ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

The fact that we are paying attention to an 8th grader does bother me on some level....but

Maddyn finished 3rd in Class AA in the 300 hurdles and was part of the winning 4x4 team.

Wasn't even looking for her - ran my share of track and CC in the same Section as she does in Minnesota so always check out the Section and State results.

My guess is Kennise Johnson-Etienne, but WBB isn’t like other sports with information available, so I don’t really have anything to support that.

I have been saying for a while that I thought she was coming to Iowa.
Recruits usually take plenty of unofficial visits in the summers. It could certainly be Johnson-Etienne, but it could also be any other player we have interest in from the class of 2023 through the class of 2026 or 2027. We probably won't find out either unless the recruit Tweets about the visit.

Recruits usually take plenty of unofficial visits in the summers. It could certainly be Johnson-Etienne, but it could also be any other player we have interest in from the class of 2023 through the class of 2026 or 2027. We probably won't find out either unless the recruit Tweets about the visit.
Coaches don’t normally tweet about visits. Tom and I were discussing it potentially being an official visit, which people mean it is an incoming high school senior.

That would cut it down to Johnson-Etienne or Jasmine Brown.

Reactions: natchrlman
Coaches don’t normally tweet about visits. Tom and I were discussing it potentially being an official visit, which people mean it is an incoming high school senior.

I was curious so I went back through her Tweets from last summer. She Tweeted about recruits visiting campus 9 different times between June and the start of practice in late September (June 10, June 23, June 24, June 29, July 2, August 4, September 3, September 18, September 25).

The last 3 of those were for football weekends, but the 6 before weren't and I didn't include the camp Iowa held for recruits in my count. I know last year was abnormal in that visits weren't allowed for a while due to Covid, but were all of those Tweets about official visits? That seems like a ton of official visits to end up with 0 commits in the 2023 class.

I was curious so I went back through her Tweets from last summer. She Tweeted about recruits visiting campus 9 different times between June and the start of practice in late September (June 10, June 23, June 24, June 29, July 2, August 4, September 3, September 18, September 25).

The last 3 of those were for football weekends, but the 6 before weren't and I didn't include the camp Iowa held for recruits in my count. I know last year was abnormal in that visits weren't allowed for a while due to Covid, but were all of those Tweets about official visits? That seems like a ton of official visits to end up with 0 commits in the 2023 class.
Well if that’s the case then I have no idea who the tweet is about.

Right up there with Kiah Stokes as an in-state recruiting loss. Lisa/Jan have such a hard time attracting players who can help cure Iowa’s near perennial rebounding and defensive weaknesses. Stuelke is cause for optimism in this regard, but Stuelke and Williams in successive years would have been nice.
And Nina Smith.

Definitely not positive on this, but I think this might be 2023 wing Ava Jones from Kansas. She’s ranked as the #83 player in the country by ESPN. I haven’t seen her list an offer but it wouldn’t shock me if she has one or gets one on a potential visit.

Ava Jones

Definitely not positive on this, but I think this might be 2023 wing Ava Jones from Kansas. She’s ranked as the #83 player in the country by ESPN. I haven’t seen her list an offer but it wouldn’t shock me if she has one or gets one on a potential visit.

Ava Jones
Ok, so Ava Jones has been offered by Iowa. She was initially committed to Arizona State, but decommitted back in March.

Has offers from Iowa, Drake, Oklahoma State, Wichita State, Texas Tech, Kansas, Tulsa, Ohio State, TCU and Minnesota.

This offer graphic says has the Southwest Elite logo in the corner and their twitter account liked Jan Jensen’s tweet yesterday.

Ok, so Ava Jones has been offered by Iowa. She was initially committed to Arizona State, but decommitted back in March.

Has offers from Iowa, Drake, Oklahoma State, Wichita State, Texas Tech, Kansas, Tulsa, Ohio State, TCU and Minnesota.

This offer graphic says has the Southwest Elite logo in the corner and their twitter account liked Jan Jensen’s tweet yesterday.
She committed to ASU before I began covering WBB, which is why I never knew about her and never saw her decommit tweet.

Reactions: haightt
Iowa didn't want Nina, she had drug problem and abandoned her daughter to be raised by her parents. She's been poison get while life

The tweet about a young gun is about Davidson.
I don’t believe so. Ava Jones AAU team liked the tweet and her AAU organization Southwest Elite liked and retweeted it.

Reactions: crstuff

According to her Instagram, she has visited Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas and Texas Tech since April.

Also looks like she has offers from Clemson, Iowa State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Creighton, Washington State, Kansas State and Kansas City to add to the list above.

Her Top 7 back in 2020, which was pre-Arizona State commitment.

She committed to ASU before I began covering WBB, which is why I never knew about her and never saw her decommit tweet.
According to her Instagram, she has visited Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas and Texas Tech since April.

Also looks like she has offers from Clemson, Iowa State, West Virginia, Nebraska, Creighton, Washington State, Kansas State and Kansas City to add to the list above.

Her Top 7 back in 2020, which was pre-Arizona State commitment.
There's some film of her. 6'2", mobile. Aggressive D, likes to block shots. Looks like she also plays volleyball, so she's worked on her vertical, and timing. Her shooting form and footwork need a little help, but I'm not sure which year I was seeing. Looks like a good fit.

Girls
The fact that we are paying attention to an 8th grader does bother me on some level....but

Maddyn finished 3rd in Class AA in the 300 hurdles and was part of the winning 4x4 team.

Wasn't even looking for her - ran my share of track and CC in the same Section as she does in Minnesota so always check out the Section and State results.

Girls Develop Foster then boys and most are full grown @8th grade.

Clark and Stuelke had offers before 8th grade.

Recruiting is different for girls

ADVERTISEMENT