ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Can’t find much info on her as she evidently played for a private academy in Illinois. Possibly a bit under the radar ? . . .
I used to think I understood what “under the radar” means in terms of recruiting, but as time has gone on, I’ve become less certain. JEDN’s post reminded me of perhaps my confusion about the phrase and my reply is talking generally, not limited to JEDN’s usage.

Sometimes it seems like people use the phrase to refer to a recruit who is largely unknown to recruiters. Perhaps I misunderstand, but other times it seem like the phrase refers to a player who is well known to recruiters, but frequently passed over (rejected), perhaps because of size or some other reason. This second understanding might apply to Johnson-Etienne, as I understand things.

Reactions: nu2u
but other times it seem like the phrase refers to a player who is well known to recruiters, but frequently passed over (rejected), perhaps because of size or some other reason. This second understanding might apply to Johnson-Etienne, as I understand things.
This is my understanding.

Sorry my use of the term “under the radar” raised your ire , as I assumed it was self explanatory. As I noted she plays for a private academy and question whether she would receive the same exposure as those playing for the pubic and parochial teams and leagues. The lack of major program interest might be a result of a perceived lack of exposure or not.

Sorry my use of the term “under the radar” raised your ire , as I assumed it was self explanatory. As I noted she plays for a private academy and question whether she would receive the same exposure as those playing for the pubic and parochial teams and leagues. The lack of major program interest might be a result of a perceived lack of exposure or not.
No ire raised, and I was trying to make clear in my post that I wasn’t being critical of you, but was talking more generally about a term I have come to regard as vague or confusing. I’ll try to do better in the future. Peace

Still hoping that Ava Jones from Kansas commits. She seems to be the kind of recruit that would be a perfect fit.

I can't remember what her timeline was for committing, but I thought she had planned on visiting another school or two.

Still hoping that Ava Jones from Kansas commits. She seems to be the kind of recruit that would be a perfect fit.

I can't remember what her timeline was for committing, but I thought she had planned on visiting another school or two.
Correct. Was visiting Missouri State and Oregon State after Iowa. Looking to make a decision mid-July.

Under the radar also happens when a player is injured in high school and misses an AAU season so all the related evaluation event when many would have seen them.

Reactions: crstuff and AMAYS
Feels like a good time for a full reset on the WBB recruiting list. It has changed a large amount since the beginning of this thread.

CLASS of 2023
PG Kennise Johnson-Etienne (Plainfield, IL - Example Academy) COMMITTED

Wing Ava Jones (Nickerson, KS - Nickerson High School) #83 and #14 Wing ESPN HoopGurlz 2023
Committed to Arizona State February 2021 - Decommitted March 2022
Offers- Iowa, Drake, Oklahoma State, Wichita State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, TCU, Ohio State and Minnesota
Visits- Kansas (April), Texas Tech (April), Kansas State (June), Oklahoma State (June), Iowa (June)
Upcoming Visits- Missouri State (June), Oregon State (June)

G Jasmine Brown (Sherwood, IL - Example Academy) #48 and #25 Guard ESPN HoopGurlz 2023
Offers-
Iowa, Rutgers, Illinois, Michigan, Belmont, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Clemson, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Alabama, Kansas State, North Carolina, Penn State, Arizona State, Marquette, Illinois State, Arkansas State, Bradley, Green Bay, Butler, Dayton, Seton Hall, George Mason, Northeastern, Xavier, Indiana State, SMU, DePaul and George Washington

CLASS of 2024
PG Callie Levin (Solon, IA - Solon HS) COMMITTED

PG Olivia Olson (St Louis Park, MN - Benilde-St Margaret's HS) #3 and #2 PG ESPN HoopGurlz 2024
Offers-
Iowa, Connecticut, Oregon State, Iowa State, Minnesota, Kansas State, Vanderbilt, Ohio State, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Virginia, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Baylor, Maryland, North Carolina State, Rutgers, Tennessee, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Florida and more. Has more than 40 offers, but I was only able to find these 23 offers
Visits-
Nebraska (June 2021), Iowa (June 2021), Iowa State (June 2021), Notre Dame (September 2021), Michigan State (September 2021), Michigan (September 2021), Oregon State (January 2022), Oregon (January 2022), Tennessee (April 2022), Vanderbilt (April 2022)

G Britt Prince (Omaha, NE - Elkhorn North HS) #11 and #5 PG ESPN HoopGurlz 2024
Offers-
Iowa, Mississippi State, Missouri, Harvard, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, North Carolina State, Penn State, Marquette, Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Oregon, Maryland, Creighton, Nebraska, Iowa State, Louisville, North Carolina, South Dakota State and Omaha
Visits- Nebraska (June 2021), Creighton (June 2021), Indiana (June 2021), Iowa (July 2021), Oklahoma (August 2021), Iowa State (August 2021)

PG Jordyn Poole (Fort Wayne, IN - Snider HS) #55 and #20 PG ESPN HoopGurlz 2024
Offers-
Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Dayton and Xavier - assuming more offers, but none more are listed on her twitter.
Visits- Kentucky Camp (June 2021), Marquette (June 2021), Ohio State (June 2021), Michigan (June 2021), Ball State (June 2021), Xavier Camp (June 2021), Xavier (August 2021), Pittsburgh (August 2021), Purdue (October 2021), Kentucky Camp (June 2022), Eastern Michigan (June 2022)

SF Hannah Coons (Kiefer, OK - Kiefer HS)
Offers- Iowa, Evansville, Tulsa and Oral Roberts
Visits- Iowa (September 2021), Oral Roberts (September 2021), Illinois State (October 2021), St Louis (November 2021)

F Amiah Hargrove (Christopher, IL - Christopher HS)
Offers- Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, St Louis, Marquette, Missouri State, Arkansas State and Delaware State
Visits- Louisville Camp (June 2021), St Louis (June 2021), Iowa (October 2021), Iowa (February 2022)

PG Taylor Stremlow (Verona, WI - Verona HS)
Offers- Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Providence, Marquette, Montana State, Green Bay and St Thomas
Visits- Wisconsin (September 2021)

G Chloe Spreen (Bedford, IN - North Lawrence HS)
Offers- Iowa, Indiana, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, Minnesota and Michigan State
Visits- Indiana (October 2019), Ohio State (June 2021), Vanderbilt (June 2021), North Carolina (October 2021)

C Trinity Wilson (Lakeville, MN - Lakeville North) Not Offered
Offers-
Vanderbilt and St Thomas
Visits- St Thomas (October 2021), Iowa (June 2022)

G Olivia Loomis-Goltl (Bridgeport, NE - Bridgeport HS) Not Offered
Offers-
Wichita State, Omaha, Colorado State,
Visits- Omaha (August 2021), Creighton (August 2021), Oklahoma State (October 2021), Colorado State (November 2021)

CLASS of 2025
G Jasmine Davidson (Happy Valley, OR - Clackamas HS) #1 and #1 Guard ESPN HoopGurlz 2025
Offers-
Iowa, USC, California, Texas A&M, North Carolina, UCLA, Utah, Oregon and Stanford
Visits- Oregon (January 2022)

Wing Aniya Trent (Springboro, OH - Springboro HS) #24 and #5 Wing ESPN HoopGurlz 2025
Offers-
Iowa, Wisconsin, Harvard, Toledo, Illinois State, Illinois, Cincinnati, Xavier and Dayton
Visits: Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Illinois (June 2022)

G Divine Bourrage (Davenport, IA - Davenport North HS)
Offers- Iowa and Iowa State
Visits- Iowa (September 2021), Iowa State (September 2021)

SF Journey Houston (Davenport, IA - Davenport North HS)
Offers- Iowa, Iowa State and Michigan
Visits- Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (October 2021)

F Bryn Martin (Springboro, OH - Springboro HS)
Offers- Harvard, Illinois, Xavier and Dayton
Michigan Elite Camp (August 2021), Dayton Camp (August 2021), Michigan (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Illinois (June 2022)

C Avery Gordon (Brownsburg, IN - Brownsburg HS)
Offers- Iowa, Purdue, Omaha, Evansville, Butler and Toledo
Visits- Iowa (June 2022), Purdue (June 2022), Xavier (June 2022), Butler (June 2022)

G Jordan Speiser (St Peters, MO - Lutheran St Charles HS)
Offers- Iowa, Arkansas, DePaul, Florida Atlantic, Purdue, Missouri State, Kansas State, Kansas Illinois and Missouri
Visits- Iowa Elite Camp (June 2021), Missouri (June 2021), Kansas (July 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Missouri (October 2021)

G Destiny Jackson (Chicago, IL - Whitney Young HS)
Offers- Iowa, Florida, Mississippi State, Illinois, Ohio State, Arizona State, Marquette, Cincinnati and Milwaukee
Visits- Louisville Elite Camp(June 2021), Florida (August 2021), Illinois (October 2021)

F Mikayla Paschal (Largo, FL - Largo HS) Not Offered
Offers-
None listed via Twitter
Visits- Iowa (October 2021), Alabama (May 2022), Georgia (May 2022), Florida (June 2022), Iowa Elite Camp (June 2022)

CLASS of 2026
G Maddyn Greenway (Plymouth, MN - Providence Academy)
Offers- Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Creighton
Visits- Minnesota (September 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Iowa (June 2022), Michigan (June 2022)

G Jenica Lewis (Grimes, IA)
Offers- Iowa, Creighton, Dayton, Minnesota, Ohio State, Marquette, Penn State, Iowa State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Miami FL, Oklahoma, Florida, Maryland, Louisville, Michigan State, Michigan, Kansas and Oklahoma State
Visits- Iowa State (June 2021), Iowa Elite Camp (June 2021), Iowa (September 2021), Florida (September 2021), Louisville (October 2021), Oklahoma State (October 2021), Michigan State (December 2021), Michigan (December 2021)

G Kamrah Banks (Indianapolis, IN)
Offers- Iowa, Alabama, Ohio State, Purdue, Harvard, Xavier, DePaul, Pittsburgh, Marquette, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Tulsa, North Carolina A&T, Illinois-Chicago and Arkansas Pine-Bluff
Visits- Louisville (June 2021), Ohio State (June 2021), Kentucky (June 2021), Marquette (August 2021), Purdue (October 2021), Alabama (October 2021)

SG Ava Miles (Kansas City, MO - Park Hill South HS) #21 Top Spot Basketball 2026
Offers-
Iowa, Oklahoma State and Kansas
Visits- Oklahoma State Camp (June 2022), Baylor Camp (June 2022), Iowa Elite Camp (2022)

G Addison Bjorn (Kansas City, MO - Park Hill South HS) #24 Top Spot Basketball 2026
Offers-
Iowa, Michigan, Texas A&M, Louisville, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Iowa State, Kansas and Xavier
Visits- Louisville (June 2021), Nebraska Elite Camp (August 2021), Kansas (January 2022), Missouri (February 2022), Louisville (February 2022), Kansas State (February 2022), Iowa (June 2022)

CLASS of 2027
G Sydney Savoury (Ann Arbor, MI)
Offers- Iowa, Toledo, Michigan, Purdue and Harvard
Visits- Michigan (April 2022)
Edited with the Johnson-Etienne commitment.

What kind of stat’s are available from High School or any other info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What kind of stat’s are available from High School or any other info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
FCgcfMhXsAQ_Ftl

Looks like Iowa was the only P5 school to recruit her. Apparently she hasn't grown from 5'7", which could be a factor. Very little tape on her; so not sure what we're going to get. But Bluder has been courting her for a while, so I'd like to trust her instincts. In re: to an earlier question; does that fill out the roster, or do we still have a chance for Ava Jones?

Looks like Iowa was the only P5 school to recruit her. Apparently she hasn't grown from 5'7", which could be a factor. Very little tape on her; so not sure what we're going to get. But Bluder has been courting her for a while, so I'd like to trust her instincts. In re: to an earlier question; does that fill out the roster, or do we still have a chance for Ava Jones?
Still two roster spots open for 2023, so Jones is very much still in play. She talked about coaching stability being a big point with her, so that’s a good sign.

Reactions: hawkahawk
I wondered about her height too because of all the discussions that Maddy Greenway might not be tall enough …. I’m not concerned about it personally but what do I know?

thought this kid was the #13 recruit in the country…..or was that Illinois?

I wondered about her height too because of all the discussions that Maddy Greenway might not be tall enough …. I’m not concerned about it personally but what do I know?

thought this kid was the #13 recruit in the country…..or was that Illinois?
13 overall, 2 point guard in Illinois.

Reactions: natchrlman
Considering heading to Des Moines for the “Battle of the Best” WBB AAU tournament for a couple of days this week.

Callie Levin, Maddyn Greenway, Britt Prince, Kamrah Banks, Jenica Lewis, Divine Bourrage, Journey Houston, Hannah Coons and a couple of non-offer visitors Ava Zediker and Olivia Loomis-Goltl will be there.

Potentially Chloe Spreen and Jordan Speiser as well.

Considering heading to Des Moines for the “Battle of the Best” WBB AAU tournament for a couple of days this week.

Callie Levin, Maddyn Greenway, Britt Prince, Kamrah Banks, Jenica Lewis, Divine Bourrage, Journey Houston, Hannah Coons and a couple of non-offer visitors Ava Zediker and Olivia Loomis-Goltl will be there.

Potentially Chloe Spreen and Jordan Speiser as well.
Would love a report

Assuming Bluder and Jensen would attend. Would love to land a couple more from that list. We also need to find the next big post player.
The “marquee” game is Thursday morning. Missouri Phenom against All Iowa Attack.

Game will feature Levin, Bourage, Houston, Zediker, Coons and Speiser.

I’d be shocked if Bluder and/or Jensen are not there.

Still two roster spots open for 2023, so Jones is very much still in play. She talked about coaching stability being a big point with her, so that’s a good sign.
Two roster spots open for 2023 is assuming that two of the three seniors will graduate and move on (and possibly grad-transfer), in addition to Monica, and that one will return for their extra season. Is this a certainty? Any idea which player stays?

ADVERTISEMENT