ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa United 2020

Jan 16, 2020
Hey guys just wanted to announce that we will be returning to the TBT Tournament this summer!! (Provided we play of course) and will be announcing the team tomorrow at 12 noon on our twitter page at @iowatbt.

We have a roster of 10 guys that we are excited about. 2 Cyclones, 2 Hawkeyes, 2 Bulldogs, 1 other and 3 "Grad Transfers". I have worked closely with both Jeff Horner and Marcus Fizer recruiting what we think is a far more competitive team than last year that you guys will be excited about. Unfortunately we are not able at this time to get a UNI player, I will say it was not for a lack of trying. Our call list for this year was over 120 players in total!

We also have a lot planned for you as fans. We will do our typical marketing week for each player leading up to the tournament, helping you get to know them better, but now we will have more giveaways! Autographed balls, Trivia Day to win an autographed Iowa United practice jerseys, Beer gift cards (Mmmmm...Beer), and a community event to meet the players, coaches and staff.

We want to thank our awesome sponsors Reclaimed Rails, Uptown Garage Brewing, and Newton Apparel for all their help. 3 great Iowa businesses.

Again..@iowatbt at 12 noon tomorrow. Thank you for all of your support.

Matthew Crawford
GM Iowa United

Roster looks solid.

What's the risk that there are several late dropouts like last year though?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Roster looks solid.

What's the risk that there are several late dropouts like this year though?

Not as high? If so we have a bullpen of sorts this year just in case. Probably 5 guys.

What makes it difficult is after June 15th if anybody drops out it costs me a $1000 per player to add someone new. Kind of a crappy deal because obviously a lot can happen in 6 weeks.

Is Aaron white playing for another team again? Seemed like he was stuck on the bench and would have gotten a lot of PT for this team last year.

Is Aaron white playing for another team again? Seemed like he was stuck on the bench and would have gotten a lot of PT for this team last year.

We had some correspondence but just didnt materialize for us. From what I know he may be playing for a new team this year that's also very good.

You do understand that worked out perfectly for everyone involved right? It gave her a massive voice and got us on ESPN.
Sorry you were so disappointed. You seem fun. Have a good one.
Don't get Legend12 mad; when that happens, he either will tell you to kill yourself or hope you get the coronavirus and die a slow, painful death.

And what's sad is there are posters on here who have lost loved ones to suicide and other posters like @Suterman who have lost friends and/or loved ones to the coronavirus.

Last edited:
Iowa United has a World Cup sound to it. It's good.

Ha.. Yeah we have a good marketing team that came up with that and the logo. The original design had a Manchester United look to it but the tournament nixed that idea.

It fits though...uniting the state around one team and its fan bases. We have plenty of time and events to beat each other up on... nice to have one we can be together for.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
This team could do some good things, last year was weak brah.

Yeah losing Jok and Fizer shortly before the tournament and Reed unfortunately giving us an unexpected zero...was not what we envisioned for sure.
Last year we asked every guy you could think of. This year we have to turn guys away...part of building a team from scratch. Trust me..I hope we do better for everyone too.

Yeah losing Jok and Fizer shortly before the tournament and Reed unfortunately giving us an unexpected zero...was not what we envisioned for sure.
Last year we asked every guy you could think of. This year we have to turn guys away...part of building a team from scratch. Trust me..I hope we do better for everyone too.

Can Andre Woolridge and Chauncey Leslie still play? Adam Haluska?

When is the tournament scheduled, as in month/days?

Still very confident this will go on. It helps that each team is kind of its own entity so we don't really have ramp up time like the NBA would need camps and things of that nature so the flexibility is pretty high.
Last week of July. We will most likely go back to Wichita.

You do understand that worked out perfectly for everyone involved right? It gave her a massive voice and got us on ESPN.
Sorry you were so disappointed. You seem fun. Have a good one.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Legend12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT