****Iowa @ Terps Game Thread****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6pm on ESPN2
Iowa -3.0
O/U 147.0

Terps have lost 3 straight (Indy, MSU and OSU)

hawks only managed a 5 point win at Carver and have struggled on the road this year. give me Terps 81-75

This is an interesting game especially at the start....we have started slow in a number of games recently. The coaching staff made changes in the starting line up for Minnesota...but that did not cure the slow start.

Another factor is that Fran did not watch that game from the bench.....was a different view (watching on TV) something that gave him a different perspective? He didn't have to be thinking about subs or game management or jumping the refs, so what did he take from this different perspective and can he use it to help the Hawks get off to a good start.

I think that the Hawks have actually played pretty well on the road, other than at Wisconsin and PSU to a degree. We haven't had games that were noncompetitive, it's just that obviously Rutgers and Purdue and teams like that are really tough on their home floor. Very few teams go on the road in the B10 and look really good.

This is an interesting game especially at the start....we have started slow in a number of games recently. The coaching staff made changes in the starting line up for Minnesota...but that did not cure the slow start.

Another factor is that Fran did not watch that game from the bench.....was a different view (watching on TV) something that gave him a different perspective? He didn't have to be thinking about subs or game management or jumping the refs, so what did he take from this different perspective and can he use it to help the Hawks get off to a good start.

I think that the Hawks have actually played pretty well on the road, other than at Wisconsin and PSU to a degree. We haven't had games that were noncompetitive, it's just that obviously Rutgers and Purdue and teams like that are really tough on their home floor. Very few teams go on the road in the B10 and look really good.
How is watching the game on TV different than watching the tape after the game as far as perspective?

Road games are tough as you noted. Would go a long way to making the tournament with a win in this game

Reactions: BUCKSNDUCKS
Would love to say.....HAWKS WILL WIN!....but I can't. I think we start slow again, battle back and lose a close one on the road. An absolute killer.

How is watching the game on TV different than watching the tape after the game as far as perspective?

Road games are tough as you noted. Would go a long way to making the tournament with a win in this game
I think it gives a different perspective in that when you have already watched the game live from the sidelines, you might go into watch the tape looking for confirmation of what you think you saw.....where as, not watching it from the sidelines is a completely different view....that's just wild ass speculation on my part.

That said, someone in the lounge said they follow UNI closely....and an assistant coach had the same experience in that he had to watch from a Hotel room as he was out recruiting or something....he came away with some suggestions for their offense that apparently can help them.

Again, not saying that it is a fact, but just know that sometimes a different perspective helps see things a little differently that MIGHT give some insight that you don't otherwise get.

QC...last game I stayed away from the over/under. It's sitting at 146.5 now...I'm staying away again.

Cheers and GO HAWKS!

Reactions: QChawks
Terps aren't one of those teams, which really give Iowa trouble with the home cooking you see on the road, that impose their will with physicality, like PSU and Rutgers. Despite their record, Mary Land does have some really talented players, especially their guards. Hawks need to get into a flow for a change on the road, and not lose on the boards. If they do that, and Keegan doesn't somehow get some early foul calls, I think they should have a good shot at finally winning another road game.

I don't know what to expect at guard. Maybe we see Ulis and JBo, since that gave us the spurt we saw in the last game. Personally, I do NOT want JoeT stuck on the bench, especially in this game where his quickness has a better shot at keeping Fats from getting on a roll than any other guards. I like Perkins energy off the bench.

Reactions: FWIW4922463
I think it gives a different perspective in that when you have already watched the game live from the sidelines, you might go into watch the tape looking for confirmation of what you think you saw.....where as, not watching it from the sidelines is a completely different view....that's just wild ass speculation on my part.

That said, someone in the lounge said they follow UNI closely....and an assistant coach had the same experience in that he had to watch from a Hotel room as he was out recruiting or something....he came away with some suggestions for their offense that apparently can help them.

Again, not saying that it is a fact, but just know that sometimes a different perspective helps see things a little differently that MIGHT give some insight that you don't otherwise get.
I agree, big difference watching a live game on TV then watching replay video of a game he was on the sidelines for - which included making decisions.

probably not going to change much, but there is a difference.

Reactions: perryhawk

agreed that it's a much different experience having to watch live, not knowing what will happen than on tape. Sometime you try to justify your decisions when you watch tape and aren't always as honest.

This is one of two road games that they could really use a win at to have a shot at .500 in conference play and a decent chance at making the dance. They need to win either tonight or at Nebraska and preferably both to have a realistic shot IMO. At OSU, ILLINOIS, and Michigan, as well as MSU at home are much tougher outs than those 2 on the road.

Reactions: FWIW4922463
Defense and rebounding. Defense and rebounding. Defense and rebounding.

Or maybe rebounding and defense. Rebounding and defense. Rebounding and defense.

And it wouldn't hurt to hit more than 20% from three. But mostly, it's about defense and rebounding because, well, it always is.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Any over/under takers on these?

Keegan Murray 20 pts
Bohannon 3 made threes
Bohannon 5 three point attempts
Pat 15 points
Perkins 13 minutes
Toussaint 10 minutes
Ogundele 4 minutes
Standfort 6 points

I'm going:
Under
Push
Over
Over
Under
Over
Under
Over

Great, Maryland is a terrible three point shooting team. That means they're about to go 23 of 27.

Reactions: Sheahawk
ADVERTISEMENT