ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State now letting 15k fans attend on Oct 3

hawkfeever

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2016
If they lose to TCU though, will they get that many that want to go watch the epic beat that Oklahoma will lay on them?

Will the Hawks have fans for game 1 in October in Kinnick?

If I'm an ISU fan... I'm going to see if they're as bad in person as they appear on television.

But I could save them the trouble... the answer is "Yes".

Saw where Louisiana barely beat Georgia State on Saturday...so... Georgia State>Iowa State.

That is not what Barta indicated. Starting with the idea of 0 fans and may modify later I believe is how it put it in his statement.

Correct. A lot of time between now and Oct. 24, and for Iowa its first home game is not until Oct. 31. No reason for Iowa to be declaring one way or the other on fans at this time. If Iowa State has had multiple games with 15 or 20k fans, then Iowa could perhaps have the same.

Serious question tho, if ISU gets ripped to shreds by TCU this weekend.... would fans pay money to watch trash?

Serious question tho, if ISU gets ripped to shreds by TCU this weekend.... would fans pay money to watch trash?

There is probably 15k delusional enough to believe they could pull off an upset. Even if they are 0-2 losers going in.

I hear Jamie Pollard will be in a dunk tank around the stadium entrance. $10 a ball to dunk him. He has to make up the money somehow. maybe they could have clowns tying up balloon animals for a few bucks too.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
There is probably 15k delusional enough to believe they could pull off an upset. Even if they are 0-2 losers going in.

Given how well ISU has played OU over the past 3 years and given ISU record in October under Campbell I give them a good shot regardless if they are 1-1 or 0-2.

Given how well ISU has played OU over the past 3 years and given ISU record in October under Campbell I give them a good shot regardless if they are 1-1 or 0-2.

I don't. Okie looks like they have the second coming of Mahomes as their QB.

Iowa could be awful and I would still be in the stands.

I didn't realize he had this issue. I hope he is okay moving forward.

I'd be in the stands too. I remember going to games in the past knowing we were gonna get the tar beat out of us and still went and watched.

Iowa is only going to allow players families and athletic staff and maybe some "special guests." 1500 Max total. No concessions.
Absolutely no tailgating anywhere on U of I property.

The last two games I knew we were going to get blasted were the Ohio St. and Michigan games. Those ended up being good games :)

I was thinking back a ways. Like John Cooper and Ohio State coming in and just knowing oh boy this is not gonna be good and it wasn't. It was a damn nice October day that day though. At least for getting our asses kicked it was nice outside.

Iowa is only going to allow players families and athletic staff and maybe some "special guests." 1500 Max total. No concessions.
Absolutely no tailgating anywhere on U of I property.

For the first game maybe, but that doesn't mean for all games. It is open to change.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Have to believe Oklahoma is going to come to Jack Trice with some extra motivation.

Hopefully the clowns and other teams will successfully enough put fans in their stadiums the next two werks for the B1G to "revisit" that decision before the first game.
Were fine either way. Hell I think we had more tv $ than isu did for their entire football revenue last year lol

ADVERTISEMENT