ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Indiana and Iowa at Iowa State

BigTenChamps04

HB All-State
Aug 4, 2019
Let's talk actual football! Obviously 2 huge games right off the bat. I really like this Iowa team and think they're going to be playing great football by mid October. My one worry is the DL early in the year. Iowa's DL should be pretty salty by Penn State week but it's going to take some time and mistakes will happen.

I think the Iowa offense is going to have to step up to the plate the first 2 weeks if this team wants to achieve their goals and have a dream season! I see both Indiana and Iowa State being able to move the ball on Iowa early in the year. Can Iowa score 30 points in both contests? If they can, I see a victory in each game. I'm hopeful the game plan is aggressive and they come out of the gates with a full offense. Iowa has often been very vanilla early in the year, I don't think that works this season.

Need to get Goodson and Tracy a lot of touches through as many different looks as possible. Jet sweeps, wildcat, read/option, short passes, screens early in the possession. Iowa will have to get to manageable 3rd downs. 3rd and 7+ doesn't bode well for Iowa (or many teams).

24 DAYS UNTIL FOOTBALL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News