ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Ticket Office has no clue what's going on !!

GOIOWAHAWKS06

HB MVP
Jun 1, 2005
Called about the wrestling meet
at Kinnick .... Ask about if I could
get tickets for that since I'm a Football
Season ticket holder .. The answer was NO ... I thought they were letting
football season ticket holders to buy
first before general public !!

Also don't understand why there waiting the last minute to sell the
tickets ... Very unorganized ....

Iowa marking Department is a
joke also but when there only paying
the 30,000 some a year you get what
you pay for ....

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
I believe they need to sort out wrestling season ticket holders first. Wrestling season ticket holders will choose seats and have the ability to buy more (together); then sales for the meet open up on Oct 1st.

• Oklahoma St tickets will be available for purchase October 1st to the general public. The remaining matches will be available in late October.

Last edited:

you pay for ....

Tickets don't go on sale until October 1st and my understanding is wrestling season ticket-holders have priority. But please, continue on with your misguided rant.

you pay for ....

They are letting wrestling season ticket holders at them first. To ensure a seat right now the best bet is to purchase season tickets for wrestling.

Yeah, I think you are flat out wrong here OP. Football ticket holders get no priority, just wrestling ones.

I know you are being sarcastic Doodle, but I do want to point out that not only do wrestling ticket holders get first crack, they can buy as many tickets as they want sitting together ahead of time. Could be a lot of prime seats (what is Prime for wrestling in Kinnick?) could be gone before October 1.

Reactions: ichawk24

you pay for ....

I can clear this up. You are confused. WRESTLING and FOOTBALL are two different sports. WRESTLING season ticket holders most definitely get first crack at it since, you know, it is a WRESTLING event. Also, tickets for the general public go on sale October 1. The actual wrestling dual is being held November 14. I don't know what your definition of "last minute" is, but it is apparently not the same as mine. And before you ask, no, men's basketball season ticket holders do not get first crack at wrestling tickets when they wrestling in CHA.

The Iowa marketing department does a lot of things that are curious, to put it mildly; however, this is absolutely not one of them. Sorry. They are doing everything right on this one.

dqwindmill.gif

I can clear this up. You are confused. WRESTLING and FOOTBALL are two different sports. WRESTLING season ticket holders most definitely get first crack at it since, you know, it is a WRESTLING event. Also, tickets for the general public go on sale October 1. The actual wrestling dual is being held November 14. I don't know what your definition of "last minute" is, but it is apparently not the same as mine. And before you ask, no, men's basketball season ticket holders do not get first crack at wrestling tickets when they wrestling in CHA.

The Iowa marketing department does a lot of things that are curious, to put it mildly; however, this is absolutely not one of them. Sorry. They are doing everything right on this one.

dqwindmill.gif

Well, this is all great information. But the thing Ol' Doodle would really like to know is if wrestling season ticket holders will have any sort of head start in terms of getting tickets to this event before others?
Good point doodle because that was really not addressed

OP, your rant was misguided but I still hope you buy tickets for the wrestling meet in Kinnick. Collegiate wrestling needs all the fans it can get and Iowa wants to break the record this day so I hope the ahole responses above don't dissuade you from purchasing tickets when they go on sale October 1st.

I'll be there but not nearly as pissed off as the OP. GD MF ticket office. Maybe the ticket office didn't know who they were dealing with.

Also Ping 72. AWESOME find on grandpa Simpson.

Last edited:
Wrestling season ticket holders should get first chance, albeit in a limited amount. Think of bowl game tickets for football.

if the ticket office screws this up football fans may not attend and they won't break the record. The whole event idea will be for naught!

Is it me or does the OP sound like an entitled season ticket holder who is upset that wrestling season ticket holders get an entitlement he thinks he should be entitled to?

I always thought the point of the "seat license" fee was it gave you first dibs on that seat for any event in the stadium.

I'm more interested to see whether or not they're going to allow people with football tickets into the wrestling meet for free. If they don't, they're idiots.

I'm more interested to see whether or not they're going to allow people with football tickets into the wrestling meet for free. If they don't, they're idiots.

Huh? They are two separate events and I don't believe the price on the wrestling tickets will be too terrible, so just pony up. I'll be there!

Reactions: LBlindHawk

So you're a troll and a tight ass. Nice. I'll be there and gladly pay for a ticket to the wrestling match. It's history in the making dude. Don't be angry your whole life.

Reactions: BuckRussel
Is it me or does the OP sound like an entitled season ticket holder who is upset that wrestling season ticket holders get an entitlement he thinks he should be entitled to?
He does indeed.

That said, some here are failing to realize it IS a Wrestling event, hoping to be HELD on a Football Field that day (mat in south end zone IIRC). It is part of the season ticket package for Wrestling season ticket holders. And furthermore, since this is an outdoor event that could be cancelled due to inclement weather, the 1st 15,000 and change (which of course includes the season ticket holders) will hold the tickets in Carver, should it need to be moved indoors.

Any additional tickets sold unable to be used will get refunds or options to other events or maybe a ticket to attend a barbecue at Barta's house (obviously don't know, but sure someone will chime in with the facts).

Last edited:
I've already invested hundreds of dollars in football tickets and parking. I don't particular care for wrestling and would never pay to actually watch the sport, especially if it's cold out. However, I will be literally right across the street, and would consider adding one more to the UI's attendance number, but not if I have to actually pay for this. This is an athletic department that makes tens of millions of dollars a year trying to screw me out of another 10 bucks after I give them hundreds each year. No thanks.

I've already invested hundreds of dollars in football tickets and parking. I don't particular care for wrestling and would never pay to actually watch the sport, especially if it's cold out. However, I will be literally right across the street, and would consider adding one more to the UI's attendance number, but not if I have to actually pay for this. This is an athletic department that makes tens of millions of dollars a year trying to screw me out of another 10 bucks after I give them hundreds each year. No thanks.

Nice team spirit Da Coach.

Please, please don't go to the meet. In fact, please don't attend any wrestling meet ever. Even better if you just stopped attending anything ever, just stay in your basement.

Us wrestling fans (and hawk fans in general) don't want you.

Please, please don't go to the meet. In fact, please don't attend any wrestling meet ever. Even better if you just stopped attending anything ever, just stay in your basement.

Us wrestling fans (and hawk fans in general) don't want you.

LOL, I've been to 10 times as many live Iowa events in my lifetime as you have. Not even close.

Wrestling, however, sucks ass. Just because we're good at it doesn't mean that I have to like it. We're really good at field hockey, too, and I guarantee that you've never attended one of those events.

So in summation, feel free to go f**k yourself, loser. No one here likes you, not even your mommy.

It would have been nice if they gave football ST holders a shot at tix after wrestling ST holders. Because this was being done on a gameday to pull bigger numbers. But not a big deal since they didn't.

As far as the free tix to football ST's. Give me me a break. It's 10 bucks. Not going to break you. If you're the mock of wrestling type of person,stay away.

I'm not a wrestling fan but am going. I don't hate it but just never got into it. I plan on getting GA tix on gameday don't need to see the match if it's in CHA.

Last edited:
Reactions: gablefan73
LOL, I've been to 10 times as many live Iowa events in my lifetime as you have. Not even close.

Wrestling, however, sucks ass. Just because we're good at it doesn't mean that I have to like it. We're really good at field hockey, too, and I guarantee that you've never attended one of those events.

So in summation, feel free to go f**k yourself, loser. No one here likes you, not even your mommy.

36e287534a77d919e68e5a68d72fba15.jpg

I know I was trembling and just glad his ire wasn't directed my way. The foundation also exhaled because it sounds like his hundreds of dollars will continue to pour in.

imagebs.jpg

He does indeed.

That said, some here are failing to realize it IS a Wrestling event, hoping to be HELD on a Football Field that day (mat in south end zone IIRC). It is part of the season ticket package for Wrestling season ticket holders. And furthermore, since this is an outdoor event that could be cancelled due to inclement weather, the 1st 15,000 and change (which of course includes the season ticket holders) will hold the tickets in Carver, should it need to be moved indoors.

Any additional tickets sold unable to be used will get refunds or options to other events or maybe a ticket to attend a barbecue at Barta's house (obviously don't know, but sure someone will chime in with the facts).

That is what I am afraid of. I would like to get tickets to this event, but if it gets changed or cancelled what are they going to do? Give me a credit to the Herky Store or better yet another 5 dollar coupon to the concession stand? Not worth the hassle.

I got my Minny vs Iowa football tickets, i'll just watch the wrestling on TV from our tailgate spot.

Reactions: Hawk Supreme
I always thought the point of the "seat license" fee was it gave you first dibs on that seat for any event in the stadium.

I assume you're being sarcastic since that's a really stupid thing to believe....but I'm not entirely convinced.

confused.jpg

That is what I am afraid of. I would like to get tickets to this event, but if it gets changed or cancelled what are they going to do? Give me a credit to the Herky Store or better yet another 5 dollar coupon to the concession stand? Not worth the hassle.

I got my Minny vs Iowa football tickets, i'll just watch the wrestling on TV from our tailgate spot.

First 15K get into CHA. 15-25K get a ticket to another meet. After that you get your money back. Just by a GA on the day of the event. Problem solved.

They will refund your money. Not sure why that would be a hassle. Unless you are coming only for the wrestling...but if you were you would come even with the hassle.

It is likely a once in a lifetime event. Bring your kids so when they are adults they can tell their kids they were part of this. You don't even have to love wrestling to have a good time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT