ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

So what you are saying on Twitter, is that this is only 11 PPG, so it's not really a loss. However, all 3 of these guys could have been playing good minutes on next years team. With the losses of Tyrese, Jacobsen, and Nixon as well, you're losing 6 of your top 10 players on a 20 loss team. How the hell do you stay so positive? Do you not calculate in that each of those 3 players could have had improvement in the off-season and contributed. I mean, I'd understand the argument if all 5 starters were coming back, so none of those guys would see increased minutes, but man, you are wearing some serious Cardinal and Gold's my friend.

Johnson looks like an average Transfer.
Your recruiting class does look good, assuming Dudley sticks with it. However, you guys are going to be bad next year, another under .500 season. Over your last 3 recruiting classes, you'll have 2 guys left on next years team? You think ISU sticks with Prohm? At this point, do the guys coming in even stay for longer than a year? The turnover rate, for whatever reason, has to be alarming.

Not to mention the 2 guys that left in the fall before even suiting up for a game with ISU.

That would make it 8, assuming Haliburton leaves and no more transfers, scholarship players that left ISU since October of 2019.

Not to mention the 2 guys that left in the fall before even suiting up for a game with ISU.

That would make it 8, assuming Haliburton leaves and no more transfers, scholarship players that left ISU since October of 2019.
Man, I couldn't imagine the chaos that would going on if this was Iowa.

So what you are saying on Twitter, is that this is only 11 PPG, so it's not really a loss. However, all 3 of these guys could have been playing good minutes on next years team, and half the guys you have returning are averaging that same total per game. With the losses of Tyrese, Jacobsen, and Nixon as well, you're losing 6 of your top 10 players on a 20 loss team. How the hell do you stay so positive? Do you not calculate in that each of those 3 players could have had improvement in the off-season and contributed. I mean, I'd understand the argument if all 5 starters were coming back, so none of those guys would see increased minutes, but man, you are wearing some serious Cardinal and Gold's my friend.

Johnson looks like an average Transfer.
Your recruiting class does look good, assuming Dudley sticks with it. However, you guys are going to be bad next year, another under .500 season. Over your last 3 recruiting classes, you'll have 2 guys left on next years team? You think ISU sticks with Prohm? At this point, do the guys coming in even stay for longer than a year? The turnover rate, for whatever reason, has to be alarming.
Griffin, and Lewis were not gonna see the floor much next season. They were recruited over in the last 2 classes. They had alot of off the court stuff that didn't help their cause much. Lewis is a damn good shooter but his defense was horrible. Zion was a recruiting miss for sure.

From CF:

Leaving:
Nixon (Senior)
Jacobson (Senior)
Haliburton (NBA)
Griffin (transfer)
Grill (transfer)
Lewis( transfer)

Returning:
Young (Sr)
Bolton (Jr)
Jackson (Soph)
Conditt (Jr)
Johnson (Jr)

So besides Haliburton ISU loses their worst players - returns their best players and that is bad for them, how?

So besides Haliburton ISU loses their worst players - returns their best players and that is bad for them, how?

If you think this is good for your Clones then have at it.

You are literally turning over 8 scholarship players in 6 months if Haliburton declares and nobody else transfers or a recruit doesnt make it to campus.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Griffin, and Lewis were not gonna see the floor much next season. They were recruited over in the last 2 classes. They had alot of off the court stuff that didn't help their cause much. Lewis is a damn good shooter but his defense was horrible. Zion was a recruiting miss for sure.
I'm intrigued. Had they stayed, who was gonna play over Lewis? Didn't he play the 3 position? Last years recruiting class includes only Jackson(PG) at this point. This incoming class includes a PF, C, PG and SG. Are you implying Dubar would just come in and take over all of Lewis's minutes? I mean in college Bball, isn't every recruiting class, technically "recruiting over"? Football I get when you have 80 some schollys, but bball? Finally, Lewis's PER was higher than both Conditt and Jackson during conference play, how is this not a loss? Griffin and Grill wouldn't be losses normally, but on a team with 20 losses and struggling to have warm bodies, seems any loss is a big loss at this point.

I'm intrigued. Had they stayed, who was gonna play over Lewis? Didn't he play the 3 position? Last years recruiting class includes only Jackson(PG) at this point. This incoming class includes a PF, C, PG and SG. Are you implying Dubar would just come in and take over all of Lewis's minutes? I mean in college Bball, isn't every recruiting class, technically "recruiting over"? Football I get when you have 80 some schollys, but bball? Finally, Lewis's PER was higher than both Conditt and Jackson during conference play, how is this not a loss? Griffin and Grill wouldn't be losses normally, but on a team with 20 losses and struggling to have warm bodies, seems any loss is a big loss at this point.
Bolton, Jackson, and Grill likely would have started. Prohm was already playing Grill over both Lewis and Griffin including starting Grill the last few games of the season after Bolton and Haliburton were sidelined. But yes I do believe Dubar, and Blackwell were both going to play over Lewis.

Bolton, Jackson, and Grill likely would have started. Prohm was already playing Grill over both Lewis and Griffin including starting Grill the last few games of the season after Bolton and Haliburton were sidelined. But yes I do believe Dubar, and Blackwell were both going to play over Lewis.

Hopefully the kid from Santa Clara can make it out for a visit and Prohm gets him.

If you think this is good for your Clones then have at it.

Ok so you don't have any valid points to make, just spewing BS per usual. Explain to me how losing the following is bad for ISU:

Zion Griffin - 3ppg
Caleb Grill - 2ppg
Terrence Lewis - 6ppg

I'll hang up and listen, thanks.

Reactions: Hayes_30
Ok so you don't have any valid points to make, just spewing BS per usual. Explain to me how losing the following is bad for ISU:

Zion Griffin - 3ppg
Caleb Grill - 2ppg
Terrence Lewis - 6ppg

Because your roster right now that has played minutes for a P6 team is:

Jackson 4 PPG
Conditt
Young
Bolton

Conditt completely flopped the last half of the season and failed to reach double figures in points the last 19 games of the season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/george-condittiv-1/gamelog/2020

Jackson was terrible pretty much all year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tre-jackson-1/gamelog/2020

Young put up good numbers against bad opponents.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/solomon-young-1/gamelog/2020

Bolton put up a lot of points but shot it a ton and had a lot of turnovers.

You are discounting the guys that left that scored between 2 and 6 PPG but for some reason are excited when half of your returners (Jackson and Conditt) scored between 4 and 7 PPG. That is Pollard level spin there.

Well considering on top of 2 seniors, 1 going pro to lose 3 others, 2 of whom were underclassman, is not good. There is a thing called depth and it took a big hit. To lose 3 guys in one week is never a good thing even if they were all role players off the bench. Isu returns 4 guys who played meaningful minutes next year with one transfer. If you are expecting your depth to be any transfers you can scrounge up and a bunch of freshman who never played a meaningful minute on a squad that lost 20 games that’s not a good recipe going into the 20-20’ season.

In last 6 months they have had 5 guys transfer out of the program...

Last edited:

Zion Griffin - 3ppg
Caleb Grill - 2ppg
Terrence Lewis - 6ppg

We'll explain that right after you explain why you took the user name "Iafootballfan" when you are obviously a Clown.

The biggest problem here besides the pathetic attrition is that Sad Sack Steve is a lame duck next year. A one-year grad transfer might not be overly bothered by that, but his long-term crapola record with keeping freshman recruits is not gonna appeal to anyone going forward.
That's a shitshow in Ames and everybody I know over there with an attached brain stem knows it, too.

Last edited:
I was just going off the SI Article. More hope than anything on my part I guess.

I don't think he comes to Iowa but why would you have any hope? Coach headed to the hot seat and a team with 4 guys that have played games on a P6 team doesn't seem to be an ideal landing spot.

I was just going off the SI Article. More hope than anything on my part I guess.
Fair. You guys will have a ton of room for PT at least. I will say, those teams (Drake and ISU) seem really odd for him. There was a 247 article that had other teams listed that made way more sense.

Fair. You guys will have a ton of room for PT at least. I will say, those teams (Drake and ISU) seem really odd for him. There was a 247 article that had other teams listed that made way more sense.
I like Prohms history with getting PG's to the NBA, and how invested he gets in trying to help players as much as he can in their personal lives outside of basketball. I think both those things would benefit Carton. We will see I'm excited about the possibility of him being at Iowa State. Just not gonna get my hopes up to much for the reasons you have said.

I'm curious what will constitute a improvement at ISU for next year?

<20 losses?

There are some optimistic posters on CF that think they could get back to the bubble next season.

My opinion on ISU basketball is if they want to be optimistic then they should hope for next season to be cancelled.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
TCool - wait they are now a football school. I mean they have never been ranked at the year end under Matty and went 7-6 while playing (actually getting humiliated by a team that didn’t want to be there) in the Camping World Bowl last year. But they are a football school. So sad. I think Iowa is 17-3 against them in the last 5 years in sports (except cross country) and this year finished top 15 in football, top 25 with both basketball teams and 1 in wrestling. ISU should really stick to UNI as a rival and let the big boys play.

ISU reloading...

65381-250x188-Dog_poop_scooper.jpg

Holy God are ISU trolls struggling. They are trolling Garza for being a 1st team AA but losing to Toppin for player of the year (go Dayton Cyclones); trolling Spencer Lee for ducking as he won the Hodge by the widest margin ever; and trolling AJ Epenensa cause he may not go first round in the draft (although he probably will and with Wirfs for sure going back to back years with 2 first rounders and ISU hasn’t had a single one since like 1973). JFC is the “bear” struggling now. 3-17 in the last five years against big brother and trolling Iowa athletes who accomplished more than Clones like ever. I would assume Twins is on suicide watch.

Holy God are ISU trolls struggling. They are trolling Garza for being a 1st team AA but losing to Toppin for player of the year (go Dayton Cyclones); trolling Spencer Lee for ducking as he won the Hodge by the widest margin ever; and trolling AJ Epenensa cause he may not go first round in the draft (although he probably will and with Wirfs for sure going back to back years with 2 first rounders and ISU hasn’t had a single one since like 1973). JFC is the “bear” struggling now. 3-17 in the last five years against big brother and trolling Iowa athletes who accomplished more than Clones like ever. I would assume Twins is on suicide watch.

Would be nice if you and Twins were both on that watch and the guards fell asleep.

I thought u were banned. Whatever. Nothing like having an intellectually challenged Clone fan who thrives on me and my Mom committing suicide and follows all my posts. Are you going threaten me again? Good to see you back Legend in your own mind. This is a Hawkeye board. And nobody wants you here. And you are a POS troll. Have a good day and my first ignore. Oh and will keep posting about the “bear.” Loser you are (that is Yoda speak if you didn’t get it).

I thought u were banned. Whatever. Nothing like having an intellectually challenged Clone fan who thrives on me and my Mom committing suicide and follows all my posts. Are you going threaten me again? Good to see you back Legend in your own mind. This is a Hawkeye board. And nobody wants you here. And you are a POS troll. Have a good day and my first ignore. Oh and will keep posting about the “bear.” Loser you are (that is Yoda speak if you didn’t get it).

Why would I be banned?

Your obsession with ISU and Twins (or whatever his name on here is these days) is funny and scary all at the same time.

I post here because this is where Hawkeye fans like myself post.

Why would I be banned?

Your obsession with ISU and Twins (or whatever his name on here is these days) is funny and scary all at the same time.

I post here because this is where Hawkeye fans like myself post.

Perhaps wishing someone would be on suicide watch and the guards fell asleep? That could be grounds for banishment.

CID - don’t forget last week when he said my Mom committed suicide even though she died of cancer and multiple posters here saw her in the hospital then and while in hospice for 2 weeks (suicide doesn’t have hospice last I knew) and went to her funeral. So that is who he is. How he isn’t banned is insane. Rip me all you want but my Mom who died of cancer at 59 in front of me and the family after suffering?! Sick person.

CID - don’t forget last week when he said my Mom committed suicide even though she died of cancer and multiple posters here saw her in the hospital then and while in hospice for 2 weeks (suicide doesn’t have hospice last I knew) and went to her funeral. So that is who he is. How he isn’t banned is insane. Rip me all you want but my Mom who died of cancer at 59 in front of me and the family after suffering?! Sick person.
Maybe you guys should ignore each other, and both move on.

Reactions: iafan44 and TCOOL
I guess it depends on your definition of hit. Shayok and Jacobson were very good. Beverley was a starter on a poor team. Bowie contributed on a good team. Brase got hurt again. Holden and Talley did not do much. Kasongo was a dumb decision. I think Nixon will be a heavy contributor. I would say currently a 50 percent clip of contributors and heading up. The competition for transfers is much different than under Hoiberg as I think you will see watching Fred's transfers now vs his ones at ISU.
Oh man, now let's do the numbers, LOL.
Shayok hit
Jacobsen hit, i guess. Although he'd be a bench player at most schools.
Beverly miss
Bowie miss
Brase miss
Holden miss
Talley miss
Kasongo miss
Nixon miss

22% counting Jacobsen, lol.

Man the first couple pages of this are classic. Just classic.

Reactions: TCOOL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT