ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

GopherHole (Minnesota site) reporting that Audi Crooks is committing this Thursday. Accurate? GopherHole also reports that her final five is Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Minnesota.
Not sure if you saw this interview, but it sounds like all that information came from Audi herself.

https://gopherhole.com/7620-2/

Edit: reading into the interview a bit, I would guess it really comes down to Iowa and Iowa State (not that surprising). There isn't any evidence I could find quickly that says she went on a visit to Oklahoma or Wisconsin. Given that she went on others, that seems like a sign. She also called Minnesota a rebuild. While that assessment is accurate, I don't think that's what you'd be saying about the program you're committing to.

Last edited:
GopherHole (Minnesota site) reporting that Audi Crooks is committing this Thursday. Accurate? GopherHole also reports that her final five is Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Minnesota.
Well sounds like they talked to her. She has never said anything on social media, which is why I have never had any information.

For what it's worth, I think we end up with Crooks and Williams. I don't have any inside information. That's just my belief based on what's been shared and on current circumstances. Not sure if we take a 3rd player in the 2023 class or who that 3rd player might be.

For what it's worth, I think we end up with Crooks and Williams. I don't have any inside information. That's just my belief based on what's been shared and on current circumstances. Not sure if we take a 3rd player in the 2023 class or who that 3rd player might be.
Some guards still available for ‘23. Lenee Beaumont, Kennise Johnson-Etienne and Jasmine Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkahawk
Not sure if you saw this interview, but it sounds like all that information came from Audi herself.

https://gopherhole.com/7620-2/

Edit: reading into the interview a bit, I would guess it really comes down to Iowa and Iowa State (not that surprising). There isn't any evidence I could find quickly that says she went on a visit to Oklahoma or Wisconsin. Given that she went on others, that seems like a sign. She also called Minnesota a rebuild. While that assessment is accurate, I don't think that's what you'd be saying about the program you're committing to.
She did visit Wisconsin back in November.

If I had to guess I would say Iowa is the answer. I can't see Audi wanting to play for the psycho Fennelly. She has a quiet personality and I think she fits better with what Iowa is trying to do with their post players.

She's a very intriguing prospect. Completely dominates her level of competition, and she probably would dominate in any Iowa high school division. There is no one better in the country at developing offensive post players than Jan Jenson.

Can she be effective in Iowa's fast paced offense? I think so. She'd probably split minutes with O'Grady or Goodman for a couple years anyways. 100% worth the scholarship investment. She could be a dominant Big Ten player.

Reactions: bowlhawk
I wouldn't rule out Oklahoma. I think Jennie B. was at Drake when Audie received her Drake offer. She could have built a good relationship with Jennie at that time and has carried over to Oklahoma.

Naz Hillmon was taken in the second round of the WNBA draft last night. Should she have come back for another year or two?

Naz Hillmon was taken in the second round of the WNBA draft last night. Should she have come back for another year or two?
Only had one extra COVID year of college that she gave up. There's no reason for her to not start her career now. She's likely going to be playing in both the WNBA and Europe to make money. This isn't like the men's side where she could come back and try for a big, guaranteed first round contract. Plus there's only 12 picks in each round, so early 2nd round isn't that bad. She was the 15th overall pick.

Reactions: crstuff
Her stock was not going to improve with another year. What is hurting her stock is lack of perimeter shooting. Centers in the WNBA are expected to have the ability to hit from the outside. She will still be a valuable player but very similar to Megan G in terms of skill set. She is a little taller than Megan but will need to work on her outside game if she expects to play quality minutes. She's likely going to be a reserve her first few years and will need to develop her game overseas.

Reactions: crstuff and jockos
Her stock was not going to improve with another year. What is hurting her stock is lack of perimeter shooting. Centers in the WNBA are expected to have the ability to hit from the outside. She will still be a valuable player but very similar to Megan G in terms of skill set. She is a little taller than Megan but will need to work on her outside game if she expects to play quality minutes. She's likely going to be a reserve her first few years and will need to develop her game overseas.

They listed her at 6'2" last night. I thought Megan was 6'3' Probably not much difference one way or the other.

Oklahoma could be destination for Williams.

Reactions: UptownHawk
Oklahoma could be destination for Williams.
Disappointing news, especially given your track record for posting accurate information. Williams seems like the best chance for a ‘23 recruit who could really help in year one.

So it’s sounding like we maybe get only 1 2023 recruit in Crooks. So with that, I would guess that Kate, Gabbie, and McKenna (or some combination of them) will take their covid year.

If I had to guess I would say Iowa is the answer. I can't see Audi wanting to play for the psycho Fennelly. She has a quiet personality and I think she fits better with what Iowa is trying to do with their post players.
After watching Fennelly go berserk on a number of occasions, I agree he looks like a guy that could wear on kids.

ISU has had quite a fairly high turnover of the roster with kids leaving and after seeing the guy in person last summer...I 'd say he might be an alcoholic...which could explain his turbulent behavior.

After watching Fennelly go berserk on a number of occasions, I agree he looks like a guy that could wear on kids.

ISU has had quite a fairly high turnover of the roster with kids leaving and after seeing the guy in person last summer...I 'd say he might be an alcoholic...which could explain his turbulent behavior.
Not liking a rival coach is fine. Pointing out that they have a lot of transfers is fine. Even questioning their demonstrated behavior towards players, officials, etc. is fine.

But to me, accusing a coach of being an alcoholic goes too far. There's just no need for it. All it does is make our fan base and school look bad.

Not liking a rival coach is fine. Pointing out that they have a lot of transfers is fine. Even questioning their demonstrated behavior towards players, officials, etc. is fine.

But to me, accusing a coach of being an alcoholic goes too far. There's just no need for it. All it does is make our fan base and school look bad.
images.jpg

But yes, I agree with you on not making accusations without proof.

So it’s sounding like we maybe get only 1 2023 recruit in Crooks. So with that, I would guess that Kate, Gabbie, and McKenna (or some combination of them) will take their covid year.
Not sure they'd come back while losing their starting position.

At the end of next year, All three 22 recruits will be better than next year's seniors.

And with the news that Crooks is likely going to Iowa State, I think this is even more likely. Either that, or the coaches are actively considering the Indiana portal route after next year.

And with the news that Crooks is likely going to Iowa State, I think this is even more likely. Either that, or the coaches are actively considering the Indiana portal route after next year.
It would have been hard for her to get minutes behind Addy and Sharon and soon to be Jada. I'm honestly not quite sure why the coaching staff continued to recruit her when we have other needs, particularly in the guard court where depth is extremely limited. The only reason that I think we don't pursue PG/SG heavily for '23 would be if Bluder has already decided to bring Kate/Gabbie back.

Again I'm all for rewarding seniors but at some point you hinder the development of the team but not being in young bodies.

Reactions: crstuff
I don’t mean to bash on the kid and best of luck wherever she goes but I’m not too broken up about it. I just can’t see her fitting in to the system Lisa obviously wants to play. Not sour grapes, just think it’s a square peg/round hole situation.
That's about where I am too. I could see scenarios where she is a very good college player, but even in the best scenarios we would have to tailor the offense around her somewhat. 5s like O'Grady and Goodman have joined the program and contributed right away without any system changes. And there's no guarantee that she would ever develop into a starter.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
That's about where I am too. I could see scenarios where she is a very good college player, but even in the best scenarios we would have to tailor the offense around her somewhat.
One thing we know for sure --Lisa Bluder was willing to make any necessary adjustments to Iowa's system in order to accommodate Crooks. Iowa devoted substantial time and expense in their full-court press to land Crooks.

This strongly suggests that (a) Bluder concluded that adding Crooks would not require major adjustments; and/or (b) Crooks talent and athleticism is potentially elite and worth the effort. Probably both to some degree.

I believe Crooks will develop into a major force in college. It would really suck to lose the in-state recruiting battle to ISU.

ADVERTISEMENT