ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Their basketball program has been flushed down the drain... their wrestling program is trash.... their football program has reached it's peak at 6-7

but do you want to know what probably is the worst thing out of all of this? Their AD trolling his own fanbase

Reactions: TCOOL
Their basketball program has been flushed down the drain... their wrestling program is trash.... their football program has reached it's peak at 6-7

but do you want to know what probably is the worst thing out of all of this? Their AD trolling his own fanbase

Couldnt happen to a better fan base.

Joking aside, that fan base deserves it for how much they usually eat up Pollard's schtick.

Couldnt happen to a better fan base.

Joking aside, that fan base deserves it for how much they usually eat up Pollard's schtick.

That is true.... Pollard has been selling them snake oil, it's funny seeing Pollard come back and burn them when they've been eating out of his hand so willingly

Reactions: MitchLL
Like Gordon Gekko said. They have been dry so long they crawl through the desert and eventually drink the sand cause someone says it was water. That is what Pollard has done to that fanbase. They are so delirious and delusional (and only focus on Iowa) they had a miserable year (hence all the emails and letters from Pollard) and yet no change but fans drink the sand. Thank God for them they lost baseball and play in a crap conference. They will be good in football and put everything into the game but get hammered in all the other sports (assuming we actually lose in football to them).

LOL, are you telling me that Hoiberg is down so far that he is taking castoffs from IA State? That is karma if I ever heard it.
Not from ISU. I believe he got pg from Wisky and another guard from Western Illinois, I believe. I always heard that Hoiberg hated smoozing high school parents when he was at ISU.

Like Gordon Gekko said. They have been dry so long they crawl through the desert and eventually drink the sand cause someone says it was water. That is what Pollard has done to that fanbase. They are so delirious and delusional (and only focus on Iowa) they had a miserable year (hence all the emails and letters from Pollard) and yet no change but fans drink the sand. Thank God for them they lost baseball and play in a crap conference. They will be good in football and put everything into the game but get hammered in all the other sports (assuming we actually lose in football to them).
Pollard is building them a beautiful elevated walkway though.......

Not from ISU. I believe he got pg from Wisky and another guard from Western Illinois, I believe. I always heard that Hoiberg hated smoozing high school parents when he was at ISU.
Ah. Well the ones he has got so far are marginal, and the ones that IA State has got since he left have been very hit-or-miss, mostly miss. I'l rather have the talent that Iowa has been getting. McC has a good eye for talent.

Poster on CF saying that he has sources saying there could be more than 2 additional transfers coming. This could be a glorious offseason in Ames.

Well an ISU friend of mine said they are worried that the 2nd best recruit behind Foster may not come to stay closer to home for family reasons. But if they have any more leave they'll be flirting with the Lick era of mass exodus of players.

Reactions: SIXERS24
But wait they are a football school now. Remember all those top 25 finishes under Matty?! With the way basketball and wrestling are going they better be top 15 in football next year (at the end) in that crap conference or Pollard will have to build another bridge and send out more letters and emails. I cannot believe these Clone fans continue to drink the sand Pollard calls water. It is really pathetic.

TCool - they are a football school! Stop. Look at their history. Well actually ignore that. I mean Matty is the savior with all those top 25 finishes. Oh wait forget that. I mean last year was so awesome for them it was their best team ever and they got Game Day. They went 7-6 and got to the prestigious Camping World Bowl to get curb stomped. Oops don’t pay attention to that either. And my gosh Purdy for Heisman. And always next year. Trust the process and a storm is brewing.

Reactions: buchs
None of us knows what goes on behind closed doors. Whatever the reason(s), I hope they can right the ship. People are quick to fire Prohm. He seems like a good, decent guy. Like I have said several times about various coaches (including Ferentz), they have forgotten more about their sport than ANY of us know.

I remember ISU being picked for last in the Big 12 one year. Then Jamaal Tinsley walked onto campus. 32-5 and a trip to the Elite Eight followed.

The naysayers will mock that possibility, there is always hope.

Right now, sports isnt very important.

Stender - I agree on sports being down the priority list. But 2 things. First, sports are at least talk about it an outlet. Second, if other things are so important to you why are you posting on a rival’s board? That second part seems weird. But whatever you have your own priorities. And BTW, I don’t blame you. I assume CF has to be in flames by now and Twins may be RIP. Seriously I almost feel bad for the Clone trolls with how bad things are in the athletic department. Anyway, carry on.

Reactions: Ronman and BBHawk
Stender - I agree on sports being down the priority list. But 2 things. First, sports are at least talk about it an outlet. Second, if other things are so important to you why are you posting on a rival’s board? That second part seems weird. But whatever you have your own priorities. And BTW, I don’t blame you. I assume CF has to be in flames by now and Twins may be RIP. Seriously I almost feel bad for the Clone trolls with how bad things are in the athletic department. Anyway, carry on.

He's the only Iowa State fan with the stones to post here.

I post on here (right now especially) to kill time.

I am trying (albeit difficult to do) to remain optimistic about ISU b-ball. Losing Griffin + Grill hurts, but they still have a "decent" nucleus coming back (Jackson, Bolton, Lewis, Young, and Conditt). I hope the incoming transfer + freshmen can play. It could be another long year next winter. Like I said, I like Prohm and hope he can turn things around. The people that want to replace him need to consider "who are we going to get that is better"? ISU got lucky with Fred.

I just hope another Tinsley walks in the door! Ha!

Well an ISU friend of mine said they are worried that the 2nd best recruit behind Foster may not come to stay closer to home for family reasons. But if they have any more leave they'll be flirting with the Lick era of mass exodus of players.
People on CF were saying that all the way back after the Florida AM loss but he never officially left. This late in the Spring semester I think the kid is going to ISU.

I post on here (right now especially) to kill time.

I am trying (albeit difficult to do) to remain optimistic about ISU b-ball. Losing Griffin + Grill hurts, but they still have a "decent" nucleus coming back (Jackson, Bolton, Lewis, Young, and Conditt). I hope the incoming transfer + freshmen can play. It could be another long year next winter. Like I said, I like Prohm and hope he can turn things around. The people that want to replace him need to consider "who are we going to get that is better"? ISU got lucky with Fred.

I just hope another Tinsley walks in the door! Ha!

My prediction is Lewis and either Conditt or Young transfer this offseason.

Wouldn't be sad to see Lewis go. Hope Conditt stays. I read article where Young is determined to see his career through in Ames, in spite of the adversity. Solomon is my favorite Cyclone. I hope he stays for his 5th year.

Blackwell has pretty much shot that rumor down. When it's all said and done he may end up being the 3rd best recruit in the Class. Darlinstone Dubar has really impressed this season.

What happens if Conditt or Young bolt?
Young already thought about it last Season and decided with his mom he is sticking it out in Ames till he is done. Conditt pretty much shot down any rumor he was leaving down.

Hayes - this may be a troll but asking you to think objectively. And yes I fully realize Iowa-ISU is a rivalry. I mean CF wouldn’t exist and poor Twins would have to see his kids if it didn’t exist. But I digress. Look at the last 5 years (which is a fair number) and honestly tell me whom ISU is closer to a rivalry with on the field, court and mat in terms of results, Iowa or UNI? I only know the Iowa results and 17-3 isn’t much of a rivalry (results only). And men’s basketball and wrestling favor Iowa pretty heavily next year with the other 2 a push.

UNI about knocked off ISU in both football and wrestling in Ames and UNI men’s b-ball is clearly better (right now) and the UNI women won in Ames. Like I said, I recognize the Iowa-ISU rivalry but from a results standpoint isn’t ISU closer to UNI than Iowa from a competitive standpoint?

Reactions: TCOOL and buchs
Spring recruiting is just silly. This kid was the 5th leading scorer on Santa Clara and he has these offers:

Hoping ISU lands him.

Griffin and Lewis were most likely gone anyways and that was expected. Grill was a surprise tho.
So what you are saying on Twitter, is that this is only 11 PPG, so it's not really a loss. However, all 3 of these guys could have been playing good minutes on next years team, and half the guys you have returning are averaging that same total per game. With the losses of Tyrese, Jacobsen, and Nixon as well, you're losing 6 of your top 10 players on a 20 loss team. How the hell do you stay so positive? Do you not calculate in that each of those 3 players could have had improvement in the off-season and contributed. I mean, I'd understand the argument if all 5 starters were coming back, so none of those guys would see increased minutes, but man, you are wearing some serious Cardinal and Gold's my friend.

Johnson looks like an average Transfer.
Your recruiting class does look good, assuming Dudley sticks with it. However, you guys are going to be bad next year, another under .500 season. Over your last 3 recruiting classes, you'll have 2 guys left on next years team? You think ISU sticks with Prohm? At this point, do the guys coming in even stay for longer than a year? The turnover rate, for whatever reason, has to be alarming.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT