ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa site posters vs other site posters

Mike Zierath

Family, football and fishing.....
Jun 3, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
Guys, I'm about to make a blanket statement that applies to more of you than you think:

Get over yourself.

Grow a pair.

Quit being so thin skinned and wasting my time monitoring these boards.

I have realized that the Iowa wrestling community, of late, has a group of folks who just can't accept constructive criticism. Fans from other sites come here to have meaningful conversation with a group of knowledgeable wrestling fans. As soon as one of them says ANYTHING that is construed as derogatory, they are reported as "Trolls" or "Unnecessary" or "Ban this fool". Really?

As I read the posts, many of the reports we get actually are against posters that are saying factual things. Yes, their program (PSU) is on top of the wrestling world. Iowa used to be. And as I recall, Iowa fans used to spew their superiority just like we are seeing from some of the others that come here. But, that isn't a reason to edit posts or ban posters.

The Mark Perry thread is a really, really good example. I have had multiple (10) requests in that thread to ban a specific poster and edit content. I did edit the content. The others were rejected.

The facts are the facts. If you can't identify those, accept those, and live with it until Iowa becomes a National Champion again, and they will, then you had better be prepared to handle a little backhanded (or in your face) comment or two now and then. It comes with the territory.

The monitors will continue to aggressively respond to your requests. We will take any action necessary that violates board policy and rules. But we aren't going to just willy nilly do things at the request of someone who's feelings have been hurt over a comment that is the opinion of another that doesn't appear to be out of line at all.

Now, boys from other sites, if you can play within the rules, you are fine to continue posting here. If you can't, then you will be dealt with individually.

Anyone who has a problem with this, you can PM me or Tom and we will gladly address it with you individually.

Mike Zierath

Pencils-294x300.jpeg

I see both sides. Are a few Iowa posters too uptight sometimes? Absolutely. I suggest ignoring the troll comments and focus on how great this board is 99% of the time. Do some PSU posters troll and dig a little too much sometimes? Absolutely, but that just shows their immaturity and makes PSU look bad. That doesn't reflect poorly on you or your board at all. The positive 'outsiders' bring more to this board than the trolls take away from it. People like me and MSU and Cowboy61 and Diceman and LLGR, etc come here for great discussion. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Guys, I'm about to make a blanket statement that applies to more of you than you think:

Get over yourself.

Grow a pair.

I have realized that the Iowa wrestling community, of late, has a group of folks who just can't accept constructive criticism. Fans from other sites come here to have meaningful conversation with a group of knowledgeable wrestling fans. As soon as one of them says ANYTHING that is construed as derogatory, they are reported as "Trolls" or "Unnecessary" or "Ban this fool". Really?

As I read the posts, many of the reports we get actually are against posters that are saying factual things. Yes, their program (PSU) is on top of the wrestling world. Iowa used to be. And as I recall, Iowa fans used to spew their superiority just like we are seeing from some of the others that come here. But, that isn't a reason to edit posts or ban posters.

The Mark Perry thread is a really, really good example. I have had multiple (10) requests in that thread to ban a specific poster and edit content. I did edit the content. The others were rejected.

The facts are the facts. If you can't identify those, accept those, and live with it until Iowa becomes a National Champion again, and they will, then you had better be prepared to handle a little backhanded (or in your face) comment or two now and then. It comes with the territory.

The monitors will continue to aggressively respond to your requests. We will take any action necessary that violates board policy and rules. But we aren't going to just willy nilly do things at the request of someone who's feelings have been hurt over a comment that is the opinion of another that doesn't appear to be out of line at all.

Now, boys from other sites, if you can play within the rules, you are fine to continue posting here. If you can't, then you will be dealt with individually.

Anyone who has a problem with this, you can PM me or Tom and we will gladly address it with you individually.

Mike Zierath
I, for one, accept our Moderator Overlords and am at the ready to round up trolls of any stripe

I see both sides. Are a few Iowa posters too uptight sometimes? Absolutely. I suggest ignoring the troll comments and focus on how great this board is 99% of the time. Do some PSU posters troll and dig a little too much sometimes? Absolutely, but that just shows their immaturity and makes PSU look bad. That doesn't reflect poorly on you or your board at all. The positive 'outsiders' bring more to this board than the trolls take away from it. People like me and MSU and Cowboy61 and Diceman and LLGR, etc come here for great discussion. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Especially Togs and his 300 pound wife . . .

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
OBTW, you would never see this type of thread from a moderator on BWI. Too many F*** U posters are ridiculously thin skinned and self righteous, and the moderators are trigger ban happy.

Also, there's more than one reason so many of the F*** U crowd post on this site. Some are idiots, and some genuinely want to discuss wrestling related topics on the best wrestling board in the universe.

Two things wrong with this idea:
1.) We're Iowa fans and we are used to acting like we've been there before, we're not good trolls
2.) Their mods would ban us all instantly the first time someone referred to their coach as Carl.
You are probably correct about #2. Maybe we need to recruit a hacker instead. That could be lots of f***. Think of all the possibilities on thread topics and stealing online identities.

Reactions: championhawk
So it's okay for people to get banned multiple times and come back with a different screen name and intentionally try to start arguments? Not everything he says is false, but he's only saying it to try and get a rise out of people. He has lost his privilege to post on this board, and he should be banned no matter what he posts

Get over yourself.

Grow a pair.

Mike Zierath
Thank you.

I come to this board only occasionally, more so during the season. Encouraging to hear an attempt to foster open, candid, honest, and understandably biased - for or against our beloved Hawkeyes - fan discussion. I hope it works, and spreads!

I am secure enough in my support of the UofI to withstand fans from PSU, O$U, and others offering their "fair" posts. As long as they can take what they dish!

So it's okay for people to get banned multiple times and come back with a different screen name and intentionally try to start arguments? Not everything he says is false, but he's only saying it to try and get a rise out of people. He has lost his privilege to post on this board, and he should be banned no matter what he posts
You do understand I should have never been banned in the first place right? The reason I lost privileges here was because I posted ideas and opinions many of you didn't agree with and you cried to the mods to get rid of me. Never have I broken any rules....

That being said, I'm dismissing myself from your "safe space". I've been waiting two years to hear just one of you admit and call out your own for being soft. Now that your "top dog" has done that, I will be leaving for good. You can thank Mike for being brutally honest, showing tough love and telling it like it is.

These are the facets of your job man.

Babysitting thin skinned fans? Dude.....you have no idea!

The point of this is that Iowa fans should be bigger than what they've been lately. Quit being babies! Cause honestly, that's what they've been!

If it applies to you, find a way for it not to. If not, drive on!

Mike

You do understand I should have never been banned in the first place right? The reason I lost privileges here was because I posted ideas and opinions many of you didn't agree with and you cried to the mods to get rid of me. Never have I broken any rules....

That being said, I'm dismissing myself from your "safe space". I've been waiting two years to hear just one of you admit and call out your own for being soft. Now that your "top dog" has done that, I will be leaving for good. You can thank Mike for being brutally honest, showing tough love and telling it like it is.
Well, goodbye then.

No doubt we have our share of thin skinned idiots but PSU fans hijacking nearly every decent thread because someone dared mention PSU without calling their program infallible and the greatest of all time has gotten beyond sickening.

Noted and some have been fairly dealt with.

Mike

I agree that you shouldn't have been banned the first time. I even posted as much. You have more than earned it since then. All you do is troll and try to start fires by making arrogant posts

OBTW, you would never see this type of thread from a moderator on BWI. Too many F*** U posters are ridiculously thin skinned and self righteous, and the moderators are trigger ban happy.

Also, there's more than one reason so many of the F*** U crowd post on this site. Some are idiots, and some genuinely want to discuss wrestling related topics on the best wrestling board in the universe.

It's not our style to be trigger happy. I don't mind pulling the trigger and placing one right between the eyeballs...

I'm a really good shot!

Mike

Nope, not okay....

Don't feed him. He will get the hammer if he deserves it again

Mike

BWI and the likes are going to eat this thread up. Not a good look

Sure hope you're wrong about this Turk. As a PSU fan I come here with all the respect for the Hawkeyes and their program and fan base. I mostly lurk and occasionally post positives about your team. The Hawkeye fans I've met are very knowledgeable about the sport as a whole and very friendly people. They're passionate. As PSU fans we should not be "eating this up" and if any of us are, please don't lump all of us into that group of childish Internet posters. Thanks.

I understand, but it's your job. We all do stuff we don't like. I didn't report anyone, nor will I ever. Sorry you had to do some work on the wrestling board.

Edit: i do like your stuff mike, just being critical.

Sure hope you're wrong about this Turk. As a PSU fan I come here with all the respect for the Hawkeyes and their program and fan base. I mostly lurk and occasionally post positives about your team. The Hawkeye fans I've met are very knowledgeable about the sport as a whole and very friendly people. They're passionate. As PSU fans we should not be "eating this up" and if any of us are, please don't lump all of us into that group of childish Internet posters. Thanks.
Well there is already a thread on BWI about this thread. One can only imagine what direction it will go by the end of the day. Not a good look at all

Last edited:
The point of this is that Iowa fans should be bigger than what they've been lately.

Well there is already a thread on BWI about this thread. One can only imagine what direction it will go by the end of the day. Not a good look at all
Why do you care so much Turk? Don't you think most of BWI can see past his blue and white sweater to what he really is when he posts that stuff? Oh sure, he'll draw out the other juvenile posters, but then you'll know who they are to put on ignore. People who need to do that stuff on the internet probably don't have a happy and fulfilling life, and just thinking about that has allowed me to walk away from a flame post with my dignity intact.

I've never reported anyone and don't plan on doing so and I'm not a fan of the ignore button but may need to use it. I understand Mike's thoughts but this place (especially right after nationals) has been flooded with PSU trolls, not just people expressing their opinions. I generally don't respond to them but it clutters up the joint. There are some good PSU posters that post here too (you know who you are.)

Your mom gave it to me. Asked me to do her (another) favor…….;)
you do realize that is Tognetti's little sister, right?

And because of that, my mom has been trying for years to get rid of her. But, I didn't know she was advertising singlets on craigslist, which is how her picture got to CMT. He should never have followed Spyker's advice!

I understand, but it's your job. We all do stuff we don't like. I didn't report anyone, nor will I ever. Sorry you had to do some work on the wrestling board.

Edit: i do like your stuff mike, just being critical.

Thanks.

If you could see the ridiculous stuff that gets reported on a daily basis, you might think otherwise.

Mike

Reactions: el dub
Thanks.

If you could see the ridiculous stuff that gets reported on a daily basis, you might think otherwise.

Mike

Thought about reporting this post (would have been my first report ever), but wasn't sure if you'd find humor in it or not :). Maybe I'll see if I can report my own post sometime

Guess I am missing something. You insult the customers that visit this forum for being thin skinned and not having a pair. Then proceed to tell us as one moderators you are wasting your time monitoring this board.

Must be nice to tell everyone you don't want to do your job.

No offense intended of course....

ADVERTISEMENT