ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State and Louisiana cleared to play

Have to assume ISU will show up to play. Last time I heard they were a double-digit favorite was last year against OSU and Matty stopped running and put it into Messiah Purdy’s hands and 3 INT’s later in the 4th quarter including a pick 6 they lost. I have to guess Purdy is better than picking up fumbles to beat UNI and may show up. Then again, they aren’t playing Iowa the only game they care about so who knows.

Hope ISU gets handled but predict at least a 2 touchdown win.

The most crucial group for ISU is their OL. Will they be able be be at least average? Lots of new faces up front.

Some ISU fans will say they didn't lose to the Hawkeyes in 2020. If they have a decent season, they will then say they would have beaten the Hawks. At least it will give us something to debate that's actually about football.

Some ISU fans will say they didn't lose to the Hawkeyes in 2020. If they have a decent season, they will then say they would have beaten the Hawks. At least it will give us something to debate that's actually about football.
ISU should beat Iowa every year according to ISU fans. The debate will be the same thing.

This is from the ESPN preview article, which looks like it was pulled from a wire service:

“Campbell has a veteran crew back from a 7-6 team that very easily could have been a 10-game winner in 2019 with three of the losses (Iowa, Baylor, Oklahoma) coming by a combined four points.”

I’ve been seeing quite a few national pundits cite this stat as justification for ISU being a dark horse. I did a dive into those 3 games to see if they were as close as the scores suggest.

1. Iowa 18-17
Verdict: Absolutely yes. Game was a total coin flip.

2. Baylor 23-21
Verdict: Nope. Baylor led 20-0 to start the 4th and had a 95.5% chance to win. ISU has no business making that a game.

3. Oklahoma 42-41
Verdict: Nope. Oklahoma had a 90% chance to win the entire game until the final minute.

Two of the three games Iowa State “easily could have won” should never have been close. Then add in the fact they were the fortunate beneficiary in coin flip games to beat UNI, Texas and Kansas, and the Clone hype is a bit strong IMO.

We plan to watch this game and, oddly, cheer for the Clowns... but, if any of those assholes take a knee during the national anthem.... then that's it, game over for me

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
Hope the Cyclones spank that team to kick off the college football season.
Hope ISU gets handled but predict at least a 2 touchdown win.

Due respect, you know that ISU has the "facilities," coaching, money, etc. etc. to make this a THEORETICAL big win, right ?

Problem is...... this is a Louisiana team. AT WORST, they've got the athletes the would have been 2nd Stringers of UF, LSU, etc.

Sure, Iowa State MIGHT win by double digits simply because they're Big XII........but I'd pay CLOSE attention to the spread if I were you guys.

Any more than 10, bet the Louisiana team. THEN refer to this post later on. 😄

Have no fear. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I mean.... can't lie - i'm looking forward to watching this Iowa State v Louisiana game. College football!

Even if my wife wasn't an ISU alum i'd still have the game on the t.v. from start to finish.

You can mark that down in ink. If they win today, it will start before the 4th quarter is over. I'll take it one further....they'll move on to how weak the B1G is and this only proves it. (don't ask me to explain the logic, there won't be any).

They won't need a decent season to claim that.

Fun fact: Iowa State is undefeated in hypothetical games against Iowa. Undefeated.

Reactions: SoMplsHawkI
So what excuses will Iowa State fans have if they lose today?

Covid? Face masks? Weather? The field? The possibilities are endless.

Boy, did they get lucky avoiding their sixth year in a row of ass kicking from Iowa today.

I think ISU wins big. But did I see Matty is 26-25 at ISU? I know it is a shit program and the Big 12 sucks and he gets 2 wins a year OOC besides Iowa and Chizek got a prime SEC job after winning 5 games in 2 years at ISU but to say he is some great coach is beyond dumb. Hell PJ had a better year last year alone than ISU has had in history. ISU is a never was and never will he.

Heck, listening to the hype on Purdy, all he needs is a center to snap the ball to him. Then he can either run for a touchdown or throw a long ball to himself and kick the extra point.

Happy to oblige, pal.

The Giants and Padres, they're baseball teams, had their game postponed last night by a positive virus test, FYI.

And it's being reported today that, "As of early September, the United States accounted for 4 percent of the world’s population but 23 percent of all coronavirus cases and 21 percent of deaths — a toll closing in on 200,000 and forecast to worsen significantly."

Not to mention that it continues to be true that no one knows what the long-term health impact will be on those young people who contract the virus, but it's clear that even in healthy 20-year-olds, it can affect the heart, lungs, kidneys and other major organs and systems.

So enjoy your football game and your "crock of sh**" president, but please pardon my use of your presidential vocabulary.
There you go, let that anger out!!! Feels good for a few minutes, then back to your living hell. Carry on...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT