 5-10?

With what's been put out there this person isn't all there and is likely embellishing the truth for whatever reason (Netflix deal?!?!!!).

Reactions: 2bagger22

With what's been put out there this person isn't all there and is likely embellishing the truth for whatever reason (Netflix deal?!?!!!).
I’d have a hard time seeing it get that far even with 50-70 people murdered. Unless there is a diary that shows up. All the serial killers on Netflix were alive and had conversations taped. This one would be pretty difficult, IMO.

Edit to add that 50-70 over a couple decades isn’t that crazy. 2-3 a year over 20 years isn’t that far fetched.

If this happened over the course of three decades that is "only" about 2 deaths per year. I could see that not appearing on the radar of law enforcement or the community in general if those sex workers came from other areas, and were confined/concentrated in certain areas most people did not frequent. And it's not like a pimp is going to the police to tell them one of his hookers is missing.

Just happened to stop at a gas station and they had the DMR on a table. The headline of a section of it was about this and evidently they are starting the dig in case anyone was interested.

Just happened to stop at a gas station and they had the DMR on a table. The headline of a section of it was about this and evidently they are starting the dig in case anyone was interested.

Oh, I’m very interested. Good article linked top of page 3 from Newsweek with updates.

ADVERTISEMENT