ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Observations

frydaze

HB Legend
Nov 25, 2001
Watched much of their game on TV last night.

Thoughts:

In first half, looked like typical bumbling, crumbling ISU as they fell behind 7-0 but went in to locker room up 10-7.

Second half they simply wore UNI down, outscored them 3 TDs to 0 in 2nd half to win 31-7.

Overall, the easiest ISU win over UNI since they have ever played them. Does that tell us anything? I have no idea as I don't know what kind of team Mark Farley will have this season at UNI. Just hard to gauge wins over FCS schools--even those ranked high like an Illinois State or a UNI so both Iowa and ISU's wins yesterday a bit tough to gauge.

ISU's best football player is Lazard at WR; easily in my opinion. He's very dangerous catching the ball and after catching it, has a nose for the end zone, but his returning punts is pretty outstanding. Simply a game breaker on any play.

Brundage (sp?) very talented at WR too--this could easily be the best 1-2 WR on the same team Iowa plays against all year believe it or not.

Richardson at QB does nothing spectacular, but he can make some plays.

The ISU D-Line dominated last night. Again, are they that good or is it because they were playing an FCS team?

I thought their defensive secondary was pretty decent. They have some real good athletes back there.

Their FG missed a couple relatively easy FG attempts. Overall, their other positions didn't stand out as real danger spots for Iowa.

Sold out crowd in Ames last night. Will be sold out again Saturday when Iowa plays there. Major important game for both teams. Iowa needs to come ready to play and NOT let the ISU crowd get so into the game right away. Can or should Iowa beat them? YES. However, too many times over there that hasn't turned out to be the case. Based on that, not sure how this one goes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News