141- Okie St. by decision 6-3
149- Lugo by decision 9-3
157- Young by decision 12-3
165- Bull by decision 15-3
174- Okie State major 15-7
184- Okie State by decision 15-10
197- Warner by decision 18-10
285- Okie St. by decision 18-13 Iowa
Picc has looked really good. But if Lee is back to regularLee, this is major at a minimum. Probably 5 or 6. If Lee isn't back to himself it's probably a Lee decision.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
*125: Lee vs Piccininni

I’ve been really impressed with Picc so far this season. Solid on his feet and his top game has improved greatly. With that said, Lee dominated both matches last year, although he hasn’t looked the same this season, but he’s looking a lot better as of late. I like our guy. Lee Dec 3-0 Iowa

*133: DeSanto vs Fix

Oh baby! Fix is a stud and DeSanto is wrestling like a man on a mission. DeSanto is going to do his best to wear him out, but I’m not sure that’ll work against Fix. Both of these guys have huge gas tanks. I see this going like the Suriano match…for both wrestlers. It’s tight until the very end… who gets the late takedown? Going conservative here even though this is truly a toss-up. Fix Dec 3-3

*141: Murin/Turk vs Brock

Brock isn’t wrestling like he has the last couple of seasons. This isn’t the same Brock that took out Clark his senior year. But I can’t honestly say I see Iowa getting a win here with what I’ve seen from either Murin or Turk this season. Brock Dec 6-3 Okie St

*149: Lugo vs Gfeller

Gfeller is slick on his feet, but Lugo’s defense is legit. Lugo started out slow but is coming around. Lugo will need to slow down Gfellar from neutral to have a shot. I think he can do it, but I can’t pick Lugo due to his inconsistency to date. Gfeller Dec 9-3 Okie St

157: Young vs Sheets

Kaleb Young has been a nice surprise this season after moving down to 57. He brings a lot of energy and a high pace. I think he can break Sheets and has a chance at a major late in the match. Young MDec 9-7 Okie St

165: Marinelli vs Rogers

No one is stopping Bull right now. I really would hate to wrestle this kid. Rogers is still really good, but Bull controls the match. Marinelli Dec 10-9 Iowa

174: Bowman vs Joe Smith

Bowman has shown glimpses this year, but Smith is pretty slick on his feet. If Bowman can keep it close in the first two periods, he could have a chance late, but I could also see Smith putting up some significant points early. Smith Dec 12-10 Okie St

*184: Wilcke vs Jacobe Smith

Which Wilcke will we see? We need the one that attacks, if not Smith could control it throughout. Either way, it’ll be a close match. Smith Dec 15-10 Okie St

*197: Warner vs Geer

Another tight match and a must win for the Hawks. Warner is looking quicker and lighter on his feet as of late. I think he gets the job done. Warner Dec 15-13 Okie St

*Hwt: Stoll vs White

If I’m White I take top when it’s my decision. Stoll cannot stand up with that bad leg and everyone knows it. This match will be determined by a takedown and I’m fairly confident that White gets it. White Dec 18-13 Okie St

*Denotes toss-up matches (Yep, I’m considering 7 matches as a toss-up)

This entire meet is going to be lit / fire emoji / 100 emoji …. Whatever the cool kids are calling it. I see 7 match ups that could honestly go either way based on these match ups, which makes sense since these are 2 top 4 teams. I know Okie St had multiple guys weigh in light this last weekend as they’re shifting their upper weights around. That could benefit Iowa as I don’t think they can technically wrestle the lower weights quite yet, due to their decent plans.

125- Lee by dec.
133- Close but I am saying Fix by dec at home. AD is capable of winning though.
141- Even with Kaid slumping some I don't see anyone we have getting the win there. Prove me wrong Iowa 141s. Kaid by dec.
149- Toss up here, going with Lugo by dec..
157- If Young can't beat whoever they send out then we got problems.
165- Bull, maybe by major if Rodgers gasses bad.
174- Hoping to keep it to an osu dec.
184- Geer is a good wrestler but certainly not someone Wilke can't beat. He has beaten better. Jacobe is tough. I say Wilke over Geer or loss to Jacobe. Cash can win against either though.
197- Warner better stay off bottom or it will be Stoll on bottom vs Jensen and Hilger all over again. Weigel does not even try to disguise the stall ride with a figure 4 on the leg, just cover the hips.
285- Have to pick White by dec.

Reactions: donboy6499

I’ve been really impressed with Picc so far this season. Solid on his feet and his top game has improved greatly. With that said, Lee dominated both matches last year, although he hasn’t looked the same this season, but he’s looking a lot better as of late. I like our guy. Lee Dec 3-0 Iowa

Oh baby! Fix is a stud and DeSanto is wrestling like a man on a mission. DeSanto is going to do his best to wear him out, but I’m not sure that’ll work against Fix. Both of these guys have huge gas tanks. I see this going like the Suriano match…for both wrestlers. It’s tight until the very end… who gets the late takedown? Going conservative here even though this is truly a toss-up. Fix Dec 3-3

Brock isn’t wrestling like he has the last couple of seasons. This isn’t the same Brock that took out Clark his senior year. But I can’t honestly say I see Iowa getting a win here with what I’ve seen from either Murin or Turk this season. Brock Dec 6-3 Okie St

Gfeller is slick on his feet, but Lugo’s defense is legit. Lugo started out slow but is coming around. Lugo will need to slow down Gfellar from neutral to have a shot. I think he can do it, but I can’t pick Lugo due to his inconsistency to date. Gfeller Dec 9-3 Okie St

Kaleb Young has been a nice surprise this season after moving down to 57. He brings a lot of energy and a high pace. I think he can break Sheets and has a chance at a major late in the match. Young MDec 9-7 Okie St

No one is stopping Bull right now. I really would hate to wrestle this kid. Rogers is still really good, but Bull controls the match. Marinelli Dec 10-9 Iowa

Bowman has shown glimpses this year, but Smith is pretty slick on his feet. If Bowman can keep it close in the first two periods, he could have a chance late, but I could also see Smith putting up some significant points early. Smith Dec 12-10 Okie St

Which Wilcke will we see? We need the one that attacks, if not Smith could control it throughout. Either way, it’ll be a close match. Smith Dec 15-10 Okie St

Another tight match and a must win for the Hawks. Warner is looking quicker and lighter on his feet as of late. I think he gets the job done. Warner Dec 15-13 Okie St

If I’m White I take top when it’s my decision. Stoll cannot stand up with that bad leg and everyone knows it. This match will be determined by a takedown and I’m fairly confident that White gets it. White Dec 18-13 Okie St

This entire meet is going to be lit / fire emoji / 100 emoji …. Whatever the cool kids are calling it. I see 7 match ups that could honestly go either way based on these match ups, which makes sense since these are 2 top 4 teams. I know Okie St had multiple guys weigh in light this last weekend as they’re shifting their upper weights around. That could benefit Iowa as I don’t think they can technically wrestle the lower weights quite yet, due to their decent plans.

Nice breakdown. One note in Iowa's favor that could be a difference-maker is that Gfeller is trying to battle through an injury. He did not look too slick against Mizzou on Saturday . . . door may be wide open for Lugo there.

Good summary - every weight class mirrors my own thoughts. The bottom line, to me, is that we have to win both 125 and 133 to win this meet. And currently I view them both as toss-ups.

I did see that Gfeller lost over the weekend -- if he's battling an injury that's a real equalizer for Lugo.

125 Lee MD 4 - 0 Iowa
133 Fix Dec 4 - 3 Iowa
141 Brock Dec 6 - 4 OSU
149 Gfeller Dec 9 - 4 OSU
157 Young Dec 9 - 7 OSU
165 Marinelli MD 11 - 9 Iowa
174 Smith Dec 12 - 11 OSU
184 Smith Dec 15 - 11 OSU
197 Weigel Dec 18 - 11 OSU
Hwt White Dec 21 - 11 OSU

Iowa is capable of winning 184 and 197 and they need both to win the dual.

Good summary - every weight class mirrors my own thoughts. The bottom line, to me, is that we have to win both 125 and 133 to win this meet. And currently I view them both as toss-ups.

I did see that Gfeller lost over the weekend -- if he's battling an injury that's a real equalizer for Lugo.

125 Tossup?
Confused-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-8.gif

Lee has upped his game from Teching to getting first period Falls. I think Pic is improved and a beast... having said that, he has to make it out of the first period to have a chance and I'm not convinced he does. Lugo and Wilke have shown they know how to turn the lights on in big matches, just frustrating when they aren't against lower competition. This could be a good sign for the hawks. Lastly, I think Young or Marinelli or both get the fall. These guys are hungry like its the IC duals and its awesome to see. I was close on my prediction of hanging an Egg on Wisky, however that was likely my only time to be right for this century. IE, none of these predictions have any merit :)

Guys, I made these predictions after skipping classes and putting a full shift of day drinking in, so I probably exaggerated a little. However, I do expect ok state to win. Being sober now and not having consumed a half case, the only matches I'd change around are Lee and Warner. If the Pic/ Lee match goes the full 3 periods, I think pic can pull this off.

For those looking to bet, I'm a poor college student at Oklahoma state. I can't even afford to attend this match, so I'm in no position to bet. I was drinking Natty when I made my original projections, so that should tell you something.

Im curious to hear other projections...

It only takes you half a case to get drunk enough to make those predictions?

My predictions:

125 - pic tech Perez (Lee duck) ok st 5-0
133 - fix dec desanto ok st 9-0 (w penalty point)
141 - brock dec murin ok st 12 -0
149 - Geller dec logo ok st 15-0
157 - young mdec sheets 15-4
165 - marinelli dec Roger's 15-7
174 - smith dec bowman 18-7
184 - smith dec wilke 21 -7
197 - Greer dec Warner 24 -7
Hw - white pin Costello 30 -7 (stoll duck)

Even if Lee wrestles, we still win big.

What are your predictions?

The team score would be 8 to -1 after 133, not 9 to 0, wouldn’t it?

The only thing that can save Okie St. is if the ref lets them run and stall their asses off!!! This could be the case being it is in Oklahoma.

Who all is coming down for this? Come see me. I will wear a black shirt that says "Cowboys" on it.
The boy and I are planning on it unless another storm rolls in. How is the scalping down there in case my contact fails me?

nah, i'm right in the middle. I wont be the one standing up and yelling stalling, even though it is often deserved when some teams lock up both arms and push:rolleyes:
Don't get your arms locked up and don't be a pussy that is able to get pushed out, simple solution really

Iowa up 8-0 after 133. Lee fall and dec desanto. We lose a team point because Lee tee bags the middle of that ugly ass burnt orange mat after a quick takedown and fall is 59 seconds

Reactions: Neo_Hawk
125- Lee by dec.
133- Close but I am saying Fix by dec at home. AD is capable of winning though.
141- Even with Kaid slumping some I don't see anyone we have getting the win there. Prove me wrong Iowa 141s. Kaid by dec.
149- Toss up here, going with Lugo by dec..
157- If Young can't beat whoever they send out then we got problems.
165- Bull, maybe by major if Rodgers gasses bad.
174- Hoping to keep it to an osu dec.
184- Geer is a good wrestler but certainly not someone Wilke can't beat. He has beaten better. Jacobe is tough. I say Wilke over Geer or loss to Jacobe. Cash can win against either though.
197- Warner better stay off bottom or it will be Stoll on bottom vs Jensen and Hilger all over again. Weigel does not even try to disguise the stall ride with a figure 4 on the leg, just cover the hips.
285- Have to pick White by dec.
I don't think Weigel is a figure 4 guy. He's a two on one wrist tilter and one of the best in the game. Warner's performance against Sloan has me very nervous about this one.

Nice write up, a lot of thought went in to this. Way too honest however. Try and dial it back a little. We all know this could be a close one, but you somehow need to re-write this in a manner that gives the Hawks a blowout victory, while still being honest.:rolleyes:

or, could just call stalling as intended. Locking and pushing isn't considered an offensive move, despite what a lot of fans seem to think
As we are taught at a very young age here in the great wrestling state of Iowa, keep you butt to the center of the mat. Seems like it might be taught differently a few states to the south- whistle blows, run to the edge and wait for your opponent....yawn

Reactions: Grip220
As we are taught at a very young age here in the great wrestling state of Iowa, keep you butt to the center of the mat. Seems like it might be taught differently a few states to the south- whistle blows, run to the edge and wait for your opponent....yawn
yep, keep butt to center, tie up both arms, maybe pummel a bit, try to push out of bounds, dont take a shot, and hope for the stalling the fans are yelling for. actually very frustrating, and boring, for fans to watch. But, at least now you have two on the team that will take a shot-sometimes three. moving up!

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
yep, keep butt to center, tie up both arms, maybe pummel a bit, try to push out of bounds, dont take a shot, and hope for the stalling the fans are yelling for. actually very frustrating, and boring, for fans to watch. But, at least now you have two on the team that will take a shot-sometimes three. moving up!
Hmmmm, pretty sure Iowa was pretty high up in team bonus points last year at the championships.....maybe you didn't watch the ending since your team finished an impressive 14th last year LMAO. We also wrestle in BY FAR the best conference so sometimes points are hard to come by in good conferences- something you also wouldn't know about

Hmmmm, pretty sure Iowa was pretty high up in team bonus points last year at the championships.....maybe you didn't watch the ending since your team finished an impressive 14th last year LMAO. We also wrestle in BY FAR the best conference so sometimes points are hard to come by in good conferences- something you also wouldn't know about

Iowa led all teams in bonus points last year with 30.5 points. For comparison purposes, OSU had 37 points total as a team.

125 Lee MD 4 - 0 Iowa
133 Fix Dec 4 - 3 Iowa
141 Brock Dec 6 - 4 OSU
149 Gfeller Dec 9 - 4 OSU
157 Young Dec 9 - 7 OSU
165 Marinelli MD 11 - 9 Iowa
174 Smith Dec 12 - 11 OSU
184 Smith Dec 15 - 11 OSU
197 Weigel Dec 18 - 11 OSU
Hwt White Dec 21 - 11 OSU

Iowa is capable of winning 184 and 197 and they need both to win the dual.
So, you think Desanto has no shot at beating Fix and Lugo has no shot at beating Gfeller? WOW!!! :cool:

Iowa led all teams in bonus points last year with 30.5 points. For comparison purposes, OSU had 37 points total as a team.
pretty unusual year, I agree! Am looking forward to Sunday. Not a bad match in the 10. If everyone does there part. Wish Gfeller was a little healthier, but it is that time of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT