ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women Vs Purdue: 3:30pm On BTN

It feels like Clark could have had several and-1s. I know it's easier said than done, but once she's fouled on a layup attempt, she kind of just threw the shot hard off the glass instead of trying to make the shot.

I'll never get use to all these early tips during the week.

Why are professional basketball games starting at 2 pm on a Monday?..............

Hopefully Coach Bluder taking Clark out for most of the last 5 minutes is a wakeup call to her. There's no reason she should be as bad of a defender as she is.

Reactions: chuck285
Great experience today. Last 4 minutes the Hawkeyes really turn it on to win! Clark sees her team is more than capable without her. (personally, I thought they were dead team walking!) Team sees it too. Nice win with respect shared all the way around!
No Sellivan today?

Seeing 2+ games, it would honestly be a bit difficult playing with Clark. Whines about everything and body language to teammates is not exactly positive

Good player but acts like she reads her press clippings a little too much. Coach needs to show her a replay of the game from BTN with how she acts toward her teammates when something doesn’t go as she’d like or they make a mistake.

I think people are making too big of a deal about Clark's body language. I compare it to Fran's sideline antics. People have criticized those for years, but there's no real indication they have an impact on his team. By most accounts, Frans players love playing for him and still support the program even after they leave. By most accounts Clark's teammates and coaches get along with her well. She doesn't sound full of herself in any interview I've seen. Some people just show their emotions good or bad.

I think people are making too big of a deal about Clark's body language. I compare it to Fran's sideline antics. People have criticized those for years, but there's no real indication they have an impact on his team. By most accounts, Frans players love playing for him and still support the program even after they leave. By most accounts Clark's teammates and coaches get along with her well. She doesn't sound full of herself in any interview I've seen. Some people just show their emotions good or bad.

Good point. I remember Connor acting a bit similar the last year or two.

She has really taken a step back this year.
I think we'll be a lot better next year with the incoming talent and the fact that our two seniors Alexis Sevillian and Zion Sanders rarely play we won't be missing anything

I think we'll be a lot better next year with the incoming talent and the fact that our two seniors Alexis Sevillian and Zion Sanders rarely play we won't be missing anything
I agree the incoming recruits are an upgrade to what the team is graduating, actually a substantial upgrade. Lexi has a lot of experience that she can still help the team with in practice or sidelines so she still has that role to play. Her biggest downfall has always been not valuing the basketball and making poor decisions leading to turnovers.

MLK day. NBA been doing that for a while now.
True, but ever since covid games have been earlier.

Started last year with the NBA and has carried over to other sports.

MLB, I get, always has day games and football was never messed with outside of the random 11 am bowl game on a Tuesday........

But they're carrying this over with the NBA and even college basketball as well.

There's been several games taking place in the early afternoons even on weekdays. Granted I understand schools may not be back yet, and there's fan limitations, so they can do that, but it's still weird to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT