ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

That have gotten better now that the basketball season has ended and we can go back to the ‘iSU 2-12 is better than Iowa mindset.
it is as predictable as the swallows returning to Capistrano, Nebraska winning the off season and the sun rising in the east
No man Iowa State was garbage. There will be a long rebuild not gonna lie. The player of the year voting was me messing with a buddy. Garza was by far the best player in the Country and should have won it the Season before too.

There’s some posters with serious mental health issues in this thread. This thing should be locked.

I tell you what if you are really this bothered you should check out cryclown fanatic and then post the same over there.
What will your handle be there?

Last edited:
The return of Grill to ISU should tell fans all they need to know about the status of MBB in Ames.

Clone fans said it was "no big loss" when he left. Now... he's an important part of the rebuild.

Between the Gophers and the Clones... Iowa is blessed to have two train wreck programs so close.

@Hayes_30 did that? No way. He just told us it is just sports and he's over it and has way more important things in his life.
Also...Hayes_30 will not comment on his ridiculous statement earlier saying clones had better players 2-12.

The fact that Hayes_30 is on multiple sites spewing this shit everyday and than attempts to make posters feel sorry for him because he's had a rough year is laughable.

FYI Hayes_30....we've all had a rough year so I'm not falling for a meh response to a 2-22 season, when u thought clones had a better 2-12 lineup. YIKES!

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
The return of Grill to ISU should tell fans all they need to know about the status of MBB in Ames.

Clone fans said it was "no big loss" when he left. Now... he's an important part of the rebuild.

Between the Gophers and the Clones... Iowa is blessed to have two train wreck programs so close.

I wasn't terribly bummed when he left but I do think there is a good case to be made for Grill. He's an effort guy and clearly loves TJ. I think it's good to get your guys in ASAP when you're a coach to start setting your culture.

It's a total rebuild. You need those guys. I don't think he'll be a starter next year or ever. Honestly I'm pretty happy with how everything has gone since TJ has been hired.

I wasn't terribly bummed when he left but I do think there is a good case to be made for Grill. He's an effort guy and clearly loves TJ. I think it's good to get your guys in ASAP when you're a coach to start setting your culture.

It's a total rebuild. You need those guys. I don't think he'll be a starter next year or ever. Honestly I'm pretty happy with how everything has gone since TJ has been hired.
You have an AD that hired an old drinking buddy and you really think things are headed in the right direction?

Apparently Pollard has put all his eggs in the football basket.

So if TJ lost starters off a 2-22 team and isn’t replacing them with better starters how is isu going to be any better?

Reactions: BBHawk
Also...Hayes_30 will not comment on his ridiculous statement earlier saying clones had better players 2-12.

The fact that Hayes_30 is on multiple sites spewing this shit everyday and than attempts to make posters feel sorry for him because he's had a rough year is laughable.

FYI Hayes_30....we've all had a rough year so I'm not falling for a meh response to a 2-22 season, when u thought clones had a better 2-12 lineup. YIKES!
I actually commented on that post a few times in the same thread and said I was wrong. Also I don't want anyone's petty for my year. But hey my wife almost dies twice so let's keep mocking me for it. Iowa State was trash but watching them did take my mind off what we had going on for a bit.

I actually commented on that post a few times in the same thread and said I was wrong. Also I don't want anyone's petty for my year. But hey my wife almost dies twice so let's keep mocking me for it. Iowa State was trash but watching them did take my mind off what we had going on for a bit.
What's funny is that u contradict everything u say. A couple months back u pulled this stunt off and bunch of posters reached out with prayers and thoughts....the interesting part is u were on other media sites posting crap about Iowa and going on and on about other sport topics. Apparently, it wasn't so concerning that it took u away from other sites, just this one...which is fine by me. You are a fraud

So if TJ lost starters off a 2-22 team and isn’t replacing them with better starters how is isu going to be any better?

I think the sum of the team was worse than the parts last year.

I think Hunter and Kalscheur will be about the same as Bolton and JCL. I think Johnson or Grill will be better than Johnson was last year. I think Hinson will be a big improvement over the rotating group at the 4. Foster IMO will be an improvement over Young.

I think they get better at 3 positions, and my expectations are low for next season. 10-15 wins probably is the ceiling next year. Obviously I could be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
What's funny is that u contradict everything u say. A couple months back u pulled this stunt off and bunch of posters reached out with prayers and thoughts....the interesting part is u were on other media sites posting crap about Iowa and going on and on about other sport topics. Apparently, it wasn't so concerning that it took u away from other sites, just this one...which is fine by me. You are a fraud
I think Hayes just follows the lead and behaves like a tried and true clown fan when on cryclown fanatic and then tries to act rationally when in real life or on other boards.

Just another example of how the isu “culture” invades the minds and actions of those caught up in it.

I think Hunter and Kalscheur will be about the same as Bolton and JCL. I think Johnson or Grill will be better than Johnson was last year. I think Hinson will be a big improvement over the rotating group at the 4. Foster IMO will be an improvement over Young.

I think they get better at 3 positions, and my expectations are low for next season. 10-15 wins probably is the ceiling next year. Obviously I could be wrong.
and do tell me were you the only logical clown fan who saw isu going 2-22 this past season? Any link showing this before game one will cement just how rational you are.

and do tell me were you the only logical clown fan who saw isu going 2-22 this past season? Any link showing this before game one will cement just how rational you are.

I didn't think they would be maybe the worst P5 team in 30 years, no, I didn't see that. I didn't think they'd be good and I consistently argued with Hayes about how ridiculous the "Better 2-12" thing was.

I didn't think they would be maybe the worst P5 team in 30 years, no, I didn't see that. I didn't think they'd be good and I consistently argued with Hayes about how ridiculous the "Better 2-12" thing was.
So you really think isu is going to go from 2 wins to 10-15 with what isu has now? I have often said isu fans don’t live in reality but good lord.

Let me guess you also feel Alabama,, Clemson, and Ohio State quake in fear of the mighty clown football team right?

This is why isu fans are clowns. Something to laugh at, not take serious.

Reactions: MitchLL
So you really think isu is going to go from 2 wins to 10-15 with what isu has now? I have often said isu fans don’t live in reality but good lord.

Let me guess you also feel Alabama,, Clemson, and Ohio State quake in fear of the mighty clown football team right?

This is why isu fans are clowns. Something to laugh at, not take serious.

I think they'll schedule close to 10 wins in the noncon by going cupcake city. I expect them to win 4 Big 12 games or so. Again, I could be wrong.

• Haha
I think they'll schedule close to 10 wins in the noncon by going cupcake city. I expect them to win 4 Big 12 games or so. Again, I could be wrong.
Then those 10 games better be against FAMU, the Arkansas Pine Trees and the Eastern Jacksonville Fighting protractors. Get three or four from each and the clowns will be right there. 4 wins in the Texas Ten may be stretch.

So you think Hunter and Kalscheur will avg 30 a game combine like Bolton and Coleman-Lands did last year as your top 2 leading scorers? Foster has potential and can be good but he barely played before shutting it down last year. Are you expecting him to be better than 10pt and 5 reb a night like Young was last year?

Reactions: Ronman
Then those 10 games better be against FAMU, the Arkansas Pine Trees and the Eastern Jacksonville Fighting protractors. Get three or four from each and the clowns will be right there. 4 wins in the Texas Ten may be stretch.
My favorite part of the year was Iowa having their best team ever, the national player of the year, and getting 3rd in their conference and flaming out in NCAA tourney. Did JBo leave his shoes on the court after scoring zero points?

Followed by being told over and over the Big Ten was the best conference and could have 4 teams in the Final 4, and ended up having none.

At least you can look forward to that national player of the year getting drafted..... oh wait. Well at least there’s the pro league in Turkey.

My favorite part of the year was Iowa having their best team ever, the national player of the year, and getting 3rd in their conference and flaming out in NCAA tourney. Did JBo leave his shoes on the court after scoring zero points?

Followed by being told over and over the Big Ten was the best conference and could have 4 teams in the Final 4, and ended up having none.

At least you can look forward to that national player of the year getting drafted..... oh wait. Well at least there’s the pro league in Turkey.
This wasn’t the best team ever for Iowa. So stinky which win was isu’s best, the win over the Arkansas Pine Tree’s or the Eastern Jacksonville Tech fighting protractors?

isu, point and laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronman
So you think Hunter and Kalscheur will avg 30 a game combine like Bolton and Coleman-Lands did last year as your top 2 leading scorers? Foster has potential and can be good but he barely played before shutting it down last year. Are you expecting him to be better than 10pt and 5 reb a night like Young was last year?
Like I keep saying, the words reality and isu fans are never uttered in the same sentence for a reason. A transfer from Minny that scored 7 points against the Hawks and a True Freshman PG are automatically going to now average more than 30 points per game in the hope the clowns can squeak out more than 2 wins next year.

BBBbbbbbwwwwwaaaaahahahah

Reactions: Ronman and MitchLL

I think you guys are being too literal. I think as a duo, they'll play as well as Bolton and JCL did. I don't know how many they'll score. I think there will be more scoring options on the team next year. And the wins will probably be more around 10 now that I'm seeing more about the schedule. I'd guess 10 and 5 for Foster, yes.

Ultimately none of this really matters that much - like I said it's a total rebuild. The next 12 months are completely about developing Foster and Hunter and getting a good recruiting class for '22. Anything more than that is gravy to be honest.

I think you guys are being too literal. I think as a duo, they'll play as well as Bolton and JCL did. I don't know how many they'll score. I think there will be more scoring options on the team next year. And the wins will probably be more around 10 now that I'm seeing more about the schedule. I'd guess 10 and 5 for Foster, yes.

Ultimately none of this really matters that much - like I said it's a total rebuild. The next 12 months are completely about developing Foster and Hunter and getting a good recruiting class for '22. Anything more than that is gravy to be honest.
How does isu re-build when you are doing so with one year players?

Iowa State just got a commitment from hometown PG Tamin Lipsey, currently a 3* recruit, but was considered higher prior to major knee surgery. Class of 2022.

• Haha
How does isu re-build when you are doing so with one year players?
Kalschur already said he’d use the extra year and play two. Not sure if TJ pulls a Campbell and has us dancing in two years, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Getting to the tournament isn’t the important thing, it’s advancing to the second round like the Hawks. That’s when you know you’ve arrived.

With the garage sale players Oodleberger is bringing in...the ceiling is 6-8 wins.

The guy from Minny is a defensive standout, not a scorer. He won't be anywhere close to double figures.

With the garage sale players Oodleberger is bringing in...the ceiling is 6-8 wins.

The guy from Minny is a defensive standout, not a scorer. He won't be anywhere close to double figures.
I'll bet he does. What is "close"? 9?

Lipseys only other offer was Nebraska. Go TJ!
TJ is doing really well. Getting Hunter to recommit + getting Lipsey to commit today is huge! Hard to find much to be critical about.
Stender - I think TJ can recruit. My question is can he coach. I persoannly think he will recruit at a high level but developing talent and coaching them remains to be seen IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT