ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v Big10 West 2023

fearthefuture21

Scout Team
Jul 22, 2021
So far Iowa has lost a ton and done what outside of Cade and Eric? Meanwhile Nebraska just locked in a former 5* from Georgia at LB, Wisconsin has gotten multiple threats at WR. How the hell can Kirk continue to not care about the portal yet everyone around Iowa keep stacking up players? This team as it stands today may get 3rd if they catch every bounce their way this upcoming year.

So far Iowa has lost a ton and done what outside of Cade and Eric? Meanwhile Nebraska just locked in a former 5* from Georgia at LB, Wisconsin has gotten multiple threats at WR. How the hell can Kirk continue to not care about the portal yet everyone around Iowa keep stacking up players? This team as it stands today may get 3rd if they catch every bounce their way this upcoming year.
The next time Iowa beats either of those teams in the off season will be the first. Nebraska is the multi time defending National Champion off season award winner. But this coach, this one is the one. He doesn't have that horrible baggage that the last coach had, you remember him 'other teams will have to adjust to how they play' , he doesn't have that west coast issue like the savior before him either.....this time, they mean it, this time it is the right one.

Kirk has tried. Other than the two you mentioned and few others, Iowa's targets have picked other schools.

One note on the Nebraska transfer from Georgia. He finished the 2022 season with 5 tackles, and half a sack. In 39 career games (mostly on special teams), he has a total of 15 tackles, and 1 TFL. He may end up being a major contributor for Nebraska, but he was never a starter or a significant contributor at Georgia.

The other Nebraska transfers in are similar. Chief Borders (Florida) had 3 tackles, and has played a total of 14 defensive snaps.

Elijah Jeudy has a tackle in his career.

Corey Collier has a tackle in his career.

So while it is possible (and Nebraska will) spin this as having 4 transfers from the SEC join their program, none of those transfers has proven themselves as defensive contributors at their former school.

One note on the Nebraska transfer from Georgia. He finished the 2022 season with 5 tackles, and half a sack. In 39 career games (mostly on special teams), he has a total of 15 tackles, and 1 TFL. He may end up being a major contributor for Nebraska, but he was never a starter or a significant contributor at Georgia.

The other Nebraska transfers in are similar. Chief Borders (Florida) had 3 tackles, and has played a total of 14 defensive snaps.

So while it is possible (and Nebraska will) spin this as having 4 transfers from the SEC join their program, none of those transfers has proven themselves as defensive contributors at their former school.
Ahh man, they suck again!

Knebbers has new coaches, new schemes, and many players who are still loyal to the former coaching staff.

I see them with 3 - 4 wins max the first couple of years.

Ruhle normally leaves after a couple of years then it will be Wash - Rinse - Repeat for Snack Cakes U all over again.

Our road schedule, besides Ohio State, was about as easy as it gets this past year. Never easy to win in Happy Valley or Madison, and Evanston can be tricky too.
No, I agree with you. Thats why I don't think its an easy schedule. No we don't play OSU or Michigan, but we'll be tested and will have to earn those victories. Any B1G game especially on the road is a battle. People disregard both Iowa and Purdue opening a can of whoop ass on OSU in back to back seasons at home. You show up for the game, or you get beat.

Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Like Joe would say , Come on Man ! Besides Cade and Eric, we have Seth Anderson, Daijon Parker and Deacon Hill. They all may turnout to be better than the guys the fuskers have brought in.

A quick search may have helped you see besides the two you listed are an Offensive lineman, QB, and a wide receiver.

• Haha
We will see how Ray Finkel works out at Wisconsin.

• Haha

In the land of the 5 stars he couldn't compete.

And here I thought this thread was going to be about a preview of on the field games and records for the upcoming season.

I hope the OP knows that we just had the best middle linebacker in the nation the last 2 years and that we will probably have very good to great lnbkr play in 2023. We will play against this 5* lnbkr at Nebby next year.

WReceiver is always a concern at Iowa and it would be great to get one decent transfer with college experience. But at the same time I am hoping that if Brecht is going to play he is healthy and has a breakout Ed Hinkle kind of year.

• Haha
Lol. Just stop.

• Haha
And here I thought this thread was going to be about a preview of on the field games and records for the upcoming season.

I hope the OP knows that we just had the best middle linebacker in the nation the last 2 years and that we will probably have very good to great lnbkr play in 2023. We will play against this 5* lnbkr at Nebby next year.

WReceiver is always a concern at Iowa and it would be great to get one decent transfer with college experience. But at the same time I am hoping that if Brecht is going to play he is healthy and has a breakout Ed Hinkle kind of year.
We have a decent transfer with college experience and good bloodlines. I'd love to see a healthy Brecht focus more on football. He could be a good one. But I fear his money is coming from baseball.

The Iowa D is going to be taking a slight step back next year. Cade is a solid QB but he had the best OL in college FB during the 2021 season along with a top 5 running game. He won't have that at Iowa. He also won't have anywhere near the WR talent. The only upgrade or possible push would be at TE. I'm not expecting much improvement next year even in the mediocre B1G West.

No B1G west title. All the usual suspects in place on this shitty offense for 2023, stay the course 7-5... again.
JFC, usual suspects? So you don’t think we’re getting an upgrade at QB? Our running backs are good/great, they’re back(even with this horrible offense). The Oline should be better and we have good/really good TE’s.
WR’s, who knows, but I’m excited to see what these new guys can do. Try optimism some time, you may like it.

• Haha
No B1G west title. All the usual suspects in place on this shitty offense for 2023, stay the course 7-5... again.
Even with the same sh!tty offensive system we will be better. A good QB will overcome this and would have 3 more wins last year against: ISU, IL and NE. Look for the line to improve significantly and we are going 9-3 or better next year. Easy schedule however Wiscy could take the West, will come down to that road game in Madison.

Even with the same sh!tty offensive system we will be better. A good QB will overcome this and would have 3 more wins last year against: ISU, IL and NE. Look for the line to improve significantly and we are going 9-3 or better next year. Easy schedule however Wiscy could take the West, will come down to that road game in Madison.
I’d say 8 and 4 with all road losses at Iowa State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. Think we will be the Big Ten West preseason favorite but Wisconsin wins it.

I like the optimism, every fan base deserves to express hope. Never understood fans that make wild guesses about what would or could have happened if things didn’t happen like they actually happened. It’s bizarre, it’s no different than saying, “if we would have won every game we’d be undefeated!”. I’m a realist and seeing what we lose on defense, I’m going to say, we fall in the range of 6-6 to 12-0.

I like the optimism, every fan base deserves to express hope. Never understood fans that make wild guesses about what would or could have happened if things didn’t happen like they actually happened. It’s bizarre, it’s no different than saying, “if we would have won every game we’d be undefeated!”. I’m a realist and seeing what we lose on defense, I’m going to say, we fall in the range of 6-6 to 12-0.
Here at 8 am, emojiboy? Would you say we are the first and last thing you think about every day? Is it fair to say that we've been the biggest influence in your day to day life?

• Wow
Go hide under your bed. My god some of you are scared, worried, and really have no idea how it works…especially the star counters

• Haha
No, I agree with you. Thats why I don't think it’s an easy schedule. No we don't play OSU or Michigan, but we'll be tested and will have to earn those victories. Any B1G game especially on the road is a battle. People disregard both Iowa and Purdue opening a can of whoop ass on OSU in back to back seasons at home. You show up for the game, or you get beat.
A big ten schedule or game is never easy for anyone outside if OSU

• Haha
Cannot beat a coachless, five consecutive loser, awful Nebby team, at home on senior day. Now we roll Nebby with a new proven coach and a bunch of good players coming in. Ya Ok. Every program in the country tries to get better. Kirk stays the same. Not good. You will see.
Careful or you’ll be labeled a nebby troll. Some of these posters enjoy the echo chamber over here.

• Wow
Our road schedule, besides Ohio State, was about as easy as it gets this past year. Never easy to win in Happy Valley or Madison, and Evanston can be tricky too.
Yeah,got hope the Wiscy will be down as they break in new schemes. It will be interesting to see if they still have a stout dee. NW I see as a definite win. Happy Valley will be the most difficult. But I would rather go there any day than OSU.

Careful or you’ll be labeled a nebby troll. Some of these posters enjoy the echo chamber over here.
You get labeled a Nebby troll because you are one. You can't spend all your time here for more than a decade and expect us to not notice, right? Do you think it would be correct to say that the Iowa fanbase owns you? I mean, we're pretty much all you've got in your life, right?

• Haha

I do like when people throw out a players star ranking still after 3-4 years of being in college like for these guys. It's one thing if a kid transfers after his red shirt or freshman year then I get the argument there is potential there and talk about how high he was for recruiting. But for some guys like the LB from GA he's not a 5* talent or come close to living up to that hype. No disrespect it's like Kent St who got Dallas Craddieth is bragging about how they got a former 4* safety from Iowa.

As for roster changes and all the talk for wisconsin and nebraska it's because they have new coaches and bringing in new systems and players. Programs always get a little more publicity when new coach comes in a brings a sense of optimism until the 1st game is played. I remember 5-6 years ago same narrative was talked about how Iowa was going to get surpassed by Fleck and Frosty and we saw how that turned out. Granted wisconsin has a lot more stable program so I'm not saying be shocked if they beat Iowa next year but just like this year Big 10 West has no dominate team and multiple teams can legitimately win it including Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT