ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Preps for Another Blue-Blood

Considering Nebraska is the 7th winningest FBS college football program of all time.....yes.
Nebraska football WAS considered a blue blood program. Not so much now, but historically. Again....they are the 7th winningest FBS football program of all time.

USC, with their 11 claimed national championships, are also a blue blood.

You are not doing well in this thread.

FIFY

Nebbie is no longer in the blue blood category. They have fallen from grace. Love it.

That noted, Minnesota was a blue blood a couple of decades ago.

What does it take to become a blue blood anyhow? At least three solid decades. Give Oregon another 10 years, and I think they will get there. When you have Nike $, it'll take you a long way.

Oregon has been a very good and at times great team in the last 20 years. This current Oregon team is not as good however. And Oregon is not a blue blood but could be considered one in another 10 years if they get back to regularly being a top 10 finisher.

Iowa state should beat them today and rational ISU fans should say they were the 3rd of 4th best team they played this season.

Oregon has been a very good and at times great team in the last 20 years. This current Oregon team is not as good however. And Oregon is not a blue blood but could be considered one in another 10 years if they get back to regularly being a top 10 finisher.

Iowa state should beat them today and rational ISU fans should say they were the 3rd of 4th best team they played this season.
Except the Oregon team played so few games, it's hard to know how good it is. The record is amazingly inconsistent. They beat two pretty good teams and lost to two pretty bad teams.

Phil Knight won't be around forever. He's 82 now. In 10 years OR will be mediocre.

Phil Knight won't be around forever. He's 82 now. In 10 years OR will be mediocre.

If knight himself (the flesh of the man) matters you’ll surely be correct... I think it is his money that makes a bigger difference and that may last a bit longer!

If knight himself (the flesh of the man) matters you’ll surely be correct... I think it is his money that makes a bigger difference and that may last a bit longer!
Yes but unless his offspring feel the same way, it will wane. Nike is a corporation mainly interested in self survival. OR isn't the best investment.

Don't look now, but in the biggest game in school history, Iowa State is not wearing its team colors. Again.

The audio us terrible in this game. Is that one of the school bands?

The Bozo clown is confirmation of what we all know: ISU has a serious little brother complex. They would sooner troll an opponent's board than concentrate on watching their team.

The Bozo clown is confirmation of what we all know: ISU has a serious little brother complex. They would sooner troll an opponent's board than concentrate on watching their team.
Lol unlike a Hawkeye I can watch the game and type at the same time. No trolling just don’t understand the whole uniform thing bothering people. ✌️

Lol unlike a Hawkeye I can watch the game and type at the same time. No trolling just don’t understand the whole uniform thing bothering people. ✌
I don't think it really bothers anyone, other than many of us find it strange. I can't imagine the Hawkeyes running out of the tunnel for a bowl game wearing anything other than the Black and Gold. Granted, the school colors traditionally haven't given Cyclone fans much to be proud of, but it has to start somewhere.

Reactions: Pepperman
D
Lol unlike a Hawkeye I can watch the game and type at the same time. No trolling just don’t understand the whole uniform thing bothering people. ✌️

I can type and watch the game at the same time. I also know which board is the one dedicated to the team I root for. Perhaps ISU's new team colors confused you.

Wow! Matty road rage showing insensitivity toward his players. What a class act. Looks more like Pelini every game.

He may want to look at where he is throwing his money. The Ducks are a f*cking joke for a team that has recruited at the level they have. They are the west coast version of Nebraska right now.

They probably aren't a blue-blood but here are the respective records of Oregon and Iowa since the 99 season:

Iowa 168-106 .613
Oregon 201-75 .728
That adds up to about an extra 1.5 wins per season.

They are a legit program, irrespective of what they are or are not this season.
and they play in what conference?

ADVERTISEMENT