ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Volleyball

Did anyone see the National Championship game last night?
20,000 fans and Wisconsin beat Nebraska in an exciting game. This sport is really taking over as far as a female sport.

Reactions: Carlton and GOHOX69
Anyone go to the volleyball games? How many fans are in attendance? Looks like most of the Big 10 schools get pretty big crowds. Nebraska sells out around 8,000.

The volleyball teams have 6-8, 6-9 women that can jump really high. I wonder what the basketball coaches think.
Dunno but back in the day you could sit basically courtside. Worth the 0 to 2 dollar price of admission. Never cared about the score :)

I’m not sure how accurate this is but I heard a bunch of players are on the portal. No surprise I guess.
this program is going to be bad for a while no matter who takes over.

I’m not sure how accurate this is but I heard a bunch of players are on the portal. No surprise I guess.
this program is going to be bad for a while no matter who takes over.
The CollegeVBTransfers Twitter feed has Hannah Clayton in the portal. Only Hawk I've seen there so far. I don't know how complete that listing is, though.

I'm guessing Buzzerio has eligibility left if she wants to use it. You'd think she'd be a hot item in the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkalumni7
Anyone go to the volleyball games? How many fans are in attendance? Looks like most of the Big 10 schools get pretty big crowds. Nebraska sells out around 8,000.
That's cause Nebraska is a volleyball school. And bowling, too.

Female sports pay the bills. The balloons don't fly as well, but the football team has plenty left from the last four years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkalumni7
The legend from Penn St retired, so the "carousel" is now spinning in full force. Iowa AGAIN is blowing it. The last time I actually was happy Barta stepped up and spent money and hired Bond, not sure what the hold up is right now. The great coaches are getting jobs, fast. Assumed there would be a coach named after the Final 4/AVCA convention in Columbus, where most of the deals were done.

Hoping the finishing touches on a contract are being put together. New coach will need to immediately hit the portal. Every day that passes more players are picked up by other teams.

After reading the history of this coach and talking with a Big 10 coach in the know I am very optimistic about this hire.
He has a strong history in turning around programs. 3 very bad programs that he impressively rebuilt.
Lamar: won the conference championship in 2nd season.
Baylor: Sweet 16 in 5th season. His recruits went to Final Four including POY Yossi Pressley.
Tulane: won 29 games in 3rd season. And NIVC finals run.

Big names in coaching backing this. Going to be a tough job but I’m really like this hire.

Reactions: LinusPF and BDJHawk
Probably as good of a hire as we could hope for under the circumstances. I'm a bit curious why he left Baylor for Tulane. If he wanted to get back to Louisiana and home, I could see that, but then why leave Tulane?

Probably as good of a hire as we could hope for under the circumstances. I'm a bit curious why he left Baylor for Tulane. If he wanted to get back to Louisiana and home, I could see that, but then why leave Tulane?
i suppose he could have continued living in Waco, but leaving Baylor wasn’t his decision.

Seems to be more to that story. That’s the same time those rapes at Baylor happened.

This was national news.
Apparently VB players were raped and there was a cover up by the school. President/ AD / Football coach got fired.

Where is the word "volleyball" in that story

Last edited:
Reactions: BDJHawk
If you google it. You will find that the central part of what blew up the Baylor scandal was that 5 football players raped a VB player.
There is a bunch of info on it.

Art Briles is one of the biggest POS ever involved with college sports.

Just watched the press conference on YouTube. Very impressive speech from the new coach. Pushing recruiting the Iowa kids hard and many other inspirational comments. Sounds like I would want my daughters to play for him. Wish him and the VB program the best!

Reactions: CleteyColgate
Anyone hear the radio show @KCJJ yesterday? Can’t be but impressed. Had the crew fired up for Iowa Volleyball.

The CollegeVBTransfers Twitter feed has Hannah Clayton in the portal. Only Hawk I've seen there so far. I don't know how complete that listing is, though.

I'm guessing Buzzerio has eligibility left if she wants to use it. You'd think she'd be a hot item in the portal.

Buzzerio transferring to Pitt :( Would have been huge for coach Barnes to persuade her to stay in the program.

Heard both Courtney and Hannah were already in the works of transferring before Barnes got here. Keeping Amiya Jones was a huge get. She was in portal to but stayed. Will be an almost total rebuild.

Reactions: BDJHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT