ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Starters from 2011-2024

conn53victor

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2014
People have been penciling in next year's freshman as possible starters for Iowa women's basketball. I doubted that Bluder would start freshman for game one unless they were of Clark, Doyle, or Logic quality. Here is my attempt to look at the 13 years of starters. I gave credit for years in the program even if they redshirted. While there may be errors, it is pretty close. It shows 11 freshman starters in 13 years. There were more frosh starters than I expected, but I didn't figure out the few that started game 1 of their Hawkeye career.

I still think it unlikely that a freshman starts game 1 next fall but maybe by the start of conference play.

Here are my starters on Day 1:
Olsen
Taylor
Feuerback
Affolter
Stuelke

Conference starters
Olsen
Taylor or Feuerback
Affolter
Stuelke
Heiden

edited to correct Cera's class (thanks @wneff) and add asterisks to show started first games of season.

Last edited:
Hard to get the total picture without knowing the team returning in any given year. -->Did these freshmen beat out upper classmen that were expected to start, or was that a position need forcing the issue?
Where next season is concerned, you have some players ranked pretty high coming in, which also skews things.

With Olsen coming in, it seems they might be hoping to maintain the style of play they have put together. A big question that needs to be answered, is how Stuelke's game translates out of the post, and with that in mind how do they get their best 5 out on the floor.

It's tough for a freshman to come in and start, but I don't imagine they can count it out until coaches see them running the floor with the talent on the team.

People have been penciling in next year's freshman as possible starters for Iowa women's basketball. I doubted that Bluder would start freshman for game one unless they were of Clark, Doyle, or Logic quality. Here is my attempt to look at the 13 years of starters. I gave credit for years in the program even if they redshirted. While there may be errors, it is pretty close. It shows 11 freshman starters in 13 years. There were more frosh starters than I expected, but I didn't figure out the few that started game 1 of their Hawkeye career.

I still think it unlikely that a freshman starts game 1 next fall but maybe by the start of conference play.

Here are my starters on Day 1:
Olsen
Taylor
Feuerback
Affolter
Stuelke

Conference starters
Olsen
Taylor or Feuerback
Affolter
Stuelke
Heiden
Cera was a freshman and not a senior in 16-17.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT