ADVERTISEMENT

*******Iowa vs Seton Hall Game Thread*******

A little early to be giving up on Sandfort already. Yes he struggled. This was an athletic team that in the past would probably have rattled us. Game was a little fast for him ton. He hardly played last year. He will get better. And we need Ulis off the bench.

That’s a big, impressive win. Kind of win that almost guarantees you an NCAA bid.
lol

There‘s no such thing. Especially in November.

Anywhoo….Iowa — Murray — absolutely dominated this game. SH really never challenged the entire contest. Really impressive early season win. No question about it.

Cross your fingers because without Murray, this team doesn’t win 5 games in the B1G.

Reactions: littlez and BBHawk
Who was that pukey thug from Buckyland. Davison, or Davidson.

Aaron Craft is Exhibit A for corruption in the Big Ten. He probably averaged around 15 obvious fouls a game.
I would call Aaron Craft the worst player in the history of the Big Ten. He made the game of basketball worse. He holds a record that will never be broken; most career fouls.

Reactions: Bishop1971
A little early to be giving up on Sandfort already. Yes he struggled. This was an athletic team that in the past would probably have rattled us. Game was a little fast for him ton. He hardly played last year. He will get better. And we need Ulis off the bench.
I still prefer Tony and Ahron in the back court, with Payton coming off the bench to provide scoring. But if Payton can play tougher, he'll earn the starts. Having him and PMac on the floor against athletic teams limits Iowa on both ends.

A commit from Dembele before the game, and then a big time Q1 road win in his backyard?

yes-will-ferrell.gif

That was a great test for the Hawks and they passed. We finally have a set of guards who can penetrate on offense AND play defense. Rebraca was terrific. Murray is a star. Veteran team that showed toughness. Very nice
Wins like this on the road really beef up the March resume. LOVE the attitude, hunger and scrappy effort, especially on D. Kris is silky smooth and even talks a bit more than Keegan. Filip has gotten stronger and more aggressive, go Hawks!

I still prefer Tony and Ahron in the back court, with Payton coming off the bench to provide scoring. But if Payton can play tougher, he'll earn the starts. Having him and PMac on the floor against athletic teams limits Iowa on both ends.
I thought Payton started tonight? Could be wrong though.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
lol

Anywhoo….Iowa — Murray — absolutely dominated this game. SH really never challenged the entire contest. Really impressive early season win. No question about it.

Cross your fingers because without Murray, this team doesn’t win 5 games in the B1G.
Ok. Read up on the definition of “almost”.

And if there were no icebergs then the Titanic would have been unsinkable. Great analysis.

Reactions: Bishop1971
lol

If you take away an All-American from almost any NCAA basketball team, their chances would take a major hit. Take away Luka, reload. Take away Keegan, reload. Rinse and repeat.

Ok. Read up on the definition of “almost”.

And if there were no icebergs then the Titanic would have been unsinkable. Great analysis.
lol

You‘re clueless but keep posting. It’s funny stuff.

Let me guess…you’re a huge wrestling fan. lol

Last edited:
Yo
That’s an understatement. It looks like Kris and a bunch of YMCA D league weekend warriors. Brutal. My prediction of 12 losses might be too low. Can ANYONE create off the dribble?!?!!
u might want to wait u til later in the game to comment, man.

If you take away an All-American from almost any NCAA basketball team, their chances would take a major hit. Take away Luka, reload. Take away Keegan, reload. Rinse and repeat.
Nah…

This team without Kris seriously might not win a game in the B1G. Much less true for the Garza squads because they still had shooting, and definitely not true for the Kegan squad because they still had Kris.

Fingers crossed. Quality depth is an issue. No question about it.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Except for Kris, pretty awful offensive game for Iowa the first 25-30 minutes, but down the stretch the Hawks worked their offense and were money on FTs. Pretty solid defense the entire game from the Hawks.

Kris is a star. Perkins and Ulis were great down the stretch, after pretty rough games the first 30 min. Patrick got some baskets, but overall, not a very good game. Sandfort's shot was off, which is unusual, but he played ok otherwise. I thought Rebraca had a great game on both ends, and except for Kris, was our overall best player.

I could still see Iowa struggling to score at the end of games and because Murray won’t have the ball in his hands. When facing better defense guards if we can’t dribble drive I don’t know where the points come from. Ulis and Perkins won’t hit deep threes, Murray doubled, Sanfort can’t beat his man, and Patrick is erratic.

The guys fought hard tonight and did what was needed. Hopefully the D makes up for the lack of go to shooters in the games to come.

Reactions: CookyMonster
The Murrays are some of the most impressive college basketball players I’ve seen. Period.

…and believe me…I’ve watched a hell of a lot of college basketball in my life.

So controlled, so calm, so deadly. They make it all look so effortless. Just an absolute treat to watch. Placid assassins - both of them.

So cool that they play(ed) for Iowa.

I could still see Iowa struggling to score at the end of games and because Murray won’t have the ball in his hands. When facing better defense guards if we can’t dribble drive I don’t know where the points come from. Ulis and Perkins won’t hit deep threes, Murray doubled, Sanfort can’t beat his man, and Patrick is erratic.

The guys fought hard tonight and did what was needed. Hopefully the D makes up for the lack of go to shooters in the games to come.
Well pretty sure Kris would have the ball in his hands at the end of a close game. And Perkins looks to be able to dribble drive on just about anyone. We’ll be fine. We’re going to lose some games but this is a really good team.

Reactions: AlvySinger
The Murrays are some of the most impressive college basketball players I’ve seen. Period.

…and believe me…I’ve watched a hell of a lot of college basketball in my life.

So controlled, so calm, so deadly. They make it all look so effortless. Just an absolute treat to watch. Placid assassins - both of them.

So cool that they play(ed) for Iowa.
Their conditioning is amazing. They never appear to get gassed. They play their butts off. Never taking a play off and looks so effortless.

I also know that so far, outside of Kris, this team sucks ass offensively.
I prefer to think of it as an immense margin for improvement.

But yeah…outside of Kris, right now there’s not a single player on this team that is going to worry the top half of the B1G.

This just in

Nebraska sucks at basketball too. St John's took them to the woodshed

I prefer to think of it as an immense margin for improvement.

But yeah…outside of Kris, right now there’s not a single player on this team that is going to worry the top half of the B1G.
Does Tony Perkins not exist? Seriously, Iowa scored 83 points in a 70 possession game against a team with a defense in the top 35 of Pomeroy's adjusted defense. And didn't shoot the ball well. Why does it matter if no player outside Kr. Murray worries opponents? He's one of the best players in the country. He does exist. If he's great (which he will be on many nights), the rest of the team just has to contribute some and they have a good chance to win.

ADVERTISEMENT