ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v Big10 West 2023

The Iowa D is going to be taking a slight step back next year. Cade is a solid QB but he had the best OL in college FB during the 2021 season along with a top 5 running game. He won't have that at Iowa. He also won't have anywhere near the WR talent. The only upgrade or possible push would be at TE. I'm not expecting much improvement next year even in the mediocre B1G West.
I disagree. He will be a major major upgrade over what we have had to suffer thru at QB the last 3 years. We have a promising Star RB. The TEs will be as good as this year. WR and Oline can only be better. Do I expect Michigans offense,NO. But it doesn't have to be with our defense. I'm hoping the offense will be average and that should be good enough to win the West.

I disagree. He will be a major major upgrade over what we have had to suffer thru at QB the last 3 years. We have a promising Star RB. The TEs will be as good as this year. WR and Oline can only be better. Do I expect Michigans offense,NO. But it doesn't have to be with our defense. I'm hoping the offense will be average and that should be good enough to win the West.
I agree with you. Big thing is get a new OC and improvement can be seen. I think Kaleb Johnson is going to have a huge year and hopefully open up the passing game more for Cade. Schedule also helps avoiding Michigan and OSU for PSU who will be tough but get MSU who has had one of the worst passing Ds last 2 years under Tucker. Speaking of avg. if Iowa's offense was in the 90-100 range last year instead of 130th we probably finish 10-2. 9-3 at worst with a West title.

I agree with you. Big thing is get a new OC and improvement can be seen. I think Kaleb Johnson is going to have a huge year and hopefully open up the passing game more for Cade. Schedule also helps avoiding Michigan and OSU for PSU who will be tough but get MSU who has had one of the worst passing Ds last 2 years under Tucker. Speaking of avg. if Iowa's offense was in the 90-100 range last year instead of 130th we probably finish 10-2. 9-3 at worst with a West title.
With any offense at all,we win both the ISU and Illiwini games. We got the ball at the 5 on a TO and immediatley go backwards and settle for a frickin FG. We had a ball 'fumbled' at the goal line against ISU.

46e371a2-cc3d-42c1-9c48-c60ff6493126_text.gif

The Iowa D is going to be taking a slight step back next year. Cade is a solid QB but he had the best OL in college FB during the 2021 season along with a top 5 running game. He won't have that at Iowa. He also won't have anywhere near the WR talent. The only upgrade or possible push would be at TE. I'm not expecting much improvement next year even in the mediocre B1G West.

No B1G west title. All the usual suspects in place on this shitty offense for 2023, stay the course 7-5... again.
More of this reality ^^^^^^^^^^^^

And less of this Fantasy:

Forgot to add, we are going to win the west next season. Urgency is the real mother of invention.
and this board would be better. With our soft schedule and KFs consistency, he should be able to lead the hawks to 7-8 wins next season.

With any offense at all,we win both the ISU and Illiwini games. We got the ball at the 5 on a TO and immediatley go backwards and settle for a frickin FG. We had a ball 'fumbled' at the goal line against ISU.
Not arguing our offense's ineptness, but teams with good offense's turn the ball over also. We had a couple of games we could have won had it not been for untimely turnovers, one of which was on special teams.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
More of this reality ^^^^^^^^^^^^

And less of this Fantasy:

and this board would be better. With our soft schedule and KFs consistency, he should be able to lead the hawks to 7-8 wins next season.
Naturally, no way. Just a fantasy.

Except we did it just one season back, with a much worse QB, similar receivers, and we'll probably upgrade at TE, I am of the school that Lachey is going to be great full time. Johnson is probably better than Goodson so there is another probably upgrade.

The defense and special teams will just keep doing what they always do.

So naturally failure should be the only realistic outcome.

• Wow
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT