ADVERTISEMENT

iowa vs baylor

Originally posted by BRANDONJ8:

will be a tough matchup for iowa on Friday night.
Yeah, although Iowa State beat the Bears a couple of weeks ago, so they aren't invincible by any means. Also, they don't have that tall guy anymore.

Beating them at Hilton isn't the same as beating them at Okie City. Thanks ISU for waking them up.

The problem is Baylor is playing angry and motivated. Iowa certainly has the scoring "ability" to match Baylor's offense.....however there's also some defense that needs to be played, and that side of the ball favors the Bears.

If the Hawks can force Baylor into a cold shooting stretch (or stretches), and get on a few runs of their own, then they'll certainly have a shot. Or if Baylor misses on their own with layups, open threes and FTs......which would be nice of them to do.

But if both teams are on their game, then this one favors Baylor keeping Iowa at bay.

Still...aside from the obvious historical accomplishment of making the Elite 8, beating a program like Baylor would rank as maybe the top win of Lisa Bluder's career. I can't think of too many other "elite" programs since Bluder has been here, that Iowa has pulled off a win over. Baylor has spent most of the season in the top 3-8 teams and they've had such a program for the last decade or so.

A win would also give us some revenge for Baylor beating the men in the NIT championship a couple of years ago.

And for those who are looking too far ahead and want to know what time Iowa would be playing on Sunday if they get past Baylor, it will be at 7:30 PM CST on ESPN from the entry on this page...

http://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

Sunday 03/29/2015 8:30 PM Division I Women's Basketball Oklahoma City Regional Final - Iowa (3) / Baylor (2) vs. Stanford (4) / Notre Dame (1) ESPN Live

The women can beat Baylor. They just need to keep running hard like they have been and get Baylor to realize they won't quit.

In the women's tourney, in each regional, the teams that are left are the 1,2, 3, and 4 seeds.

I've noticed in other years that the women's sweet sixteen are very close to being the perfect bracket whereas the men's sweet 16 always has several lower seeds.

Hoping the team didn't try to fly down to Ok City today. Sounds like there was some nasty tornado weather down there today.

Originally posted by conn53victor:
Hawkeyes Arrive in Oklahoma City

"The Hawkeyes were greeted in Oklahoma by a brisk wind and temperature in the 80s. Iowa practiced Wednesday morning in Iowa City and will unwind this evening at The Mantel in Oklahoma City."
It sounds like if they'd left later in the day they'd have had problems getting in to Oklahoma City. It sounds like Notre Dame's flight was diverted from Oklahoma City later in the day.... I wonder if that might affect Notre Dame's play if Iowa can get past Baylor...

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article16340588.html

It isn't just the 1, 2, 3, and 4 seeds. Texas ia a 5, Dayton is a 7, Gonzaga is an 11.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT