ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa women’s basketball fans can watch Friday’s Final Four game at Carver-Hawkeye Arena

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The Iowa Athletics Department will be hosting a free women’s basketball “watch party” on Friday evening at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Iowa advanced to the Final Four on Sunday with a 97-83 win over Louisville in Seattle. The Hawkeyes will play top-ranked and No. 1 seed South Carolina on Friday in Dallas, at approximately, 8:30 p.m. for a berth in Sunday’s national championship game.

Doors (north, south, west) to Carver-Hawkeye Arena will open at 7:30 p.m. Clear bag policy will be effect.

Advertisement

Fans attending the watch party will be asked to view the game on the jumbotron from the east side of the arena. Due to construction, access to the floor will not be available for fans.

Fans can park for free in all Carver-Hawkeye Arena surrounding lots, with no reserved parking.

Iowa Coach Lisa Bluder and the Hawkeyes (30-6) advanced to the program’s second Final Four in program history. It is Bluder’s first trip to the national championship weekend.

So you’re telling me, I could go to a bar and pay $3.00 a beer and watch the game, or go to carver and pay $10.00 a beer sand watch the game. I’ll pass.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I saw people bitching on Facebook yesterday that they’re only letting people sit on the east side of the arena. Are they doing renovations to CHA?
According to the article, it's because of construction of some sort.

Reactions: TJ8869
It's a blessing. I heard some pretty good stories about how this was likely to turn to a complete shitshow. Two concession stands were going to be open, 1 ice cream machine...the plan was for a max of 4000 people. I think they would have been surprised.

It's a blessing. I heard some pretty good stories about how this was likely to turn to a complete shitshow. Two concession stands were going to be open, 1 ice cream machine...the plan was for a max of 4000 people. I think they would have been surprised.
You don't want to run out of soft serve....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT