ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa website

Denial not a good look by the Iowa website administrators...

jk

Seriously though, Hawks played really well in the first half both offensively and defensively. Got up by as much as 15(?), then things unwinded in the second half. Offense stagnated, an unwell JBo and Wieskamp were exploited by SDSU, and 22 from SDSU hit some really really tough shots.

I wouldn’t say that it was a discouraging game. Fredrick and Toussaint both showed some great flashes... Fredrick was arguably our best all around player, though McCaffery played arguably his best game as a Hawk. I was a little frustrated by the lack of involvement of Garza in the second half. Need to rest/heal up and get after Cuse. This team can do some things if their young players progress, Wieskamp gets it together, McCaffery continues to take charge, and the team continues to demonstrate the toughness they showed in this tournament

Denial not a good look by the Iowa website administrators...

jk

Seriously though, Hawks played really well in the first half both offensively and defensively. Got up by as much as 15(?), then things unwinded in the second half. Offense stagnated, an unwell JBo and Wieskamp were exploited by SDSU, and 22 from SDSU hit some really really tough shots.

I wouldn’t say that it was a discouraging game. Fredrick and Toussaint both showed some great flashes... Fredrick was arguably our best all around player, though McCaffery played arguably his best game as a Hawk. I was a little frustrated by the lack of involvement of Garza in the second half. Need to rest/heal up and get after Cuse. This team can do some things if their young players progress, Wieskamp gets it together, McCaffery continues to take charge, and the team continues to demonstrate the toughness they showed in this tournament
The good news is Cuse looks to really not be good. Should be a W for the Hawks

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
The good news is Cuse looks to really not be good. Should be a W for the Hawks
Hopefully you’re right that it’s a W, but also hopefully Cuse is decent. Need all the quality non con wins we can get and the Texas Tech win is already not looking as impressive as I thought it was last night. They are definitely a candidate to improve dramatically as the year goes on though

Hopefully you’re right that it’s a W, but also hopefully Cuse is decent. Need all the quality non con wins we can get and the Texas Tech win is already not looking as impressive as I thought it was last night. They are definitely a candidate to improve dramatically as the year goes on though
Tech heading to OT. They may well pull this puppy out.
Cuse was completely non-competitive against Penn State and Oklahoma State. I will be surprised if Iowa wins by less than 5 unless Bohannon does not play. Against the zone, Hawks could need Jordan

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Tech heading to OT. They may well pull this puppy out.
Cuse was completely non-competitive against Penn State and Oklahoma State. I will be surprised if Iowa wins by less than 5 unless Bohannon does not play. Against the zone, Hawks could need Jordan
I think (hope) he plays through Iowa State, which would be 10 games, then shuts it down

Just checked site. The article said "Aztecs rally past Iowa in Las Vegas Invitational". However, when you click on "schedule", it's listed as a win.

ADVERTISEMENT