ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

don’t have your answer but wanted to add a question….. “ what class is Maddie Greenway in?”

now that we took a 5’7” transfer guard looks like maybe her height isn’t a huge deal to Bluder
The importance of a player's height depends on their playing style. From tape, driving is an important part of Greenway's game. The taller she grows, the easier it will be for her to finish around the basket.

Davis has taken approximately 50% of her shots from 2 and 50% of her shots from 3 in her career. My guess is she might even take more 3s at Iowa because Clark and Czinano will force defenders to play further off her. Height is less important for a jump shooter.

I don't mean this to read that Iowa wouldn't be interested in Greenway unless she grows. Just that her game will become more effective the taller she is imo.

Reactions: natchrlman
The importance of a player's height depends on their playing style. From tape, driving is an important part of Greenway's game. The taller she grows, the easier it will be for her to finish around the basket.

Davis has taken approximately 50% of her shots from 2 and 50% of her shots from 3 in her career. My guess is she might even take more 3s at Iowa because Clark and Czinano will force defenders to play further off her. Height is less important for a jump shooter.

I don't mean this to read that Iowa wouldn't be interested in Greenway unless she grows. Just that her game will become more effective the taller she is imo.
Greenway is an incredibly fluid 3 point shooter. She just doesn't need to take a lot of shots due to the Counts sister being the primary targets.

If there is one thing that Maddyn can improve on it's her Assist/TO ratio. She does get a little sped up and out of control at times.

I think an offer will come at some point given her level of interest and skillset. I don't think Bluder is looking that far ahead with the exception of the one '27 prospect who is a prodigy.

Bluder has said if a player can play she doesn't care about height. This was back when she had 5'5 Whitney Jennings and brought in 5'3 Tania Davis too. They ending up starting together the last 1/3 of a season too.

Regarding Murray, I heard she was injured a while back so maybe she will be a late bloomer on the court like her brothers. Haven't heard much about her otherwise.

Greenway is an incredibly fluid 3 point shooter. She just doesn't need to take a lot of shots due to the Counts sister being the primary targets.

If there is one thing that Maddyn can improve on it's her Assist/TO ratio. She does get a little sped up and out of control at times.

I think an offer will come at some point given her level of interest and skillset. I don't think Bluder is looking that far ahead with the exception of the one '27 prospect who is a prodigy.
If Bluder doesn't offer Greenway, then she needs to start planning her retirement. It doesn't get much more no-brainer than that. You have a highly skilled recruit that was tearing up Minnesota high school bball as an 8th grader, from an extremely athletic family, with parents that are both alums and bleed black and gold.

Maybe she wants to play another sport. Or maybe she gets recruited by a blue blood. But you still have to try.

Last edited:
If Bluder doesn't offer Greenway, then she needs to start planning her retirement. It doesn't get much more no-brainer than that. You have a highly skilled recruit that was tearing up Minnesota high school bball as an 8th grader, from an extremely athletic family, with parents that are both alums and bleed black and gold.

Maybe she wants to play another sport. Or maybe she gets recruited by a blue blood. But you still have to try.
Maddie has already said on the record that she wants to play for Iowa.

Molly Davis is followed by coaches at Miss State, Minnesota, Virginia, Southeast Missouri St, Lipscomb, Youngstown St, Bradley, TCU, Clemson, Providence, UMass, Colorado St, Illinois and Denver.

Curious how many of those were interested in her in the portal.
Final Four were Michigan State, Minnesota, Bowling Green and Iowa.

Reactions: millhawk

Who is the 27 prospect?

Iowa will no doubt follow Greenway closely this spring and summer. Will be interesting to gauge her development against higher level competition. While Greenway has done well in limited opportunities against higher level high school competition, Providence Academy is a 2A school that plays a pretty weak schedule. Will also be interesting to see if Providence challenges itself a little more in future years, given the presence of Greenway.

I believe it's someone named Lewis, as in Lewis and Clark.
Sydney Savoury -- OSU, Michigan and Purdue have already offered. 5'11' G out of Michigan. She's only 12. She is playing all 5 positions in AAU. Could still grow. Excellent range. Hard to find a lot of info on her with her being so young. Just looking at her offers and her size, she'll likely be a top recruit in her class.

Iowa will no doubt follow Greenway closely this spring and summer. Will be interesting to gauge her development against higher level competition. While Greenway has done well in limited opportunities against higher level high school competition, Providence Academy is a 2A school that plays a pretty weak schedule. Will also be interesting to see if Providence challenges itself a little more in future years, given the presence of Greenway.
Providence will schedule "non-conference" games against upper echelon schools and they go to quite a few invitational tournaments. They played and beat Olivia Olson's team.

It's possible Greenway could transfer schools to increase her visibility, particularly as she is entering HS. There has been some whispers of that happening but no solid evidence. The team is really close and is young and likely the favorite to repeat for a title.

Minnesota has offered so she's not an unknown. She's been dominant at the 2A level. Would like to see what she does in the AAU circuit.

Being that she's a '26 recruit I'm not too concerned that she doesn't have an offer yet. The coaches will likely be focused hard on the '24 class.

FWIW, I wouldn’t call Olivia Olson’s team a top level all class team, although Olson is an elite prospect. Also, I don’t believe Providence played a single team that finished in the 4A top ten. Those teams had 6-7 national top 100 players in the junior and senior classes. With 4 more years, Greenway has plenty of time to play against Minnesota’s top teams. Would be nice to see Providence take on Hopkins next year.

Quote from above:

I would assume that Assist/TO would improve after 4 more years! She is ONLY in 8th grade. How good were almost all of us at that age!?!?! (I wasn't any good at any age. LOL)

Quote from above:

I would assume that Assist/TO would improve after 4 more years! She is ONLY in 8th grade. How good were almost all of us at that age!?!?! (I wasn't any good at any age. LOL)
I was awesome in 8th grade. Then everyone else caught up on the 6" I had over them since I grew first, and was back to being 'decent'.

Reactions: LinusPF
Quote from above:

I'm sure it will too. If I had to guess why Bluder has not offered yet, my thought would be that the staff doesn't want to scare off potential commitments from Olson '24 or Savoury '27 by offering Maddyn for '26

I'm sure it will too. If I had to guess why Bluder has not offered yet, my thought would be that the staff doesn't want to scare off potential commitments from Olson '24 or Savoury '27 by offering Maddyn for '26
I don't see why Greenway would impact Olson. Olson is a higher ranked recruit in her class, is 2 years ahead, and is likely best suited to play the 2 or 3 (even if she could play the 1). Even if Greenway is the next Clark (she's not, we should never expect this) there's still plenty of room in the lineup for Olson.

I also don't think Savoury is holding up a Greenway offer. Greenway will almost certainly make her choice before Savoury (given that she's in the class ahead). Holding a Greenway offer to wait on Savoury would just result in us losing Greenway.

Sydney Savoury -- OSU, Michigan and Purdue have already offered. 5'11' G out of Michigan. She's only 12. She is playing all 5 positions in AAU. Could still grow. Excellent range. Hard to find a lot of info on her with her being so young. Just looking at her offers and her size, she'll likely be a top recruit in her class.
Thank You, Gabe!

5546 vs Arlington
6283 vs Georgia

9pm start time vs Arlington, but no excuse for the lousy Georgia attendance (7pm)
Their games did conflict with their men's games (6:20 and 5:10), but no worse than the Hawkeyes' did in 2019 when (I think) we set the attendance record.

Several of these schools had just over half the fans for the first round game that they reported as their average attendance during the regular season. Iowa's was nearly 3x higher than our reported average. It's pretty clear that many schools just inflate their regular season numbers.

Reactions: mphawk

Per Hawkeyesports Iowa's attendance last year was 8224.

Per Hawkeyesports Iowa's attendance last year was 8224.
I can't link the specific page but you can see the rankings for the season here: https://stats.ncaa.org/

RankSchoolAverage Attendance
1South Carolina12,268
2Iowa State9,567
3UConn8,892
4Louisville8,361
5Iowa8,224
6Arizona7,822
7Oregon7,751
8Tennessee7,477
9LSU7,167
10Gonzaga5,120

Reactions: crstuff