ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State's New Uniforms

Does anyone know what a cardinal has to do with a cyclone??
I know this!

They couldn’t figure out how to make a Cyclone into a mascot. Their colors are CARDINAL and gold, so they went with a Cardinal.

Also, they have sucked for like 100 years.

But if you want to know why ISU outclasses Iowa, it's because they never made 12-0 rings. I don't think that they've ever gone 12-0 either way, but a university and fanbase that think that 12-0 (but let's forget the next 2 losses) rings are OK is not to be taken seriously. Ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
But if you want to know why ISU outclasses Iowa, it's because they never made 12-0 rings. I don't think that they've ever gone 12-0 either way, but a university and fanbase that think that 12-0 (but let's forget the next 2 losses) rings are OK is not to be taken seriously. Ever.
I don’t have a problem with the 12-0 rings. Damn you for making me look up this world class jersey.

Reactions: Tom Paris
So winning 12 games in a season ranks behind never winning 10 games in a season? Very solid logic.
Using that logic having the longest streak of not going to a bowl is a good thing…… you may want to brush up on a few things

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43.jpg

ISU new uniforms
Hello Kansas City Chiefs.

Which caused me to compare other aspects of the rivalrly since Hayden started as head coach:

Uniforms - Not including the single game alternate uniforms
Iowa - 1
Iowa State - 10 (not including minor changes such as patches and lettering)

Coaches
Iowa - 2
Iowa State - 7 (not including interim coach)

Cy Hawk Series
Iowa - 30
Iowa State - 14

(Games decided by 10 points or more)
Iowa - 23
Iowa State - 5

Conference Championships
Iowa - 5
Iowa State - 0

First Round Draft Picks
Iowa - 20
Iowa State - 1

Draw your own conclusions.
lipstick_on_a_pig_1.jpe

Reactions: win4jj
"Todays athletes are swayed (sadly) by superficial things like uniforms. Drives me nuts, but I get what a lot of schools play this game. I like the traditional unis."

I agree but it works both ways. Personally, I think the uniforms debate is one of the dumbest things in football. Who knew fashion was so important?

But both have their benefits. Take a look at Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State, for example. Oklahoma has the traditional look and history, but Oklahoma State has the advantage of going with a variety of looks that appeals to players and fans. Of course, smug OU fans 'poke' fun at OSU fans for not having tradition but I think there's a bit of jealousy there in that OU can't do that stuff.

When you think of great traditional uniforms, you think of USC, Michigan, Nebraska, UCLA, Texas, etc. I have a hard time lumping Iowa in there. Nice uniforms I suppose but truly iconic? Eh.

"Todays athletes are swayed (sadly) by superficial things like uniforms. Drives me nuts, but I get what a lot of schools play this game. I like the traditional unis."

I agree but it works both ways. Personally, I think the uniforms debate is one of the dumbest things in football. Who knew fashion was so important?

But both have their benefits. Take a look at Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State, for example. Oklahoma has the traditional look and history, but Oklahoma State has the advantage of going with a variety of looks that appeals to players and fans. Of course, smug OU fans 'poke' fun at OSU fans for not having tradition but I think there's a bit of jealousy there in that OU can't do that stuff.

When you think of great traditional uniforms, you think of USC, Michigan, Nebraska, UCLA, Texas, etc. I have a hard time lumping Iowa in there. Nice uniforms I suppose but truly iconic? Eh.
To me it is less about iconic and more about a brilliant branding move started by HF and has been leveraged over and over. It has definitely stuck and has tremendous staying power. No need to change that logo for sure. Just keep making it more visible. The Tigerhawk is a national brand.

You mean like in 2004 when ISU who lost to Colorado but finished 4-4 with them in the mighty big 12 north but still made Big 12 North Champion rings. Is that why ISU is so classy?

You mean like in 2004 when ISU who lost to Colorado but finished 4-4 with them in the mighty big 12 north but still made Big 12 North Champion rings. Is that why ISU is so classy?
I think it’s because they created their own currency.

The exchange rate on the Gene Chizik coin is one the most stable on earth.

Remember when ISU poster their uniforms for a game on Twitter, and actual McDonalds replied that they loves the unis! Or something to that effect?

It was glorious.

Reactions: Birky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT