ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Western Illinois Baseball

Mar 14, 2003
Iowa travels to beautiful MaComb,IL on Tuesday for a noon midweek game. Obviously a must win if we want to stay within striking distance of the 60s in RPI. Trenton Wallace will start for Iowa.

Personally I’d like to see a mix up in the lineup...

1B - Zeb Adreon
2B - Mitch Boe
SS - Tanner Wetrich
3B - Matthew Sosa
LF - Chris Whelan
CF - Justin Jenkins
RF - Connor McCaffery
C - Matt Berst
DH - Zeb Adreon

Then work in some of the other regular guys later.

Between direct and indirect RPI today, Hawks have the chance if everything falls their way to gain about 34 RPI points (possibly climbing as high as #72 RPI, currently sit at #79). Surprised that if UC Irvine beat #1 UCLA, Iowa would only gain about 2 indirect points there.

Between direct and indirect RPI today, Hawks have the chance if everything falls their way to gain about 34 RPI points (possibly climbing as high as #72 RPI, currently sit at #79). Surprised that if UC Irvine beat #1 UCLA, Iowa would only gain about 2 indirect points there.

Home game for UCI

It's amazing to me that since WIU is a road game we gain 16 with a win and lose 34 with a loss. At home wed lose 7 with a win and 60-70 with a loss.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Wow, game has been cancelled! Get all the way there, play 1/2 inning then call game? What's the rain delay waiting period usually? Probably less for non conf. games and considering Iowa goes to Maryland tomorrow, certainly played a factor.

There wen't a decent chance to pickup 17 RPI points..ouch.

Last edited:
I was just going to come here and post whether conventional wisdom has changed and does Iowa NEED to play WIU today in order to get some RPI points? Looking at the "Indirect Impact" games, I don't think that Iowa is going to get a whole lot of points. Most of those games will probably go in the opposite way that we want.

Wow, game has been cancelled! Get all the way there, play 1/2 inning then call game? What's the rain delay waiting period usually? Probably less for non conf. games and considering Iowa goes to Maryland tomorrow, certainly played a factor.

When all is said and done, probably a much better call to not mess with travel plans to get to Maryland. While this is admittedly pure conjecture on my part, I couldn't help but wonder whether the "ancillary" graduation activities last weekend were a bit of a distraction. (Maybe just wishful thinking on my part).

There wen't a decent chance to pickup 17 RPI points..ouch.
Not having those 17 points sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT