ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Well if Jasmine Thomas just had an unofficial visit then they're still open to signing another '23 commit.
Do you mean Jasmine Brown? It's possible she could still commit but she has yet to take an official anywhere. She has been very quiet and has not name any favorites that I know of.

Assuming Davis returns, and Martin, Warnock, and Marshall all leave Iowa has 2 scholarships remaining.

I would move Goodman and Wetering to '25 as they have a medical redshirt available.

I think Iowa is done recruiting and the staff will likely pursue a grad transfer if anyone else leaves so they can have more schollies available for '24 which is a deep class.
I think landing Jasmine Brown is still at least somewhat in the cards considering she just visited and Iowa has conducted an in-home visit this year as well.

Reactions: crstuff
Do you mean Jasmine Brown? It's possible she could still commit but she has yet to take an official anywhere. She has been very quiet and has not name any favorites that I know of.
I’d like to assume the favorites are Iowa, Minnesota, Marquette, Michigan State, Pittsburgh and DePaul. The teams that did in-home visits.

I have found more on Jasmine Brown from her mom’s twitter account….

July 2022- Unofficial visit Iowa
March 2022- Pittsburgh in-home visit
March 2022- Minnesota in-home visit
March 2022- Marquette in-home visit
March 2022- Iowa in-home visit with B1G trophy
March 2022- DePaul in-home visit
March 2022- Michigan State in-home visit
December 2021- Unofficial visit Arizona State
November 2021- Unofficial visit Alabama
November 2021- Unofficial visit Ole Miss
November 2021- Unofficial visit Dayton
November 2021- Unofficial visit Butler
November 2021- Attended Minnesota Bradley WBB game
October 2021- Unofficial visit Marquette
October 2021- Unofficial visit Penn State
October 2021- Unofficial visit Pittsburgh
October 2021- Unofficial visit North Carolina
October 2021- Unofficial visit Belmont
October 2021- Unofficial visit Xavier
September 2021- Unofficial visit Minnesota football game
September 2021- Unofficial visit Wisconsin
What's with all the Minnesota visits? Are they in the lead here?

Exactly.

Re: Gabe. I recognize that Goodman and Wetering have the medical redshirt option, but until we know one way or another what their plans are, I left them in the class they came in with for simplicity.
Goodman and Wetering are actually listed as Redshirt Sophomores on Iowa's official roster now. That's why I had them in the Sophomore class on my roster matrix earlier.

https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/wbball/roster/

I think if Taiwo and Cook were asked to find a different home for their final year you will see the same thing happen to Wetering. I know she has been hurt but I think she has been recruited over with superior talent in the program now. Goodman is a wild card. She showed some flashes.

Not sure why you would say Goodman is a wild card. She was very very good as a true freshman and is fairly athletic. She'll get plenty of playing time this year.
Agree……we’re loaded at Center…. Wonder if they’ll play the younger Centers at the 4 with Monica at times?

I don’t know much about basketball…. The Hawks are the only two bball teams I’ve ever followed but I catch every game and to my untrained eyes both Goodman and O’grady sure looked like they’re going to be very good

Reactions: EduNeerHawk
Not sure why you would say Goodman is a wild card. She was very very good as a true freshman and is fairly athletic. She'll get plenty of playing time this year.
3.73 PPG as a freshman was very solid, but she is coming off a major knee injury so I think it's fair to say she will be a bit of a wild card. There is potential for a log jam in the front court with very athletic freshman forwards who are top 100 players and will fight (expect) playing time.

I have no idea how long Goodman wants to stay in college, but: 1) I think she could still use a regular redshirt this season if her injury is taking longer to heal or if the coaches don't expect her to play much with Czinano still around, and 2) she can still take an additional Covid year if she wants to.

She probably won't use both a redshirt and a Covid year (and she might not use either) but it's technically possible that Goodman could be the answer to who plays the 5 after Czinano and O'Grady graduate.

Speiser is really, really good. 6'1" guard who can handle and shoot. I like her best of all the 2025 kids listed and it isn't close. Looks like a college player already as a soon to be sophomore. I've seen her 6-7 times and she has hasn't had an off game in any of them.

Speiser is really, really good. 6'1" guard who can handle and shoot. I like her best of all the 2025 kids listed and it isn't close. Looks like a college player already as a soon to be sophomore. I've seen her 6-7 times and she has hasn't had an off game in any of them.
I’m hoping to talk to her and Hannah Coons after that 9:30 game Thursday. Should be a good one.

Class of 2025 #1 overall prospect Jasmine Davidson is playing for Northwest Select in Cincinnati this week.

Curious if anyone is going to Louisville. A number of Iowa recruits there.

Ava Jones and her family were in a bad car accident.
For some reason I can’t link his Tweet, but Kyle posted it a little bit ago.
They were pedestrians on a sidewalk and hit by a vehicle who mismanaged the turn while impaired. Article said all four are in critical condition.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: undersized_post
Ava Jones and her family were in a bad car accident.
For some reason I can’t link his Tweet, but Kyle posted it a little bit ago.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/update-po...cle_cc08242e-fcc0-11ec-a0bd-1ffa59f573c5.html

Here is link to the news story. Details are very sparse right now, but sounds like Ava and her parents (as well as 1 more adult) were hit by a car while they were on the sidewalk outside of the Louisville Convention Center. Ava and her family are in Louisville for a big AAU tourney.

Again details are sparse, but sounds like Ava and her parents went to hospital with "critical injuries."

Praying for the best for all involved

https://www.wdrb.com/news/update-po...cle_cc08242e-fcc0-11ec-a0bd-1ffa59f573c5.html

Here is link to the news story. Details are very sparse right now, but sounds like Ava and her parents (as well as 1 more adult) were hit by a car while they were on the sidewalk outside of the Louisville Convention Center. Ava and her family are in Louisville for a big AAU tourney.

Again details are sparse, but sounds like Ava and her parents went to hospital with "critical injuries."

Praying for the best for all involved
Tragic
🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: HIWILLE
F*cking tragic. Poor girl and her poor family. Can't imagine how terrible it must be to fight for your recovery while your loved one are in the next room also trying to survive -- unable to see each other.

I have full faith that no matter what happens, Bluder and the team will support Ava and be a partner in her future. She's a hawkeye now and part of the family thru thick and thin.

According to her Instagram, Jasmine Brown has visited Ohio State, Pittsburgh and Michigan State back in 2021. Obviously there have been more visits, but that was what I dug up.

I have reached out to her about her top schools and where she has visited.
No good time for this today, but since Ava Jones is expected to make a full recovery and is stable, I will share what I learned from Jasmine Brown.

She does not yet have a top schools list, but it will be out soon. Looking to make a decision in September and for sure by October 1st.

Clarified on the Iowa visit. Kennise Johnson-Etienne is her best friend, but they did not visit together. They were in Iowa City on separate days last week.

No good time for this today, but since Ava Jones is expected to make a full recovery and is stable, I will share what I learned from Jasmine Brown.

She does not yet have a top schools list, but it will be out soon. Looking to make a decision in September and for sure by October 1st.

Clarified on the Iowa visit. Kennise Johnson-Etienne is her best friend, but they did not visit together. They were in Iowa City on separate days last week.
The fact that Jasmine and Kennise are best friends can't hurt our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT