ADVERTISEMENT

***Iowa to the Holiday Bowl vs. USC*** Will Remove TigerHawks and add Decal to Honor Fry and Bump

I’ve watched USC a few times. A couple real good receivers. They are pretty quick to ditch their running game and will against The Hawks front 7. Their QB might put it up 45-50 times. Hawks should move the ball offensively need to finish drives!

Reactions: dbrocket
No. They'll be lucky to have 30k fans watching on tv, let alone being at the game.
I worked there when they played Wisconsin in 2015. I know how many fans they will have there. It will probably be closer to the 25,000 than 30,000. Attendance was just under 50,000 with it being about 50/50.

Last edited:
I don't doubt they are better than most, but how much better are they than Penn. St. and Minnesota on offense? We gave up 17 and 19 to them, respectively.

And I believe Phil will have a damn good gameplan for them with almost 3 weeks to prepare.

Edit: I'm also not really sure how motivated they'll be in this game, how much they'll care, whether their best guys will all play (ours will), etc.
minny had a good start vs psu. other than that they didn't do much the rest of the game or vs ia/wi. I'm not sold on minny. Sure their O stats are great, but they didn't really play many good teams outside those. (of course usc played in the pac, so who knows :) )

a quick look at the usc depth chart(if accurate) shows tons of underclassmen, so it certainly won't be the last game for most of them.

Reactions: dbrocket
Their frosh qb looks pretty good(from what I've seen at least, certainly don't watch them all the time). They'll likely put some points up vs us. If we play the 2nd half like we have lately, we might need a 30 points lead at half.
Not sure if mentioned yet, but USCs QB was coached by Kurt Warner in high school. I agree, he looks pretty good.

Reactions: surftime
Beating USC ... no I don’t care if they are 8-4... would be a massive program win.

10 wins
Top 15
Win over USC

That’s big guys
Do I root for the clowns to win so we would be guaranteed a jump over nd?
I don't like ND, which makes it a little easier, but still!!
If we win I think I have to root for the fools :(

Well, that's because those conferences align with bowls in their region. It's hard for the Big Ten to dictate to other conferences what bowls they should have tie-ins to.
Fight to kill the tie ins/contracts!! Why do they think they same ole games in the same places are more interesting than new matchups in new places?

A few people in this thread are just saying shit hoping it sticks.
It is time for Iowa to win against a pac ten team!! I have been at the Stanford (RoseBowl) game, Arizona game in Tucson, the Arizona State game in Tempe and one Rose bowl in the Hayden era. All losses. It seems we are always flat and one step slower than the opposing team when we travel West. I believe this team has more overall team speed and can keep up. We need to avoid starting out like we have in the past and take it to em early. Go Hawks!!! I will not be attending this game in person so that may help.

Hahahaha your making shit up as you go.

Check USC'S twitter and then get back to me.

Glad to see mentioning wanting Iowa to be better a program still triggers the low IQ posters.

minny had a good start vs psu. other than that they didn't do much the rest of the game or vs ia/wi. I'm not sold on minny. Sure their O stats are great, but they didn't really play many good teams outside those. (of course usc played in the pac, so who knows :) )

a quick look at the usc depth chart(if accurate) shows tons of underclassmen, so it certainly won't be the last game for most of them.

I think Minnesota's QB and WRs are for real (especially the WRS), but I agree on the team as a whole - good, not great (like us this year, to be fair).

Reactions: Eternal Return
When's the last time we beat a Pac-10 team outside of Kinnick? Is it really Washington in the Sun Bowl when I was undergrad? That seems like forever ago lol.

It is time for Iowa to win against a pac ten team!! I have been at the Stanford (RoseBowl) game, Arizona game in Tucson, the Arizona State game in Tempe and one Rose bowl in the Hayden era. All losses. It seems we are always flat and one step slower than the opposing team when we travel West. I believe this team has more overall team speed and can keep up. We need to avoid starting out like we have in the past and take it to em early. Go Hawks!!! I will not be attending this game in person so that may help.
I agree. I was at the Rose Bowl in 2015 myself. Watching the ASU game a few years ago out there was another bad one. Hawks gotta start playing better out west.

I used to live in Poway which is a suburb of San Diego and if your looking for a winter escape it's pretty nice. The ocean will be cool in December so don't expect to go body surfing though.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Their frosh qb looks pretty good(from what I've seen at least, certainly don't watch them all the time). They'll likely put some points up vs us. If we play the 2nd half like we have lately, we might need a 30 points lead at half.

The most we’ve given up is 24 this season. How many do you think USC scores on us? Their defense is comparable to teams we’ve beaten comfortably. You just hating on Iowa or do you have data to support your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: yrunvs
Low IQ and a chicken shit? What a combination.

That enough proof for you? Go back to the gutter where you belong you low IQ clown.

So just because a segment of the USC fanbase feels the same way about their football program as you do about the Iowa program somehow proves that we should all feel that way?

Get bent.

Iowa is going to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.
They named it San Diego, which of course, in German, means a whale’s vagina.

ELSr8qQWoAENm7a

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT