ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State sweet 16 first year coach. Lol

We can't replace Fran. You never know - we might get the next Lickliter. We should just stay with the status quo until the program hits rock bottom or the head coach gets cancer and has to retire early (in his 70s). That's the "Iowa Nice Way." Great new young head coaches who know how to recruit players that can win NCAA Tourney games are only for other programs.

Fran is a joke....should have been gone a loooooong time ago....these smoke and mirrors Tourney wins serve nothing more than delaying things several years. Fran and Ferments are too smart for portals...anyway, they know how to do things "the right way" with Iowa kids.

yeah, pretty sad as ISU has zero offense, but they are great on defense. I am sure FM has a defensive plan for next year.
Yep, wait till ISU recruits players that can shoot. Funny how so many people thought TJ was a stupid hire on here.

Reactions: K OKeefe
Agree…..fourth AT BEST.

But….let’s hear from all the Fran knob polishers about how great he is and how Iowa can’t possibly get a coach that would do better.
Iowa state going to the Sweet 16 is only going to cause more angst from the Iowa fans towards its mens basketball program. Is it fair to assess Fran by what Iowa State does? Probably not but it raises a lot of fair questions. How can Fran not take Iowa to the Sweet 16 with a 2 and 5 seed, NPOY and projected lottery pick? Iowa State gets there after going 2-22 last year with a brand new team of mostly portal players. It clear that in order for Iowa to make a Sweet 16 some changes need to be made. Not firing Fran but maybe shake up coaching staff, recruit over existing players for better talent, preach defense and those that don’t won’t play. The status quo of the current program is just not good enough for anything other than a Tournament appearance. Unfortunately there is little evidence that any of that will be done.

Yep, wait till ISU recruits players that can shoot. Funny how so many people thought TJ was a stupid hire on here.
I’m definitely not sold on him. At all.

I think he’ll be a failure & gone in 4 or 5 years.

Lets wait until he beats somebody in a tournament game before we go congratulating him.

A SEC team & a team with their most important player out is not much.

Miami won’t qualify either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT