ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Tourney

EastIowaHawk

HR Heisman
Jan 6, 2008
Iowa City West loses to North Scott (in semifionals) and their two D1 guards (Stewart- Creighton, Seales-North Dakota). Connor McCaffrey- 0 field goals and finished with three free throws.

It's been a tourney of upsets and close games thus far. Pella Christian beat Western Christian and then Regina beat PC by 22. Now Regina has a chance to call themselves the best basketball team in 2A, which is a lie but hey that can happen in a tournament setting. The NCAA tournament is a prime example.

Originally posted by jdw10224405:
All MAC 4A final. North Scott vs. Pleasant Valley. Teams split in the regular season.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

The first time they played this season Pleasant Valley won a close game on the road at North Scott. The second time they played, Pleasant Valley lost a close game at home without their leading scorer Will Carius (averages close to 20 pts. a game). In fact, PV's only two loses were the two games Carius was injured and didn't play. I would think with Carius healthy PV will be favored but North Scott is playing very good right now. Should be a fun game to watch!

I just turned on the stream and they were handing out awards for academic all state honors. It reminded me that I want to make sure I teach my son how to shake a hand like you mean it.

Originally posted by EastIowaHawk:
Iowa City West loses to North Scott (in semifionals) and their two D1 guards (Stewart- Creighton, Seales-North Dakota). Connor McCaffrey- 0 field goals and finished with three free throws.
McCaffery (note the spelling) was not the only one for West who finished with 0 goals. Funny thing I thought I saw him make a three early in the game.

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Regina loses. Today is a good day.

Awful coaching trying to run clock w 6 mins left, Cardinals amped up the D and made Regina pee down their leg. Great win by Treynor. W Iowa is now the capital of 2A Iowa BB. ;)

and late in game.....mcfranny travels to give the ball back an secure the win for NS.........

I believe it was DiLeo who had 0 goals and finished w/ 3 points.

"Now Regina has a chance to call themselves the best basketball team in 2A, which is a lie but hey that can happen in a tournament setting."

Originally posted by 77clone:
and late in game.....mcfranny travels to give the ball back an secure the win for NS.........
Yes, he did. But you seem to enjoy making up a name and piling on the kid. Could it be because you are a clone? And he is a kid, a sophomore, by the way.

Did Iowa give Stewart (Creighton bound) a look? The North Scott guard was the best player on the floor yesterday.

Conner McCaffrey is an excellent prospect, but he is only a sophomore, he will be a good D1 player.

Originally posted by Randon:
Did Iowa give Stewart (Creighton bound) a look? The North Scott guard was the best player on the floor yesterday.
A North Scott guard was indeed the best player on the floor, but it sure as hell wasn't Stewart.

Originally posted by Ladell-hawk:
Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

High school basketball really needs a shot clock. Anybody know why Iowa hasn't added it yet?

Cost?

All the low scoring games  were tough to watch.  Didn't seem to be a lot of senior talent in the state this year.

I believe there is now a push to get a shot clock in the HS game but cost is a big factor then you need people that can run it properly.

Yup. Then debate about how long it should be, etc etc.

What you'll end up seeing is either more fouls or more bad shots. Not necessarily an increase in scoring....

Teams just play tighter/closer to the vest down at State. Blame the coaches.

watching a hard hitting low scoring defensive game to me is fine. It is real basketball not the show off show me the money you see so much of anymore.

Originally posted by unIowa:
Originally posted by Ladell-hawk:
Originally posted by 2432Hawk:

High school basketball really needs a shot clock. Anybody know why Iowa hasn't added it yet?

Cost?

All the low scoring games were tough to watch. Didn't seem to be a lot of senior talent in the state this year.

I believe there is now a push to get a shot clock in the HS game but cost is a big factor then you need people that can run it properly.
Agreed, but it's painful to watch a team hold the ball for a minute or so. I can't imagine the cost would be that prohibitive. Maybe they could experiment with a 45 second shot clock for starters or 35 like college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT