ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Okie State

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
125- Mastro missed this weekend with an injury. If he goes hope to keep it to a decision. Drake back makes it more even.

133- Have to go with fix by decision.

141- Jaydin by decision over Young.

149- Gfeller has been wrestling well. Pretty even match. Important for seeding for Max to win.

157- Sheets is a clingy rider and has a win over Kaleb. There are people he needs to be able to beat.

165- Bull favored but Wittlake is tough. Bull needs to bring it. Bull by decision.

174- Plott has been up and down and can be dangerous. Kem should take care of business by decision.

184- Geer favored slightly on paper, he is good on top and Abe has struggled some on bottom. Pretty much a toss up and a guy Abe needs to take care of to move up in levels.

197- Ferrari likely out but could also see them spring his return on us. Warner by major if he is out.

285. Cass by major or pin over Surber. I could see them sending Harris out who has caught some guys with throws.

125- Mastro missed this weekend with an injury. If he goes hope to keep it to a decision. Drake back makes it more even.

133- Have to go with fix by decision.

141- Jaydin by decision over Young.

149- Gfeller has been wrestling well. Pretty even match. Important for seeding for Max to win.

157- Sheets is a clingy rider and has a win over Kaleb. There are people he needs to be able to beat.

165- Bull favored but Wittlake is tough. Bull needs to bring it. Bull by decision.

174- Plott has been up and down and can be dangerous. Kem should take care of business by decision.

184- Geer favored slightly on paper, he is good on top and Abe has struggled some on bottom. Pretty much a toss up and a guy Abe needs to take care of to move up in levels.

197- Ferrari likely out but could also see them spring his return on us. Warner by major if he is out.

285. Cass by major or pin over Surber. I could see them sending Harris out who has caught some guys with throws.
So, you are saying like 18-15 Iowa?

What did we learn from the UNI and ISU matches? I don't think you can take anything for granted, but this ain't your normal OSU. I think Iowa comes out and pretty much dominates. I see it 29-6.

Mike

So, you are saying like 18-15 Iowa?

What did we learn from the UNI and ISU matches? I don't think you can take anything for granted, but this ain't your normal OSU. I think Iowa comes out and pretty much dominates. I see it 29-6.

Mike
I think they are probably going to give us their best shot so we better be ready. A win over us will make them forget about the uni, ISU and Mizzou losses.

What is the latest on Ferrari?

This is the most recent update I could find. It’s from five days ago. Looks like he’s in pain and still needed to get MRIs to rule out injuries.

It also appears that he has not posted anything to Twitter or Instagram since the accident… Which I would take is not a very good sign for his health.

Reactions: MitchLL
This is the most recent update I could find. It’s from five days ago. Looks like he’s in pain and still needed to get MRIs to rule out injuries.

It also appears that he has not posted anything to Twitter or Instagram since the accident… Which I would take is not a very good sign for his health.

Agree. Smith isn't going to risk further damage to Ferrari for the Iowa dual, especially since they're already struggling. This dual shouldn't be close.

Agree. Smith isn't going to risk further damage to Ferrari for the Iowa dual, especially since they're already struggling. This dual shouldn't be close.

It seems as of a few days ago he was not practicing. And it has been a couple weeks out of the room at this point.

In addition to being healed and managing the pain, I’m sure there are now stamina and weight cutting obstacles as well.

Reactions: MitchLL
I’d be pretty amazed if AJ Ferrari makes his return vs JWar. A healthy Ferrari eeked out a win against him at NCAAs. That’s a tough ask to go out there and compete against one of the best in the country while dealing with out of the norm injuries and soreness. Okie St does matchup very well against the Hawks and this meet could be a lot closer than we’d like.

Should win 41,65,74,97,hwt
Not favored 25,33
49 will be tight and of course 57 young will frustrate ppl
84 ehh geer isn’t special, Assad needs wins like that

Reactions: johnyt9

Well, maybe it knocked some sense into him. That, or his lawyer did.

Fix wrestling both for USA and OSU. Most consider Desanto the underdog but I see it more of a toss up. Im sure Desanto will take him into deep waters, he is much better with the single leg attack this year, just needs to finish them.
Really wanted to see Warner and Ferrari go at it. Hopefully they see each other at Nattys.
I dont know if Ayala will be back Saturday but it would be nice. Brands tends to hold guys out a little longer if they need to clean up some stuff too. He may come back improved.
Murin has really looked good this year, just that bad loss in Florida but I suspect he was hurting with injury. We have said this a ton of times, but he has to win these matchups to get to the next level. He reminds me of the past 2 149s in that he doesnt pull the trigger often but when he does, it usually goes well for him.

Capt obvious but bonus at 41, 74 and hwt would go a long way. Okie should not score any bonus.

Not ready to put 65 in the "should win" category. Wittlake is a tough sob and will probably be a 1 TD match.

No Ferrari gives us a big advantage at 97 and is probably the edge we need given the likelihood of us getting Okie'd in a toss-up or 2.

Capt obvious but bonus at 41, 74 and hwt would go a long way. Okie should not score any bonus.

Not ready to put 65 in the "should win" category. Wittlake is a tough sob and will probably be a 1 TD match.

No Ferrari gives us a big advantage at 97 and is probably the edge we need given the likelihood of us getting Okie'd in a toss-up or 2.
Id love to see it out of Eirman, but Carter Young is a stud. Really cemented himself when he beat Seth Gross while still in HS. Eirman has eeked his way through the season and I’d b surprised if he wins by more than a couple points. Would love for the Thurs and Fri at the 2021 NCAA tournament version of Eirman to show up and prove me wrong.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Id love to see it out of Eirman, but Carter Young is a stud. Really cemented himself when he beat Seth Gross while still in HS. Eirman has eeked his way through the season and I’d b surprised if he wins by more than a couple points. Would love for the Thurs and Fri at the 2021 NCAA tournament version of Eirman to show up and prove me wrong.
So, you want a healthy Eirman.

Remember back in the days when Spencer was double secret injured and some came around complaining that he had regressed, or that the rest of the field had caught up?

Do I hear the ding-ding-ding of mental points being racked up?

I know he's struggled at times this year but I did say BP at 41 would go a long way.

This is the kind of guy we should expect our 2nd ranked wrestler to take care of, 21st ranked and 8-4 at a weight that's pretty meh outside the top few guys.

So, you want a healthy Eirman.

Remember back in the days when Spencer was double secret injured and some came around complaining that he had regressed, or that the rest of the field had caught up?

Do I hear the ding-ding-ding of mental points being racked up?
Not sure what the health level of Eirman is, but he has not been able to score consistently this year. I know it’s been speculated and it looks like he’s got a little something going on with his wrist. He seems to be able to do some freakishly amazing things when he wants to win a scramble though, so I’m not going to pick him to lose against anyone not named Nick Lee.

Reactions: el dub
I know he's struggled at times this year but I did say BP at 41 would go a long way.

This is the kind of guy we should expect our 2nd ranked wrestler to take care of, 21st ranked and 8-4 at a weight that's pretty meh outside the top few guys.
Can’t help but point out his close wins over Purdue, Minnesota, tOSU etc with wrestlers vs wrestlers with similar rankings as CY. He did manage a last second TD for the major vs Wisconsin, so maybe he’s peaking. I’d love to be wrong. If he gets bonus, I’ll give credit where credit is due.

Not sure what the health level of Eirman is, but he has not been able to score consistently this year. I know it’s been speculated and it looks like he’s got a little something going on with his wrist. He seems to be able to do some freakishly amazing things when he wants to win a scramble though, so I’m not going to pick him to lose against anyone not named Nick Lee.
Nothing else really makes sense.

I am pretty sure it more finger related than wrist but it is a issue.

I hope you’re wrong. I know it’s not entirely likely but Austin controls his own destiny in getting the one seed at nationals and avoiding both Fix and RBY until the finals.
That was my first thought when I saw the "or" at 133 yesterday. Hoping he goes! If Desanto beats Fix and wins the rematch with RBY, he could lock up the top seed and push them both to the opposite side of the bracket. Some may say that is far fetched, but I think we would all like to see him at least try.

Just seen some photos of team arriving in DFW. It was like candy to the eyes to see Desanto and Ayala in those. Feeling a little Hawkeye euphoria with Desanto finishing that takedown this weekend. Go Hawks.

Reactions: el dub
Just seen some photos of team arriving in DFW. It was like candy to the eyes to see Desanto and Ayala in those. Feeling a little Hawkeye euphoria with Desanto finishing that takedown this weekend. Go Hawks.
Right on. And if he can take him down once, the second should be easier.

Reactions: sdvike
ADVERTISEMENT