HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
huge game tonight....

state bragging rights​
ranked team at home​
Cyhawk trophy on the line​
Fran still seeking win #500​

7pm of FS1 and shockingly Iowa is a 5 pt favorite and over/Under is 140.5, my prediction: Clones get the win 74-67 in a grind out style game.

Reactions: Ree4
huge game tonight....

state bragging rights​
ranked team at home​
Cyhawk trophy on the line​
Fran still seeking win #500​

7pm of FS1 and shockingly Iowa is a 5 pt favorite and over/Under is 140.5, my prediction: Clones get the win 74-67 in a grind out style game.
It's a huge game. Although it seems now that both teams are pretty sure to make the NCAA tournament, a lot can happen to make that less likely.

The Cy-Hawk trophy is technically on the line, but realistically probably not. ISU just needs to win one more sport to clinch it.

I expect ISU to get into foul trouble and somebody from Iowa to go wacko from beyond the arc. And if the ISU men shoot like the women did last night, it will not be pretty.

Hope Iowa is more on target tonight.

3 Point shooting in Iowa's last 3 losses:

21% (6-29) vs Richmond
18% (3-17) vs TCU
19% (3-16) vs Duke
19% (12-62) Overall

• Sad
Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Hope Iowa is more on target tonight.

3 Point shooting in Iowa's last 3 losses:

21% (6-29) vs Richmond
18% (3-17) vs TCU
19% (3-16) vs Duke
19% (12-62) Overall
I'm going on record as saying those percentages are not very good.

Reactions: Franisdaman
I hope Kris plays and that it's a good game. I'm always extremely skeptical anything like that is legit, not doubting any insiders but there are always rumors about this game football or basketball.

I'll be very curious to see how the game is officiated. I don't mean that as a shot at officials, they could call it tight or they could call it loose. Tight helps Iowa, loose helps ISU, and IMO that's going to dictate a lot of the action.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Before last year Fran had a nice little run going VS ISU. Just like football, few things kill fan morale than losing to those hayseeds to the west. Need to find a way. Start Dasonte

Reactions: dekhawk
Too bad Kris is hurt, would like both teams at full strength. I don't get why Fran doesn't start Bowen, he looks really good. I get he is a freshman and Fran seems to not like to give freshman a lot of time, but Perkins although much improved doesn't seem to have the point abilities Bowen does, and Bowen offense is better than Ulis to me. Bowen has a sweet game, just needs to put on a little muscle. I have no confidence ISU wins, they will play good defense, but you also have to score. Maybe one of our guys can shoot tonight, I would not wager a lot of money on it. Anyway Good Luck, I hope it is a good game, well not really, I hope we win easily because I am old and nothing makes me swear at the TV like ISU basketball. But good luck anyway!

Reactions: 1911_Bandit

still hoping for a Willis Reed moment ;)

jjaINJ.gif

First to [53] wins?

Kris's length on defense and the glass will be missed as much as anything. Going to take a massive team effort for the Hawks to have a chance.

We will miss Kris tonight but hopefully he is back to help beat those damn Badgers! Bench should get some extra mins and experience tonight before conference slog. Go Hawks!

Reactions: HawkBall23
I too think Payton starts - along w/ Ulis, Perkins, PMac, Filip. This might be just the boost to get Payton going.

Maybe he can relax and really get going as he'll get a lot of PT tonight. Let's see what Dix can do with extra minutes. Need to have CMac and PMac come up big tonight too.

I don't like our chances tonight but we could come up with a nice W given a big rivalry game at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT