ADVERTISEMENT

***Iowa vs Northwestern WBB Game***

Did Czinano already have 5 rebounds in 4 minutes? Though she already has two fouls. Too aggressive on trying to get the offensive rebound.

This game has been ugly. Offensive foul against Martin was a bogus call. Gabbie got run over on an illegal screen that wasn't called. Refs going to be a factor i'm afraid.

Iowa is totally psyched out on offense. We look afraid to pass the ball because we know how quick their defense is to jump the passing lanes. Credit to Northwestern, they're the only B1G defense well coached and athletic enough to take Iowa out of so many of our actions -- cuts, drive and dumps, kick outs, the lob into Czinano -- they are covering everything well. But we are making it too easy by standing around for the majority of some possessions! :rolleyes:

When Czinano has more rebounds than points, you know something's off lmao. Her missed bunnies at the very beginning of the game also killed our chance of starting out with some momentum.

Is McKenna OK? Some airball misses, and I see all the fingers in her left hand are taped up like they're in a mitten of athletic tape. What is the extent of her injury from the PSU game?

Besides all that, is this not one of the worst officiated games of the year? Ticky tacky fouls being called at random on both teams makes it hard for anyone to scheme. Yet nothing being called when they reach in to swipe our drives. Also that travel that should have been a jump ball.

edit: One of the few positives I can find is that we're winning the offensive rebound margin. Let's hope we can keep it up!

Last edited:
Iowa is totally psyched out on offense. We look afraid to pass the ball because we know how quick their defense is to jump the passing lanes. Credit to Northwestern, they're the only B1G defense well coached and athletic enough to take Iowa out of so many of our actions -- cuts, drive and dumps, kick outs, the lob into Czinano -- they are covering everything well. But we are making it to easy by standing around for the majority of some possessions! :rolleyes:

When Czinano has more rebounds than points, you know something's off lmao. Her missed bunnies at the very beginning of the game also killed our chance of starting out with some momentum.

Is McKenna OK? Some airball misses, and I see all the fingers in her left hand are taped up like they're in a mitten of athletic tape. What is the extent of her injury from the PSU game?

Besides all that, is this not one of the worst officiated games of the year? Ticky tacky fouls being called at random on both teams makes it hard for anyone to scheme. Yet nothing being called when they reach in to swipe our drives. Also that travel that should have been a jump ball.
Agree that they stand around on offense too much. Seems like we have one mode of attack, feed (or force) the ball in to Czinano. Not much screening going on to create open shots.

Northwestern does play good defense most of the time.

Reactions: undersized_post
I don't see us pulling this out. Bluder cannot see that NW has her offense figured out. And NW is knocking down the 3s that weren't falling. NW will likely win by double digits.

I got angry at my screen when I saw that too
If she's not comfortable shooting then she shouldn't be in the game. Bring in someone that's not going to hesitate. Refs need to call a freaking over the back as NW has been over the back all night.

Going to overtime. Notherwestern made a buzzer beater but did not get it off in time because the clock inappropriately stopped.

ADVERTISEMENT