ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Mich St Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6:00pm FS1
MSU -2.5

MSU isn’t great this year, they’ve lost 3 of the last 4 games (PU, IL and IN). Although the Hawks historically don’t win at the Breslin Center. Izzo’s home court refs are tough to beat. Unfortunately I’m going to miss another game tonight due to kids sports.

my prediction: 77-65 MSU

For those wanting to listen to the radio broadcast, here are 2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

Shortly before ONE HOUR before tip, go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs Michigan State." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 5:00 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 5:00 pm CT), the game (6:00 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

When playing MSU, it's always 5 on 9.

Interesting game tonight. Hawks are capable of winning, but they normally don't do well in road games against teams that have been struggling.

No prediction from me. MSU will probably win, but on the other hand Iowa will likely play better than they did against OSU.

I predict a ton of bitching and whining about Izzo and the officiating in this thread.

I’ll build off that and add a lot of posters who bitch about Fran’s coaching, specifically they know more about minutes and sub patterns than Fran.

Added to the officiating complaints will be people blaming a loss (hopefully not) on officiating and that there is a B1G conspiracy against the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez

damn-it-what-can-i-say.gif

There needs to be two separate threads for games on here. This usual game thread and also a "Refs are Completely Infallible" version of the game thread as well.

That way one of the threads won't be derailed about the bitching about erroneous reffing complaints, especially when the blame belongs to Iowa for not being good enough to overcome the typical B1G officiating and the opposing team & their home court advantages (if on the road, like tonight).

Then such people wouldn't need to read the game threads to 'laugh at idiots for blaming anyone but Iowa', but still always feel the need to read/comment anyways even when they know what to expect every damn conference game.

indeed. the dean of b1g coaches deserves more respect. he was probably the only guy who spoke well of iowa and stood up for lickliter when he was here. he is a proponent of physicality the way basketball is meant to be played and requests fair treatment from the officials as is his due.
Actually, basketball was never meant to be played as physical as it is today.

There needs to be two separate threads for games on here. This usual game thread and also a "Refs are Completely Infallible" version of the game thread as well.

That way one of the threads won't be derailed about the bitching about erroneous reffing complaints, especially when the blame belongs to Iowa for not being good enough to overcome the typical B1G officiating and the opposing team & their home court advantages (if on the road, like tonight).

Then such people wouldn't need to read the game threads to 'laugh at idiots for blaming anyone but Iowa', but still always feel the need to read/comment anyways even when they know what to expect every damn conference game.
Which thread do the posters that always complain that the announcers are favoring the other team post in?

Well I see we only get Courtney Green from the zebra goon squad. Anyone know who the other 2 guys are?

Kris grabbed on that interior feed. That's why he bobbled and couldn't get it before it went out of bounds.

But of course, no whistle.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT