ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs ok state

pretty unusual year, I agree! Am looking forward to Sunday. Not a bad match in the 10. If everyone does there part. Wish Gfeller was a little healthier, but it is that time of the season.
You are coming to the wrong board whining about health concerns- our starting all-american 174 lber hasn't wrestled and will not, our preseason #1 ranked heavy weight is not close to 100%, our NC 125er has battled illness/injury all season.....

I am excited for this matchup and think this comes down to in this order of importance:
1) 133 lb winner
2) 184 lb winner
3) 157 and 174 lb ability to get or not to get bonus points
4) 197 lb winner
5) Hwt Winner
6) 125 lb winner
7) any bonus point that is unexpected
8) 141 lb winner

Reactions: meatloaf55
Lee has upped his game from Teching to getting first period Falls. I think Pic is improved and a beast... having said that, he has to make it out of the first period to have a chance and I'm not convinced he does. Lugo and Wilke have shown they know how to turn the lights on in big matches, just frustrating when they aren't against lower competition.
Tom-Cruise-What.gif

So, you think Desanto has no shot at beating Fix and Lugo has no shot at beating Gfeller? WOW!!! :cool:
Wow what? Of course they have a shot, but that shot is a bit of a stretch and slim. 184 is a legitimate shot and 197 is a good shot if Warner gets off bottom and takes it to the third within a takedown.
However at the end of the dual I think OSU wins 133, 149, 184 and 197.

Hmmmm, pretty sure Iowa was pretty high up in team bonus points last year at the championships.....maybe you didn't watch the ending since your team finished an impressive 14th last year LMAO. We also wrestle in BY FAR the best conference so sometimes points are hard to come by in good conferences- something you also wouldn't know about
Damn 14th that’s low Cowboy.

Iowa led all teams in bonus points last year with 30.5 points. For comparison purposes, OSU had 37 points total as a team.
Oh sick
Wow, has this place gone off the rails that much that Cowboy is getting blasted on here? C'mon guys we are better than that. Lots of new usernames and the usual douche canoe trolls but Cowboy is not one of those guys.
We know that Cowboy is a good guy but we are wrestling them this week so the handcuffs are off..

Reactions: moug and WDuck5217
So .... how many Hawkeye fans will I see in the General admission seats? I’m aiming for section 208. I’ll be there with my son. It’ll be his second Iowa wrestling meet. Well, third if you count the time my wife was pregnant. No pics. Anyhow, we’re pumped to go!

Iowa is capable of winning 184 and 197 and they need both to win the dual.
Wow what? Of course they have a shot, but that shot is a bit of a stretch and slim. 184 is a legitimate shot and 197 is a good shot if Warner gets off bottom and takes it to the third within a takedown.
Iowa is capable of winning 184 and 197 and they need both to win the dual.
But you failed to suggest that Iowa is capable of winning 133 and 149. I see them as toss ups and you apparently do not.

You are coming to the wrong board whining about health concerns- our starting all-american 174 lber hasn't wrestled and will not, our preseason #1 ranked heavy weight is not close to 100%, our NC 125er has battled illness/injury all season.....
Who is whining? Did you even read the post? It's that time of year-everyone is a little banged up. Did you not understand that part of it? Too little oxygen up there? I want everyone at full strength, so I get my money's worth.

Wait to cry about Spencer and Stall afterwords if you need to, why dontcha:confused:

Guys, I made these predictions after skipping classes and putting a full shift of day drinking in, so I probably exaggerated a little. However, I do expect ok state to win. Being sober now and not having consumed a half case, the only matches I'd change around are Lee and Warner. If the Pic/ Lee match goes the full 3 periods, I think pic can pull this off.

For those looking to bet, I'm a poor college student at Oklahoma state. I can't even afford to attend this match, so I'm in no position to bet. I was drinking Natty when I made my original projections, so that should tell you something.

Im curious to hear other projections...

PP rides again.........Hoser

A lot of good matches. I see 6 toss ups in this one. 133,41,49,84,97 and heavy. Bonus points will be huge here.

125: I think Lee is starting to get back to his old form. Will be a good test to see where his lungs are, currently. Picc has had a very good year but has struggled in the past with good riders (Lee, Lizak). Lee by major. Iowa 4-0
133: Call me crazy but I think Desanto gets it done. Kid is on a mission. Iowa 7-0
141: Kaid 7-3 Iowa
149: I'll say Gfeller but I still believe Lugo is capable of beating anyone in the weight class. I really hope he peaks at tournament time. Iowa 7-6
157: Kaleb Young. 10-6 Iowa
165: the Bull 13-6 Iowa
174: Smith 13-9 Iowa
184: Smith 13-12 Iowa
197: Warner 16-12
285: White 16-15 Iowa
I don't think your crazy at all about Desanto. Fix better be ready to go a full 7 minutes with Desanto.

According to the Scramble who posted Okie St. Weigh in sheet against Missouri on 2/15/19. The following weights were recorded. Not sure where they got it, but it looks legit.

Had Pic 124.8
Fix 132.8
Brock 140.8
Gfeller 148.8
Hone 148.8
Blaylock 156.8
Sheets 156.6
Rogers 164.8
Bahl 173.8
Joe Smith 171.6
Jacobe Smith 180.6
weigel 196.8
White 245

May give some insight to the speculations of wrestlers moving weight classes.

Instead of calling it "Okie State Week" we could call it "Troll Week". Man did they come out of the toilet.
Wearing out my Ignore button this week. Mods need to get a handle on the recent influx of garbage coming from psu, osu, neby and wisco. A lot of trolls these past few weeks.

I guess we could all go on bwi and create new names and ruin every post they have. Unfortunately it's getting to that point, since they seem to be trying to do that over here.

Wearing out my Ignore button this week. Mods need to get a handle on the recent influx of garbage coming from psu, osu, neby and wisco. A lot of trolls these past few weeks.

I guess we could all go on bwi and create new names and ruin every post they have. Unfortunately it's getting to that point, since they seem to be trying to do that over here.

Neo,

Im pretty sure 90% of the trolling recently is the same person. Probably a high school kid that will get bored soon, not even associated with any specific school.

Anyone worried about Desanto and possibly getting a little too emotional and putting himself
In jeopardy for big tens?

How can you say it's a stretch for the #3 to beat the #2, or the #11 to beat an apparently dinged-up #6?

Anyone worried about Desanto and possibly getting a little too emotional and putting himself
In jeopardy for big tens?

I’m sure this issue has been stressed quite a bit by the coaching staff so I don’t think it will be a problem. That being said, there is no room for error Sunday when it comes to behavior. We have seen how reactive some officials are when docking team points and it could put Austin’s postseason in jeopardy if something were to happen so there always is a worry.

I'll bite....In case you have not been paying attention to the way he has handled himself after the past two matches....Not worried at all.
It appears that he has been progressing nicely on post match conduct. This will be a big test prior to BTN. Although he has done things to merit a USC, nothing has been anywhere near worthy of FMC (flagrant misconduct) or double USC. Brands ran out there quickly to shut it down and will be ready again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT