141 - Iowa Dec ( Iowa 9 PSU 5)
149- Iowa Dec (Iowa 12 PSU 5)
157 - PSU Dec ( Iowa 12 PSU 8)
165 - Iowa Dec (Iowa 15 PSU 8)
174 - PSU Major (Iowa 15 PSU 12)
184- PSU Dec ( Iowa 15 PSU 15)
197- PSU Dec ( Iowa 15 PSU 18)
Hwt - Iowa Dec ( Iowa 18 PSU 18)

Haines/Cobe, Warner/Dean and Hwt will decide the meet I think. Teske probably doesn’t get tech’d by RBY but don’t know if he’s wrestling. Iowa matches up much better in a dual than a tournament with PSU.

No. Doubt he can make that cut. Only reason I asked about bumping to 33 was that would give Iowa a nice lead if started at 25.
Have you seen our backup 125? We give up at minimum 4 points at 125. If Spencer did go at 133 I honestly think he wins by decision or major. So there’s no upside to win this dual in my opinion in him bumping up. And in fact could cost us a point or two by doing so.

Have you seen our backup 125? We give up at minimum 4 points at 125. If Spencer did go at 133 I honestly think he wins by decision or major. So there’s no upside to win this dual in my opinion in him bumping up. And in fact could cost us a point or two by doing so.
Have you seen Penn States??

Reactions: PAHURDLER
Any chance Spencer wrestles 133?
time house GIF

Healthy and at the same weight all year, I think Spencer beats RBY something like 7-4. Spencer bumping up with his ACL's as they are now...it would be a 1-2 point match and could go either way. A major would be a huge challenge.

Healthy and at the same weight all year, I think Spencer beats RBY something like 7-4. Spencer bumping up with his ACL's as they are now...it would be a 1-2 point match and could go either way. A major would be a huge challenge.
I think it's higher scoring from Lee, I can see RBY with 4 but I think Lee gets his tilts. I'm thinking like 10 to 13 to 4.

I think it's higher scoring from Lee, I can see RBY with 4 but I think Lee gets his tilts. I'm thinking like 10 to 13 to 4.
Sometimes some of you guys really crack me up. You act like RBY is just another guy, a bit better than the other guys that Spencer has been demolishing. RBY took care of Fix and ADS to win NCAAs twice, and though it was close he still won. I love SL and think he will go down as the greatest Hawk ever, but when you're on the light end of these super-matches, it's not a good thing, especially if you're giving up 8 percent of your body weight at weigh-in and probably more by the time the match starts. If Spencer wants RBY or anyone else, he can weigh whatever he wants for the US team and challenge whomever he wants in freestyle (where he will be equally dominant in my opinion), but right now we need to enjoy SL for what he is...the baddest 125 pounder and P4P wrestler in the land...

OK, SL is not going 133

Can we pull out the win???

125 we get 6

133 hoping Teske is back and can hold it to a decision

141 maybe Woods can get bonus

149 is a must win for us

157 is F*** st pulling a shirt here? This would be a nice surprise if we can win here!

165 another must win

174 hold to a decision

184 same as above

197/Heavy- win one

Do not think that this is out of the question? Certainly have my Black and Gold HAWKEYE special limited addition polarized, autographed Dan Gable approved glasses on!!! Sold only at IRONSIDE's!!!

Sometimes some of you guys really crack me up. You act like RBY is just another guy, a bit better than the other guys that Spencer has been demolishing. RBY took care of Fix and ADS to win NCAAs twice, and though it was close he still won. I love SL and think he will go down as the greatest Hawk ever, but when you're on the light end of these super-matches, it's not a good thing, especially if you're giving up 8 percent of your body weight at weigh-in and probably more by the time the match starts. If Spencer wants RBY or anyone else, he can weigh whatever he wants for the US team and challenge whomever he wants in freestyle (where he will be equally dominant in my opinion), but right now we need to enjoy SL for what he is...the baddest 125 pounder and P4P wrestler in the land...
He said if they are at the same weight all year, which they aren't. I know what RBY is and how good he is. He's no Spencer Lee with Lee at 100%.
I agree with Spencer trying to move up to 133 vs Penn State it would be tough. I'd still take Lee in a tight one.

OK, SL is not going 133

Can we pull out the win???

125 we get 6

133 hoping Teske is back and can hold it to a decision

141 maybe Woods can get bonus

149 is a must win for us

157 is F*** st pulling a shirt here? This would be a nice surprise if we can win here!

165 another must win

174 hold to a decision

184 same as above

197/Heavy- win one

Do not think that this is out of the question? Certainly have my Black and Gold HAWKEYE special limited addition polarized, autographed Dan Gable approved glasses on!!! Sold only at IRONSIDE's!!!
I think RW will keep it to a DEC. He's still on the mend and I don't think he's going to go all in to get bonus at the risk of making ailments worse. I think 49 goes to SVN, especially if Max doesn't do anything in the 1st or 2nd period. These young kids are hungry and Max needs to show him that he's not f"ing around. In the end I think we win 25, 41, and 65. The others will be tough. JWAR is injured; Kerk is looking really good so I'm curious to see if Cass can make some magic happen. In the end, as bad as I want to beat PSU, I'd rather do what we need to do to keep getting our guys healthy for March. This will be my first time at State College...can't wait to see our boys in action. This year I get to see them in person a couple times. Merry Christmas to me!!

I think RW will keep it to a DEC. He's still on the mend and I don't think he's going to go all in to get bonus at the risk of making ailments worse. I think 49 goes to SVN, especially if Max doesn't do anything in the 1st or 2nd period. These young kids are hungry and Max needs to show him that he's not f"ing around. In the end I think we win 25, 41, and 65. The others will be tough. JWAR is injured; Kerk is looking really good so I'm curious to see if Cass can make some magic happen. In the end, as bad as I want to beat PSU, I'd rather do what we need to do to keep getting our guys healthy for March. This will be my first time at State College...can't wait to see our boys in action. This year I get to see them in person a couple times. Merry Christmas to me!!
Awesome @Nashville_Hawkeye , have fun!! Post some pics!!

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Not a good idea to jump up a weight in this case. I think I remember a match between two national champions a long time ago. Nate Carr jumped up a weight to try and beat Zaleski from Iowa. Zaleski completely dominated him. Just that 8 lbs. was a huge difference....This isn't the time to fool around and all the coaches know it!!

Holy Crap... Spencer is not going 133. I would like to see this match some day, but probably will not happen. SL is at 57kg for his career and i'm not sure RBY is staying in the wrestling seen( I believe he is going mma), but if he does, I'm not sure he would make that pull very easy. A good question would be, how does rby vs Gilman look when they go live? My guess is TG takes him to the woodshed in Free.

We Have Nebraska Next by the way...

It would be better if PSU dropped RBY to 125 and filled in at 133. Then they would lose both of the lower weights to us. Make it happen PSUz guyz. Ha.

Reactions: el dub
74-3. Spencer gifts 3 escapes. Scores so fast official can’t stop the match before he piles it on. Not even RBY slipping a hacksaw under his singlet and sawing off Lee’s legs - like he’s been known to do — slows the onslaught. Terry body locks Cass, and Spencer throws the pair of them into the cheap seats. It’s what RBY wanted. 83% of fans nationwide approve.

Did I hit all the main points?

Reactions: Spaceman Spifff
Curious if all the time Teske was with RBY in the PSU room results in some lower scoring based on familiarity. All in all Iowa would need a lot to go their way to pull off the upset.

125 If Iowa doesn’t get 6 it’s a fail.
133 Tough ask for Teske to hold RBY to a dec.
141 Woods has been on fire, but he’s still not 100% and Bartlett has looked solid this year. Likely a dec for Woods.
149 Van Ness has looked really good and Murin has lost two nail biters to guys with similar talent. Big swing weight here.
157 Not sure if PSU has officially decided to stick with Barclough or pull Haines’ shirt. Sebreicht wins over Barclough, Haines is a tough hill to climb.
165- Another swing match that Iowa has to win. Kennedy v Facundo should be very close.
174- Brands is going to have to fight like hell to avoid bonus here.
184- Last year Abe lost by 7, narrowly earning a last second escape, a similar result would be a small victory.
197- JWar is 0-2 vs Dean and isn’t wrestling too confident lately. Could be a rough one.
Hwt. Cass has looked great lately but looked terrible in their pre season matchup. A win by Cass would be absolutely huge.

Realistically I think Iowa loses 18-15.

Last edited:
Reactions: IRONBIRD
No reason to have him go out there and wrestle a larger opponent that's an amazing wrestler.

I'll quote Brian Ferentz, "What's the upside?"

To me, the benefit doesn't outweigh the risk.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Curious if all the time Teske was with RBY in the PSU room results in some lower scoring based on familiarity. All in all Iowa would need a lot to go their way to pull off the upset.

125 6 - 0
133 6 - 4
141 9 - 4
149 9 - 7
157 12-7
165 12-10
174 12-14
184 12-18
197 12-21
Hwt. 12-21

The second half could be ugly. If we lose 157 it could get very ugly. JW and Cass could conceivably turn it around, but it seems unlikely.

Last edited:
74-3. Spencer gifts 3 escapes. Scores so fast official can’t stop the match before he piles it on. Not even RBY slipping a hacksaw under his singlet and sawing off Lee’s legs - like he’s been known to do — slows the onslaught. Terry body locks Cass, and Spencer throws the pair of them into the cheap seats. It’s what RBY wanted. 83% of fans nationwide approve.

You forgot the twerk at the "end".

Reactions: PSU Mike
Not a good idea to jump up a weight in this case. I think I remember a match between two national champions a long time ago. Nate Carr jumped up a weight to try and beat Zaleski from Iowa. Zaleski completely dominated him. Just that 8 lbs. was a huge difference....This isn't the time to fool around and all the coaches know it!!
FWIW, this happened in 2013 in a dual meet vs. Lehigh (score was 9-3):
Senior Kyle Dake moved up to 174 pounds for the day and picked up a win over No. 11 Nathaniel Brown in his fifth weight class of his career.

Reactions: el dub
No reason to have him go out there and wrestle a larger opponent that's an amazing wrestler.

I'll quote Brian Ferentz, "What's the upside?"

To me, the benefit doesn't outweigh the risk.
You spend too much time complimenting PSU and too much time saying negatives about Iowa. What exactly is a HawkMachine?

You spend too much time complimenting PSU and too much time saying negatives about Iowa. What exactly is a HawkMachine?

LMAO.

What's it like to have someone live rent free in your head?

Did you just skip over all of the other posts saying it's not a good idea?

As far as complimenting PSU, why wouldn't I?

I'm not a PSU fan at all, can't stand them.

But I'm a fan of WRESTLING and ELITE WRESTLERS.

Some of my favorite wrestlers that aren't Hawkeyes are from PSU.

Nice try moron, keep posting though. It's funny.

Not even close, you left out Carl, weight lab, dodgeball, f*n, slushfund and I am sure 17% total things.......

Reactions: moug and PSU Mike
LMAO.

What's it like to have someone live rent free in your head?

Did you just skip over all of the other posts saying it's not a good idea?

As far as complimenting PSU, why wouldn't I?

I'm not a PSU fan at all, can't stand them.

But I'm a fan of WRESTLING and ELITE WRESTLERS.

Some of my favorite wrestlers that aren't Hawkeyes are from PSU.

Nice try moron, keep posting though. It's funny.
You’re definitely suspect.

Why would he?

Well let's do the math:

Spencer 125 = 5 or 6 points, let's give him 6
Teske or ?? 133 = -4 points
Iowa heads in to 141 up by 2

For the sake of argument you pull Drakes shirt
Drake 125 = 3 or 4 points, let's give him the 4
Spencer at 133 = let's give him a Decision = 3
Iowa heads in to 141 up by 7, if RBY we're to Win Iowa only loses a point in the chance for the 7 point differential.

Does that help?

PS it goes a long way towards settling the masses and their mutual albeit far too early arguments for the Hodge

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT