ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Patrol seeking witnesses after hit-and-run pedestrian fatality on Interstate 80 in Iowa City

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001

Print

A pedestrian was killed in a hit-and-run incident on Interstate 80 in Iowa City Monday afternoon and the Iowa State Patrol is seeking additional information from the public.

At 4:14 p.m., an “unknown vehicle” struck a pedestrian in a travel lane of eastbound Interstate 80 in Iowa City under the Dodge Street overpass at mile marker 246, according an Iowa State Patrol crash report.

The report stated the incident remains under investigation. The Iowa State Patrol asks anyone who was a witness or has any related information to please contact them.

The name of the person killed has not yet been released.

My gosh, all of that accomplishment in life before she was 40. And then at 42 she's done with it all and does it in a horrible way. It is scary how much mental health issues can destroy lives.

I get people have depression and mental illness. I get people have suicidal thoughts and some act on them.

But why would you force someone else to do it to you? The poor person in the car... ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT