ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs ok state

DeSanto worked out this week, so I don't think it was ever in question. As I stated, unless something happened at the last minute. I'm glad he's going and it looks like the entire team. It's going to be great dual.

When you see a post like that, just look at the profile of the poster and you can tell pretty quickly it’s a troll.

As posted in a different thread. Neither Fix nor AD have much to gain or lose by not competing today.
Anyway you slice it, all things being equal, NCAA semi finals will be AD, Fix, Micic, Suriano.
Early in the year we agreed 133 was/is is loaded.
These four are the cream of the crop.

Starting at 125 lbs.? Track seems to think starting at 149 lbs. Anyone?

The thing about today is there aren’t many matches where either wrestler winning would be shocking. With zero big surprises Iowa could win by twelve or lose by twelve.

Not to rub it in, but the way some guys win was more what I was thinking. It's still early.

This meet had lots of close matchups. We lost most of the close ones on paper. It sucks, and some matches people questioned our strategy (myself included). The fact of the matter is seeding for NCCA's, whether better or worse, and pride is all that came of this dual. I was very disappointed in our performance as a whole, but the sky isn't falling for Christ sakes! Maybe the choices we made were to see what we need to do next month when the same situations arise and the outcome is more important?! Maybe it is Brands being stubborn and trying to make guys tougher mentally and figure out a way to win anyway. I don't know, but other than Spencer getting pinned, nothing was shocking to me yesterday. I don't know what is ailing him, but it hasn't disappeared yet and may not this year. That just means nothing is a given moving forward for him. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for him. 133 was close, just as expected. Same with 141, 149, 197, and 285. The rest went as expected, and Wilke is a crap shoot every time he takes the mat so nothing should surprise you there! The next month will be where mental toughness comes in. We will see who has it and who doesn't right now. Will is a powerful thing.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT