ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Correct. I’m just sharing girls that Iowa has offered. Kamrah has a lot of offers. I’d have to rebuild the list from the beginning of the thread, but it’s quite large.
😎👍
I just posted the tweet here for the record, since [from what I could tell from a thread search] it wasn’t posted before.

Reactions: KyleHuesmann
😎👍
I just posted the tweet here for the record, since [from what I could tell from a thread search] it wasn’t posted before.
Yeah most of the recruits we discuss had offers before Iowa started covering Iowa WBB. Wish there was more I could share, but there isn’t a ton of news on WBB recruiting.

Halle Vice from Pleasant Valley committed to Marquette this morning. I think Iowa had interest but never actually offered. I thought she might be a candidate for a late offer if Iowa didn't hit on other targets. This another sign that we will be taking few (or even no) players in the 2023 class.

Halle Vice from Pleasant Valley committed to Marquette this morning. I think Iowa had interest but never actually offered. I thought she might be a candidate for a late offer if Iowa didn't hit on other targets. This another sign that we will be taking few (or even no) players in the 2023 class.
I think she's good enough to play at Iowa. Too bad...

Not surprising, but still disappointing. Thought she was the one ‘23 recruit that might help elevate Iowa in Clark’s last year (assuming no Covid year).
We're really heavy at the forward position. I think the coaches are focusing on the '24 class. We might only have one scholarship to next season so any player would have to really be a game changer. I don't see any '23 recruits being added. With the transfer portal being so bountiful, maybe see what available after next season or go big in the '24 class which is talent rich.

Reactions: crstuff
Baranczyk pulling Iowans... She's pretty well connected and respected in the state.

Off topic, if she has any degree of success as a sooner, I assume she will remain on the short list whenever Bluder decides to step away
She should be the #1 candidate and sell the farm to bring her here. She's turned out to be a great coach. 8 straight years finishing in the top 3 of her conference, including taking Oklahoma to 25 wins in her first season.

A big blow to the hawks as she was a priority for the staff. It will be interesting to see which of the 3 seniors (Warnock, Martin, Marshall) will return for the COVID year. Will all 3 be invited back? Also of interest is how Lisa will handle the playing time for the 2 backup post players, Goodman and OGrady. IMO OGrady has unlimited potential.

Reactions: BDJHawk and crstuff
A big blow to the hawks as she was a priority for the staff. It will be interesting to see which of the 3 seniors (Warnock, Martin, Marshall) will return for the COVID year. Will all 3 be invited back? Also of interest is how Lisa will handle the playing time for the 2 backup post players, Goodman and OGrady. IMO OGrady has unlimited potential.
Davis is also part of that senior group now, and I imagine she is also highly likely to want to take the extra Covid year.

I agree that O'Grady has a really high potential. She probably has the upper hand on Goodman due to that potential and her having played all of last year while Goodman was out. That said, I really like Goodman still. She's one of those players who gets every ounce out of her natural ability. I bet she bounces back well.

We're light on guards so Davis or Marshall, maybe both, come back if they're interested. Martin is related to Jan so if she's interested she'll have an opportunity.

Warnock is iffy. If incoming freshman play well it works against Warnock. If the transfer portal has players the coaches covet, it works against Warnock.

If Warnock had an excellent year maybe the coaches keep her too. Nothing wrong with hanging on to know commodities.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberhawk
We're light on guards so Davis or Marshall, maybe both, come back if they're interested. Martin is related to Jan so if she's interested she'll have an opportunity.

Warnock is iffy. If incoming freshman play well it works against Warnock. Of the transfer portal has players the coaches covet, it works against Warnock.

If Warnock had an excellent year maybe the coaches keep her too. Nothing wrong with hanging on to know commodities.
Of our incoming freshman, I think Stuelke probably has the highest ceiling and she plays Warnock's position. On the other hand, Warnock is our third best player right now, so Stuelke would have to be really good right away to justify having Warnock move on. Our ideal situation for 2023-2024 is probably to have Warnock back but to have Stuelke be good enough that they split minutes at the 4.

I think there's a decent chance one of Davis or Marshall doesn't come back for the Covid year. They fulfill essentially the same role on the team (other than Marshall not being the backup PG), and McCabe should certainly be ready for meaningful minutes in 2023-2024 if not sooner. My guess would be that Marshall doesn't return, but a guess is all that is.

I think Martin is most likely to return. Feuerbach will be good enough to start by 2023-2024, but Martin is a team leader and the coaches love her. She also flashed some potential to take her game to another level at the end of the season. If she could do that, it would be huge for the team.

Warnock is iffy. If incoming freshman play well it works against Warnock. Of the transfer portal has players the coaches covet, it works against Warnock.

LOL, that's just, dumb. Kate's relation to Jan has literally no play in coming back for an extra covid year.

We're still a year away from that decision and plenty can happen between now and then, but if the decision to use a covid year had to be made right now for Kate, I was told she was leaning towards calling it a career. She just graduated, so next year is going to be grad school for her anyway.

Don’t have a link but Davis indicated in one of her interviews that she plans on playing at Iowa for 2 years.

Reactions: crstuff
LOL, that's just, dumb. Kate's relation to Jan has literally no play in coming back for an extra covid year.

We're still a year away from that decision and plenty can happen between now and then, but if the decision to use a covid year had to be made right now for Kate, I was told she was leaning towards calling it a career. She just graduated, so next year is going to be grad school for her anyway.
So getting a 2nd year of grad school paid for is dumb?

Hmm ...

Nice try.

Linking Kate and Jan's family relationship to Kate getting a COVID year definitely is.
Kate will definitely have an opportunity to have a “COVID” year, whether it is at Iowa or elsewhere, if she chooses. Iowa does not have to honor her that extra year, but they could allow her to return [that is if she wants]. I do not think that it is “dumb” to believe that her familial relationship to Coach Jensen could have an impact in the coaches decision to offer her another year [at iowa]. It almost certainly had some impact on their decision to offer her a scholarship in the first place.

For the record, l am 100% for giving everyone another year.

Last edited:
McKenna Warnock will be applying to Dentistry School after this season, or that was her plan. Not sure how that would work if she wanted to take her Covid year, or she could decide to put her academic plan on hold for a year.

If Iowa does sign a recruit or two this November that will probably determine who is invited back of the 3.

Kate will definitely have an opportunity to have a “COVID” year, whether it is at Iowa or elsewhere, if she chooses. Iowa does not have to honor her that extra year, but they could allow her to return [that is if she wants]. I do not think that it is “dumb” to believe that her familial relationship to Coach Jensen could have an impact in the coaches decision to offer her another year [at iowa]. It almost certainly had some impact on their decision to offer her a scholarship in the first place.

For the record, l am 100% for giving everyone another year.
Are you really trying to imply here that if there was 1 COVID ride available, the fact that Kate and Jan are related would give her the in on that ride? Holy shit.

Nice try.

Linking Kate and Jan's family relationship to Kate getting a COVID year definitely is.
Grad school at Iowa is not cheap. Combined with living expenses yes, that would be a compulsion if she is serious about grad school. But if she's just taking post-grad classes to stay eligible, then I can't see her staying on.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Are you really trying to imply here that if there was 1 COVID ride available, the fact that Kate and Jan are related would give her the in on that ride? Holy shit.
No, I’m not implying that at all. No need to be offended.

Grad school at Iowa is not cheap. Combined with living expenses yes, that would be a compulsion if she is serious about grad school. But if she's just taking post-grad classes to stay eligible, then I can't see her staying on.
Or you could think of it that she'd have 1 year covered, so she would have had all undergrad and some grad school covered, and then could probably handle 1 year of paying/loans on her own. Besides, with all of the implied talk of nepotism here, wouldn't she just live with Jan for a year to get residency then complete her studies? (smdh)

Like I said before, a LONG way to go before that decision is to be made, I was just passing along what I've heard. With the beatings that she takes out there, and having been part of some great Hawkeye teams, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to hear she is going to move on to life off the court after next year.

Last edited:

She's already been at Iowa for 5 years so if she takes a COVID year it'd be her 6th. I think what will drive Kate's decision is whether she has any plans for BB after college. If she is leaning towards calling it a career she might be thinking of life after basketball.

I think the only way she would consider coming back would be if she has a breakout year and Iowa makes a deep run. Otherwise, if she is seriously considering calling it a career she might just decide to graduate and move to life after basketball.

Iowa will be okay no matter what she does. Personally, I'm not a fan of the COVID year. Of the players that are eligible to come back, Kate is the strongest player of the bunch and the hardest to replace because she does so much. She'll make a great coach if she ever decides to explore that option.

She's already been at Iowa for 5 years so if she takes a COVID year it'd be her 6th. I think what will drive Kate's decision is whether she has any plans for BB after college. If she is leaning towards calling it a career she might be thinking of life after basketball.

I think the only way she would consider coming back would be if she has a breakout year and Iowa makes a deep run. Otherwise, if she is seriously considering calling it a career she might just decide to graduate and move to life after basketball.

Iowa will be okay no matter what she does. Personally, I'm not a fan of the COVID year. Of the players that are eligible to come back, Kate is the strongest player of the bunch and the hardest to replace because she does so much. She'll make a great coach if she ever decides to explore that option.

would you please clarify your second paragraph? If she has a 6th year for covid coming, how could she know if she is going to have a break out year and Iowa makes a deep run, unless she is playing her 6th year?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
would you please clarify your second paragraph? If she has a 6th year for covid coming, how could she know if she is going to have a break out year and Iowa makes a deep run, unless she is playing her 6th year?
She is currently in her 5th year (22-23). Her first season was a medical redshirt. She still has the option for a COVID year which would be her 6th year (23-24).

So she can have a breakout season in 22-23 resulting in Iowa making a deep run and then decide to return fpr 23-24. For instance, If Iowa were to make a FInal Four in 22-23, the opportunity to return to the FF or dare I say compete for an NC might be too much to pass up.

My gut feeling ,however, is that she'll just decide to graduate after this season as I don't believe she currently has professional aspirations. But I'm not privy to any inside info so I could be wrong.

She is currently in her 5th year (22-23). Her first season was a medical redshirt. She still has the option for a COVID year which would be her 6th year (23-24).

So she can have a breakout season in 22-23 resulting in Iowa making a deep run and then decide to return fpr 23-24. For instance, If Iowa were to make a FInal Four in 22-23, the opportunity to return to the FF or dare I say compete for an NC might be too much to pass up.

My gut feeling ,however, is that she'll just decide to graduate after this season as I don't believe she currently has professional aspirations. But I'm not privy to any inside info so I could be wrong.
So you mean after next season.

The Hawks are bringing back the whole starting lineup, and the only consequential loss is Taiwo. But we did add Molly Davis, who gives us the back-up PG we've been sorely needing, and our recruiting class, by the end of the season, is going to add nice depth, scoring, and size. So, we're probably going to improve as a team this year, and next, depending on who takes covid years, etc. But I am concerned that we haven't maximized the recognition that Caitlin should have brought in terms of recruiting for 2023 and 2024. But when it comes to NIL, is this a determining factor in Iowa recruiting?

Not surprising, but still disappointing. Thought she was the one ‘23 recruit that might help elevate Iowa in Clark’s last year (assuming no Covid year).
I can't imagine that Caitlin would take a Covid year. She's been quite clear she wants to play in the W. But I agree that it's concerning that we've lost so many targets.

ADVERTISEMENT