ADVERTISEMENT

* * * Iowa vs Gonzaga * * * NCAA basketball Tourney Game Thread

KuwaitHawk

HB Legend
Apr 18, 2004
Hello Hawkeye fans and welcome to the next game in the NCAA tourney. The NCAA calls it round 3, but we also know it as the round of 32 (actually the second round in old school terms). It is #7 seed Iowa playing #2 seed Gonzaga. It has been a long time since Iowa played in this round. Not many people picked Iowa to get this far and even fewer are picking Iowa to win this game. What makes this interesting is that Gonzaga has had a habit of losing in this round. It is going to be a much tougher game since this is (almost) a home game for Gonzaga since their campus is only 250 miles away. If Iowa can play with the same emotion and intensity as they did on Friday, Iowa CAN win this game. The obvious things are good defense, minimize the turnovers, take advantage of the Gonzaga turnovers and control the boards. Iowa is on a mission this season and a win continues the mission. Knowing that the winner gets #11 seed UCLA is enough reason to motivate the players. This is going to be a tough game. One of the best round of 32 games today. Not knowing the history of the #2 vs. #7 seed, I am split on my decision. With that said this is another head verses heart game. My brackets have Iowa in one and Gonzaga in the other (this is a money pool for both brackets). I am going to go with the heart and say Iowa wins by 3. GO HAWKS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News